Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Clement is a Hero 19:34 - May 21 with 3440 viewsSwans_16

All this season, everyone said this team was poor, had no character and no ability.

How wrong were they ? PC has truly turned this club around, and the playing squad for that matter. PC, Gibbs, Karl and Claude have done a fantastic job and this 15th place finish truly proves that.

Hoping for a successful Summer, and providing we can keep Gylfi and Fernando, and strengthen in a few areas, we'll be looking good next season.

Have a great Summer !
Paul Clement is a Hero on 19:45 - May 21 with 3023 viewsbiggar

Totally agree. Walking out of the liberty on NYE after that thrashing by Bournemouth I couldn't see how anybody could possibly keep us up. We were that bad.
Paul Clement is a Hero on 19:56 - May 21 with 2950 viewsYossarian

PC has improved the whole squad and left everyone in no doubt that passengers on our journey will not feature. Goodbye Barrow. Bravo.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Paul Clement is a Hero on 20:24 - May 21 with 2826 viewsdickythorpe

Going back to the Hull game at the Liberty in August I thought we looked so devoid of ideas and knowhow.

LLorente has been a different player under him.

Gylfi and Fab superb.

Whilst Leon is a legend.

Mawson is a work in progress, a full pre-season with PC and we may have a gem on our hands.

The signings in January were spot on.
Paul Clement is a Hero on 20:25 - May 21 with 2818 viewsLoyal

Clement is the now.
As was Laudrup, Rodgers et al
We remain, not them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Paul Clement is a Hero on 21:55 - May 21 with 2682 viewsjack2jack

Nice little interview with PC
Paul Clement is a Hero on 22:02 - May 21 with 2644 viewsBrynCartwright

Respect to PC and CM, and also to the team as a whole. Christ...even Ki started contributing at the end. 15th is immense. I truly thought we were shafted at the beginning of 2017.
A canny Summer window coming I hope.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Paul Clement is a Hero on 22:10 - May 21 with 2595 viewsKilkennyjack

A £100m hero at that ....

Beware of the Risen People

Paul Clement is a Hero on 22:25 - May 21 with 2529 viewsjasper_T

Wonder how many games he'll be given if things get off to a bad start next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Clement is a Hero on 22:47 - May 21 with 2459 viewsKilkennyjack

Not many better English managers ?
Bloke at Ballsmouth ?

Beware of the Risen People

Paul Clement is a Hero on 07:21 - May 22 with 2242 viewsJackfath

Everyone?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Paul Clement is a Hero on 08:09 - May 22 with 2152 viewsScotia

The kind of man who should have been appointed after Laudrup instead of going for cheap options and fellow countrymen. He's learned from the odd mistake and I hope he's around for a while.
Paul Clement is a Hero on 08:16 - May 22 with 2133 viewsNirvana

Paul Clement is a Hero on 20:24 - May 21 by dickythorpe

Going back to the Hull game at the Liberty in August I thought we looked so devoid of ideas and knowhow.

LLorente has been a different player under him.

Gylfi and Fab superb.

Whilst Leon is a legend.

Mawson is a work in progress, a full pre-season with PC and we may have a gem on our hands.

The signings in January were spot on.

Excellent post, Dicky. Couldn't agree more.

I hope we have some "spot on" signings coming our way this summer too.
Paul Clement is a Hero on 08:20 - May 22 with 2127 viewsDr_Winston

Shame they don't do a manager of the month award for May or he'd be a shoo in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paul Clement is a Hero on 08:25 - May 22 with 2108 viewslifelong

What has been so noticeable lately is how we have got back to our passing game, great to watch it.
Paul Clement is a Hero on 08:36 - May 22 with 2036 viewsPegojack

It's been a fantastic, utterly unbelievable achievement by all concerned, considering the walking disaster of a football team we were at Christmas.

I thought yesterday was very, very encouraging. We are back to the Swans who can see off the run of the mill Premier League teams like Pulis's Baggies. We refused to panic after going behind, kept playing our game, kept chipping away, working the flanks (well done Narsingh, by the way, really made a difference) and in the end, our class told where it matters. As Pulis himself said, the difference is in the final third.

We are never going to compete with the big money clubs in the Prem, but our aspiration has to be to win our 'mini league', to be regularly beating the the Stokes, the Bournemouths, the Watfords, the Burnleys, and to pull off the occasional shock result against the big six. I am now very hopeful we have a manager who can achieve that.

Roll on next season, and let's hope we can retain Llorente and Siggy. I also think Ayew will be huge for us next time around.
Paul Clement is a Hero on 08:39 - May 22 with 2017 viewsNirvana

Paul Clement is a Hero on 08:36 - May 22 by Pegojack

It's been a fantastic, utterly unbelievable achievement by all concerned, considering the walking disaster of a football team we were at Christmas.

I thought yesterday was very, very encouraging. We are back to the Swans who can see off the run of the mill Premier League teams like Pulis's Baggies. We refused to panic after going behind, kept playing our game, kept chipping away, working the flanks (well done Narsingh, by the way, really made a difference) and in the end, our class told where it matters. As Pulis himself said, the difference is in the final third.

We are never going to compete with the big money clubs in the Prem, but our aspiration has to be to win our 'mini league', to be regularly beating the the Stokes, the Bournemouths, the Watfords, the Burnleys, and to pull off the occasional shock result against the big six. I am now very hopeful we have a manager who can achieve that.

Roll on next season, and let's hope we can retain Llorente and Siggy. I also think Ayew will be huge for us next time around.

Great post, Hereford. Very well said.
Paul Clement is a Hero on 09:14 - May 22 with 1938 viewsmonmouth

Speaking of heroes. You'll like this.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Paul Clement is a Hero on 09:16 - May 22 with 1930 viewsSTID2017

Paul Clement is a Hero on 20:25 - May 21 by Loyal

Clement is the now.
As was Laudrup, Rodgers et al
We remain, not them.

Not so - without Clement the now would have been the abyss of Championship football and a continued slide down.
PC and his coaching staff have completed a minor miracle in 19 short weeks
Many of the fans wouldn't have remained for another two years of struggle

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Paul Clement is a Hero on 09:41 - May 22 with 1876 viewsdickythorpe

Paul Clement is a Hero on 22:25 - May 21 by jasper_T

Wonder how many games he'll be given if things get off to a bad start next season.

And this is the cycle of football jasper......hero one minute but only a few poor results away from being a has been
Paul Clement is a Hero on 09:42 - May 22 with 1872 viewskarnataka

Paul Clement is a Hero on 08:36 - May 22 by Pegojack

Well said Mike. As for winning our 'mini-league', yes indeed, if we'd had the same points return in the first half of the season as we did in the second, we would have comfortably won our mini league finishing 8th on 58 points, well ahead of Southampton. This is the sort of thing we should aiming for next season.
Paul Clement is a Hero on 09:44 - May 22 with 1863 viewswestwalesed

For me when we got absolutely demolished in the first half at home by a bang average Manchester United side, Gylfi literally changing team tactics mid game, I thought we were utterly finished. Couldn't see a way back.

The turnaround by all involved has been spectacular. What has been most impressive was when we had a mini slump Clement refused to change his ideas - although bringing Brittan back into the side was crucial.

I like him, his presence, his style, his apparent thoughtfulness on the bigger picture. He has a resolve, that extra something. Very exciting times ahead.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Paul Clement is a Hero on 09:50 - May 22 with 1838 viewsmonmouth

Things can turn sour very quickly, but what do I like most about PC? He used the words 'I made a few mistakes'. Very few ego driven dickheads that normally end up as managers will have the self awareness or courage to say that in public.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Paul Clement is a Hero on 09:55 - May 22 with 1823 viewsPegojack

Paul Clement is a Hero on 09:50 - May 22 by monmouth

Things can turn sour very quickly, but what do I like most about PC? He used the words 'I made a few mistakes'. Very few ego driven dickheads that normally end up as managers will have the self awareness or courage to say that in public.

Very true, Monny.

Can you imagine that big headed w*nker Mourinho saying it, for example?

Come on, Ajax on Wednesday, by the way. I'm turning Dutch for the day....
Paul Clement is a Hero on 09:59 - May 22 with 1810 viewsPrivate_Partz

Paul Clement is a Hero on 09:14 - May 22 by monmouth

Speaking of heroes. You'll like this.

Wow. That should be heading up a thread of its own. The big man is an absolute beast. Reminds me of Tosh a tad and also John Charles (from the clips I have seen :-)) Better on th deck than both of them though.
We should not even consider selling him on to be a bit bit part player for the big boys. Show him what has happened to Wilf. Fernando should finish his top flight career with us.
Same applies with Siggy. We need to offload some players and buy wisely with the transfer fees we get and the wages saved.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 10:01]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Paul Clement is a Hero on 10:11 - May 22 with 1781 viewsLandore_Jack

The PL table on New Years Eve (after the Bournemouth match).

[Post edited 22 May 2017 10:13]

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024