Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew 07:45 - May 8 with 3870 viewsSTID2017

Starting to show his class.
I honestly believe he'll play a pivotal part over the next few seasons.
It would be great to see him score a couple next Saturday.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Ayew on 08:07 - May 8 with 2890 views34dfgdf54

Very much a big upgrade on Routs which is what was badly needed.

Wayne still has a part to play here, but it will be very much bit part from here on in I'd assume, I doubt he will be overly bothered either, it happens in the latter parts of a footballers career.
Ayew on 08:08 - May 8 with 2877 viewsE20Jack

He was clearly class the last time he was in the Premier League, unluckily for him he was in one of the worst sides to grace it in a long time. I always remember Andre Ayew saying at the time we had him that out of all 3 Ayew brothers, Jordan was the best in terms of sheer talent.

Andre was class when he was here always in the right place at the right time and deceptively good in the air, but Jordan gives defences headaches for 90 mins. He has a very languid style though and looks like he is labouring, he has a very awkward gait. Looks like he is hobbling half the time and often when he is sprinting full pelt it doesn't look like he is, I think he will amazingly be put into the "lazy" camp unfairly eventually by our fanbase who love a "lazy moan" when things arent going well, I can see it a mile off.

The fact is however - he is class and works his nuts off, just as his brother did who seemed to have the same work ethic.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 8:11]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Ayew on 08:18 - May 8 with 2835 viewsKGriz16

In his first hand full of games I wasn't exactly blow away, but the last three games I have seen a vast improvement and I think it's because of the new style of play/tactics we're seeing from PC and the boys. Things are looking very bright at the moment!
Ayew on 08:21 - May 8 with 2816 viewsE20Jack

Ayew on 08:18 - May 8 by KGriz16

In his first hand full of games I wasn't exactly blow away, but the last three games I have seen a vast improvement and I think it's because of the new style of play/tactics we're seeing from PC and the boys. Things are looking very bright at the moment!

Hes been our best player in the last 6 or 7 games. Even West Ham away and Spurs home he was our best player.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Ayew on 08:55 - May 8 with 2747 viewsMorfa_Same

Ayew on 08:18 - May 8 by KGriz16

He suffered from being the lone striker while Llorente was out. It's a role he's clearly not suited to. Since he moved out wide he's been one of our best players.
Ayew on 09:15 - May 8 with 2697 viewsLoyal

Is his class sustainable ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ayew on 10:29 - May 8 with 2576 viewsjack247

Ayew on 08:07 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Wayne still has a part to play here, but it will be very much bit part from here on in I'd assume, I doubt he will be overly bothered either, it happens in the latter parts of a footballers career.

Very much agree and I'll defend Routledge to the death when people want to drop him for the likes of Barrow and Montero. Ayew started slowly, but has brought a new dimension to our attack in the diamond. It was a position we needed to upgrade for a long time and it looks like we finally have.
Ayew on 10:49 - May 8 with 2526 viewsjackal

At first I didn't rate him at all.
But he's really coming into his own. Very impressed with his work rate and effort. Outstanding on Saturday, as was everyone else..
Login to get fewer ads

Ayew on 10:54 - May 8 with 2516 viewstomdickharry

Very talented hard working player whom can only improve under Mr Clement's coaching regime,his chip for Llorente's goal on Saturday was high quality,for the money we paid for him a bargin in today's inflated market.
Ayew on 10:56 - May 8 with 2513 viewspencoedjack

Ayew on 08:07 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

I can't see what Dyer/Bartley (to a lesser extent Routs) role will be in the coming years if we stay up.

Too much sentiment at Swansea
Ayew on 08:10 - May 9 with 2211 viewsNirvana

Ayew on 09:15 - May 8 by Loyal

Is his class sustainable ?

I believe so.

Below is what I wrote when he signed, describing a Villa-Birmingham match I posted and he excelled in.

It seems Clement has finally figured out how best to utilize Ayew, and he may be living up to his potential. These last three games will provide a good test of that.

"Yes, it's one match, it's Birmingham, and he came on as a sub at halftime.

But it is the Second City derby and just watch his movement, his skills, his awareness, his work ethic, his versatility. He, along with Grealish, completely changed the complexion of this game and he could be a huge asset for us going forward if deployed correctly. His crossing is consistently better than any of our wingers, and I'm hoping that will dovetail well with Llorente. He knows how to provide a proper cutback, as well, and that could help Siggy look even better than he does right now. He's also a proper footballer and not just a one-trick show pony, something we have so obviously been lacking in out on the wing.

Bare minimum, he could do for us exactly what he did in this game - provide a talented, hardworking and interchangeable attacker off the bench.

More likely, under the tutelage and direction of Clement we'll begin to see the realization of the potential he has shown flickers of throughout his career.

Remember, PC was telling the truth when he said he has followed him since he was at PSG and Jordan was at Marseille. Ayew has been a bright prospect for awhile, and I would assume PC has drawn up a very specific and integral role for him that will allow his best qualities to shine through. The hope is that it's correct, and that it works."
Ayew on 16:00 - May 9 with 1986 viewsyescomeon

I thought he was a striker when he came, he isn't. What he is is perfect for that utility forward role in the diamond Routledge used to play. Changed my tune on him after a slow start imo, tbf, he should never have been used as a lone striker though.

Upthecity!

Ayew on 16:16 - May 9 with 1935 viewsoldcob

He's always had class. It just takes some players longer than others to settle in.
Ayew on 16:33 - May 9 with 1889 viewsLeonWasGod

Ayew on 08:08 - May 8 by E20Jack

He was clearly class the last time he was in the Premier League, unluckily for him he was in one of the worst sides to grace it in a long time. I always remember Andre Ayew saying at the time we had him that out of all 3 Ayew brothers, Jordan was the best in terms of sheer talent.

Andre was class when he was here always in the right place at the right time and deceptively good in the air, but Jordan gives defences headaches for 90 mins. He has a very languid style though and looks like he is labouring, he has a very awkward gait. Looks like he is hobbling half the time and often when he is sprinting full pelt it doesn't look like he is, I think he will amazingly be put into the "lazy" camp unfairly eventually by our fanbase who love a "lazy moan" when things arent going well, I can see it a mile off.

The fact is however - he is class and works his nuts off, just as his brother did who seemed to have the same work ethic.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 8:11]

Andre's streets ahead imo. He influenced and could change games, and that's what you pay for. Jordan makes a useful contribution but the end product isn't there to the same degree. Just my opinion of course.

But, he's certainly come on leaps and bounds from his lowest point (Middlesbrough for me - he was completely disinterested after the first 10-15 mins). Spurs he had a good game and the last 2-3 games he's run his socks off. Still needs to get his head up more though.

On the flip side, the midfield need to wake up too - Jordan is constantly making good runs off the last shoulder but very rarely is he getting the service. We don't seem to have adjusted to a player who wants a ball in behind.
Ayew on 19:19 - May 9 with 1679 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew on 16:33 - May 9 by LeonWasGod

Andre's streets ahead imo. He influenced and could change games, and that's what you pay for. Jordan makes a useful contribution but the end product isn't there to the same degree. Just my opinion of course.

But, he's certainly come on leaps and bounds from his lowest point (Middlesbrough for me - he was completely disinterested after the first 10-15 mins). Spurs he had a good game and the last 2-3 games he's run his socks off. Still needs to get his head up more though.

On the flip side, the midfield need to wake up too - Jordan is constantly making good runs off the last shoulder but very rarely is he getting the service. We don't seem to have adjusted to a player who wants a ball in behind.

I think he's getting close now though. Considering how he even managed to get the cross over to Llorente speaks volumes. I thought he'd been closed out. That's the mark of a potentially very good player IMHO

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ayew on 19:35 - May 9 with 1651 viewsItchySphincter

Lazy and slow as f*ck.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ayew on 20:08 - May 9 with 1603 viewsjack247

Ayew on 19:35 - May 9 by ItchySphincter

Lazy and slow as f*ck.

In fairness, lazy was a pretty valid criticism in his first couple of games. Not sure slow ever was. Busts a gut now he is in a role that suits him.
Ayew on 20:19 - May 9 with 1571 viewsLoyal

He will get one on Saturday.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ayew on 00:38 - May 10 with 1393 viewsRancid

I thought we'd bought a dud at first.How wrong I was.Surly looking fella unlike his brother but I think he fits us better than his supposed better sibling.His tracking back is as good as Routs but he's stronger and better that Wayne going forward and he'll get better and better which is great for us.

Our dealings in the last window were criticized at first but with Ayew and Olsson it's proved to be a real success and a stay of execution for Supernose.
Ayew on 01:07 - May 10 with 1364 viewsGriffting

Ayew on 20:08 - May 9 by jack247

In fairness, lazy was a pretty valid criticism in his first couple of games. Not sure slow ever was. Busts a gut now he is in a role that suits him.

In fairness, he was clearly blowing out of his arse from the get go in the first couple of games he played. And he did look laboured, half a yard off the pace. Not sure if fitness was a issue when he got here. Seems up to speed now, though.
Ayew on 10:41 - May 10 with 1225 viewsyescomeon

Ayew on 16:33 - May 9 by LeonWasGod

You'd think Fer would be best equipped to supply those passes to him. No Jonjo, but Fer has a decent defence splitting pass on him when he wants to. Although I think Ki has been pretty good in midfield since we've gone back to the diamond.

Upthecity!

Ayew on 11:04 - May 10 with 1203 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew on 10:41 - May 10 by yescomeon

You'd think Fer would be best equipped to supply those passes to him. No Jonjo, but Fer has a decent defence splitting pass on him when he wants to. Although I think Ki has been pretty good in midfield since we've gone back to the diamond.

He does but he has a habit of overhitting them wildly on occasion.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ayew on 13:03 - May 10 with 1122 viewsyescomeon

Ayew on 11:04 - May 10 by Brynmill_Jack

He does but he has a habit of overhitting them wildly on occasion.

The nature of that type of pass I guess. If we're playing a 4 man midfield then no reason we couldn't accommodate someone who could, even if other areas of their game is lacking. Something to think about in the summer if we are sticking with the diamond. Which I think we should.

Upthecity!

Ayew on 22:47 - May 10 with 975 viewsscotty68

Yes Ayew looking the part . Who signed him ?
Ayew on 22:52 - May 10 with 962 viewsdameedna

I have been scouting him for years glad it is working out
Baston who signed him?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024