Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
camera buffs 18:45 - Dec 9 with 441 viewsCountyJim

got an old Nikkon f55 SLR with two lenses one AF NIKKOR 70-300 1.4-56 the other 28-80mm 1;3 3-5.6

I know the body isnt worth much but would the lenses work on newer digital cameras and are they worth anything

Cheers in advance
camera buffs on 13:19 - Dec 12 with 387 viewsShaky

Since nobody else has replied to this I'll give you my thoughts as a Pentax system owner that has considered moving to Nikon in the past.

This site will give you more info on the lens compatibility
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm

. . .but as I understand it your lenses will be fully compatible with the higher end pro and semi-pro models but auto-focus will not work on lower end cameras.

As for the lenses themselves I'm sorry to say they don't look like anything special to me. The 70-300 is a budget telephoto with a good range on digital, but it isn't very fast and the price you can get is likely to be depressed due to the fact it almost certainly won't autofocus on entry level DSLRs.

As for the the 28-80mm the crop factor on most affordable DSLRs means that the short end isn't anywhere near as wide as it was on film which limits its usefulness.

That said there is always a market for this stuff on eBay, and if it's just taking up shelf space and you might as well flog it off.

Try to have a good look through the lens first with a torch and the aperture wide open to check for fungus; if there are any signs of that I'm afraid the lenses are close to worthless.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

camera buffs on 16:04 - Dec 13 with 350 viewsCountyJim

Many thanks Shaky
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024