Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee 00:06 - Sep 8 with 4653 viewsCoventryDale

Told Lillis To Hurry Up. X2
Matty Lund Booked
Hogan Booked
Vincenti Booked. X2 Off
Told Rose Of For Doing Something About A Throw In

Bury

No Bookings
[Post edited 8 Sep 2013 0:07]

Poll: Appeal?

Referee on 00:16 - Sep 8 with 4625 viewsMass_Debater

Surprised nobody else has mentioned it.
Referee on 08:57 - Sep 8 with 4477 viewsThe_DJ

Referee on 00:16 - Sep 8 by Mass_Debater

Surprised nobody else has mentioned it.

Think Hill's strong words at half time were crucial in beating a shyte bury team, not with the players but the idiot who ruined the game.
We are allocated good refs and poor refs but there should be a consistency to performance.
The team committing the least fouls got all the yellow cards.
Referee on 09:31 - Sep 8 with 4409 viewsmacro

Referee on 08:57 - Sep 8 by The_DJ

Think Hill's strong words at half time were crucial in beating a shyte bury team, not with the players but the idiot who ruined the game.
We are allocated good refs and poor refs but there should be a consistency to performance.
The team committing the least fouls got all the yellow cards.

But the yellow cards were all deserved.
Referee on 09:36 - Sep 8 with 4401 viewsColDale

Referee on 09:31 - Sep 8 by macro

absolutely. You couldn't argue with any of them. They weren't dirty challenges but they were clear yellow cards. I'm sure Hill will be concerned about the amount of cards that we're picking up. By the time of our next fixture, suspensions will have affected four out of our seven league games.
Referee on 09:40 - Sep 8 with 4385 viewsMoonyDale

Referee on 09:36 - Sep 8 by ColDale

absolutely. You couldn't argue with any of them. They weren't dirty challenges but they were clear yellow cards. I'm sure Hill will be concerned about the amount of cards that we're picking up. By the time of our next fixture, suspensions will have affected four out of our seven league games.

I am sure that it was just derby fever that got us so many yellows, we were clearly more up for it than Bury. I don't have a problem with that at all, but I have to say that the ref was a clueless buffoon who reffed the game to his usual standard....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Referee on 09:44 - Sep 8 with 4383 viewsThe_DJ

Referee on 09:36 - Sep 8 by ColDale

Not got an issue with our yellow cards. The persistent fouling of the bury full backs , throwing the ball away when free kicks were awarded and rubbing heads in Donnellys face went unpunished.

Why ?
Referee on 09:49 - Sep 8 with 4352 viewsleedsdale

Referee on 09:31 - Sep 8 by macro

I haven't seen a replay yet so am fully prepared to change my opinion, but Two Metre Peter's second yellow looked a clumsy trip rather than a bookable offence. The other bookings seemed fair, but as others have pointed out the inconsistency of decision making (both ways) was frustrating.
Referee on 10:00 - Sep 8 with 4316 viewsfirgrovedale51

Referee on 09:44 - Sep 8 by The_DJ

Not got an issue with our yellow cards. The persistent fouling of the bury full backs , throwing the ball away when free kicks were awarded and rubbing heads in Donnellys face went unpunished.

Why ?

Agreed they had several fouls that warranted yellow cards
Login to get fewer ads

Referee on 13:11 - Sep 8 with 4186 viewsD_Alien

Referee on 09:40 - Sep 8 by MoonyDale

I am sure that it was just derby fever that got us so many yellows, we were clearly more up for it than Bury. I don't have a problem with that at all, but I have to say that the ref was a clueless buffoon who reffed the game to his usual standard....

Over the 90 (99) minutes, we were the team that turned up. Yet... up to the sending off and despite us taking the lead, bury were half a yard faster to the ball than us - and that's why we picked up the bookings, chasing players who'd already gone.

So not quite as clear cut as many seem to be making out.

After the red card, the game settled into the pattern of us defending in depth and using the odd breakaway to try to finish the game, which we did to great effect. During this period, bury were simply unable to break us down apart from the Grimes throughball. Most people's views seem to refer to the last 55 minutes of playing time, but prior to this it was a very different game, with bury largely on top.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2013 13:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Referee on 14:39 - Sep 8 with 4053 viewsMoonyDale

Referee on 13:11 - Sep 8 by D_Alien

Over the 90 (99) minutes, we were the team that turned up. Yet... up to the sending off and despite us taking the lead, bury were half a yard faster to the ball than us - and that's why we picked up the bookings, chasing players who'd already gone.

So not quite as clear cut as many seem to be making out.

After the red card, the game settled into the pattern of us defending in depth and using the odd breakaway to try to finish the game, which we did to great effect. During this period, bury were simply unable to break us down apart from the Grimes throughball. Most people's views seem to refer to the last 55 minutes of playing time, but prior to this it was a very different game, with bury largely on top.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2013 13:11]

Agree about them being on top at the start, what it is about the first 20 minutes of games and our continual slow starts baffles me. Before kick of it was remarked upon in the Sandy about Bury trying to get the ref banned on a previous occasion. How true this is I have no idea, but he once again showed himself to be wholly inconsistent. And although at the start Bury were mostly on top they never looked like creating much at all, Hilly got the tactics spot on after the sending off and the whole side should take a great deal of credit for that second half performance..Bring on Torquay I say..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Referee on 15:35 - Sep 8 with 3981 viewsdilligas

Taking the donnelly head to head out of it, I can't think of a single challenge from bury that deserved a yellow card
Referee on 15:48 - Sep 8 with 3949 views49thseason

Their 25 deserved one for continually playing through the back of both Donnelly and Hogan and their treatment of Bennett at corners was close to criminal. Poor effort by linesmen and ref yesterday but then we knew this ref is a bad'un before the game and got on the wrong side of him from the off.
I sometimes think we should abandon "Refwatch" on this site in case it leads to some referees taking umbrage before the game even kicks off.
Referee on 19:11 - Sep 8 with 3798 viewsSalwaDale

Quite how Henderson avoided a booking. It does sadden me that plenty of us think they were bookings, as that is how the game is now. I dread to think what football will be like in 20 years.

TBBT

Referee on 21:12 - Sep 8 with 3718 viewsTVOS1907

Referee on 15:48 - Sep 8 by 49thseason

Their 25 deserved one for continually playing through the back of both Donnelly and Hogan and their treatment of Bennett at corners was close to criminal. Poor effort by linesmen and ref yesterday but then we knew this ref is a bad'un before the game and got on the wrong side of him from the off.
I sometimes think we should abandon "Refwatch" on this site in case it leads to some referees taking umbrage before the game even kicks off.

Why?

They never really get slagged off. It's generally a factual article, rather than opinion or pre-judgement.

And I doubt a few words written on a fans website would affect their level of performance, especially given the split second in which decisions are made.

I also doubt they would go through the rigmarole of finding and reading the articles in the first place.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Referee on 21:15 - Sep 8 with 3706 views442Dale

Referee on 21:12 - Sep 8 by TVOS1907

Why?

They never really get slagged off. It's generally a factual article, rather than opinion or pre-judgement.

And I doubt a few words written on a fans website would affect their level of performance, especially given the split second in which decisions are made.

I also doubt they would go through the rigmarole of finding and reading the articles in the first place.

Nobody would read this site and get annoyed. It's impossible.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Referee on 21:20 - Sep 8 with 3690 viewsR17ALE

Referee on 21:15 - Sep 8 by 442Dale

Nobody would read this site and get annoyed. It's impossible.

Disagree. The commercial staff spend more time getting annoyed with this board than they do raising revenues!

Good cross btw! I was always reliable at nodding then in!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Referee on 21:21 - Sep 8 with 3685 viewsTVOS1907

Referee on 19:11 - Sep 8 by SalwaDale

Quite how Henderson avoided a booking. It does sadden me that plenty of us think they were bookings, as that is how the game is now. I dread to think what football will be like in 20 years.

In Henderson's case it was more to do with persistent infringements, rather than one particularly bad foul.

Maybe his herbal remedy company also supply ice!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Referee on 21:50 - Sep 8 with 3628 viewsTalkingSutty

Referee on 21:20 - Sep 8 by R17ALE

Disagree. The commercial staff spend more time getting annoyed with this board than they do raising revenues!

Good cross btw! I was always reliable at nodding then in!

Even Paul Tait could have headed that one in
Referee on 22:14 - Sep 8 with 3591 viewsmacro

Sako wouldn't have been able to
Referee on 22:19 - Sep 8 with 3583 viewsdale10

not only the headng there left back tried to stamp on donnelly near the corner flag in the 2nd half
Referee on 22:21 - Sep 8 with 3577 viewsdale10

that should say head rubbing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024