Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth gone 20:02 - Oct 28 with 28097 viewsMatch82

Official on club site
Ainsworth gone on 21:54 - Oct 28 with 3183 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth gone on 21:51 - Oct 28 by Quite_Possibly_Ropey

Looks like Sharon has given the green light...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/10/28/neil-warnock-gareth-ainsworth-sa

I'd be happy with this, particularly as it says it's until the end of the season.

Gives us time to get a DoF in and then make a full-time appointment, whether that be Warnock or someone else.

We need to stay up. Warnock is most likely our best bet for that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth gone on 21:59 - Oct 28 with 3123 viewsloftus77

So farewell to GA - wish it could have worked out but the change had to be made. All the very best to him.

It really seems there are 4 clear options:
1) Gary Rowett
2) Neil Warnock
3) Mark Warburton as DoF with John Eustace as Head Coach
4) Nathan Jones

My preference would be 3). My guess is we're going for 1).
Ainsworth gone on 22:07 - Oct 28 with 3027 viewsQPRSteve

Ainsworth gone on 21:54 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd be happy with this, particularly as it says it's until the end of the season.

Gives us time to get a DoF in and then make a full-time appointment, whether that be Warnock or someone else.

Seconded
Ainsworth gone on 22:09 - Oct 28 with 2989 viewsbosh67

Ainsworth gone on 21:54 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Safe pair of hands but what does he or anyone do about actual goal scorers?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth gone on 22:12 - Oct 28 with 2948 viewsQuite_Possibly_Ropey

Ainsworth gone on 22:09 - Oct 28 by bosh67

Safe pair of hands but what does he or anyone do about actual goal scorers?

Good question bosh - simplest answer would be that Neil will give us a plan again. Goals will be spread around the team if we have a system and make use of it. Neil also knows how to make use of a number 10 in the team so expect Chair/Willock to be utilised to full effect again.

Likely they will both look like completely different players again with Neil's arm around them.
Ainsworth gone on 22:13 - Oct 28 with 2930 viewsrbee

Ainsworth gone on 21:51 - Oct 28 by Quite_Possibly_Ropey

Looks like Sharon has given the green light...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/10/28/neil-warnock-gareth-ainsworth-sa

If true then this is a lazy and unimaginative appointment.

Poor old Neil will find out that Jimmy Dunne and co are not very good footballers.
Ainsworth gone on 22:17 - Oct 28 with 2871 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth gone on 22:13 - Oct 28 by rbee

If true then this is a lazy and unimaginative appointment.

Poor old Neil will find out that Jimmy Dunne and co are not very good footballers.

Now is not the time to be imaginative: it’s appointing the best person to save us from relegation.
Ainsworth gone on 22:22 - Oct 28 with 2801 viewsqueensparker

Once he agreed to or accepted going into a season with Dykes and Armstrong and Kelman up front he was doomed. As a manager you can’t be having that, it basically makes your job impossible as we are now finding out. A forward line with no goals in it at all.

Whether that’s the owners fault or his I don’t know but he’s paying for it now.

And the whole press schtick turning us into plucky losers trying to beat winners has never sat well with me. Two years ago we were beating everyone.

Best of luck Gareth you were a great player and you’re clearly a great man but the time and place wasn’t right
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth gone on 22:24 - Oct 28 with 2767 viewsrbee

Ainsworth gone on 22:17 - Oct 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Now is not the time to be imaginative: it’s appointing the best person to save us from relegation.

I totally understand your thinking but am not convinced that Warnock still has this in his locker.

Wegerle made a very good point

''We don't have the players to build for the future so no need for a manager for the future.''

The problem is that the revamping of the squad is a huge and expensive undertaking, think HS2.
Ainsworth gone on 22:32 - Oct 28 with 2665 viewsQPRConor2000

Sorry to see him go, you can tell he cared deeply about the club and all that, but it just didnt work out.

I think we should remember him as Ainsworth the player, not Ainsworth the manager.
Ainsworth gone on 22:33 - Oct 28 with 2648 viewsflynnbo

NW rates Lyndon highly.
Ainsworth gone on 22:33 - Oct 28 with 2646 viewsOakR

I try to never be too harsh with players who are clearly trying but are just not good enough. Same applies here.

Clearly no lack of effort or desire to succeed, and probably the wrong squad for how he wanted to play. I hope he goes on to succeed elsewhere.

It will be interesting to see how the next manager does - our squad isn't brilliant but I do feel the right manager can turn things around.

A sad end.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Ainsworth gone on 22:40 - Oct 28 with 2546 viewsrbee

Ainsworth gone on 22:17 - Oct 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Also thanks to the Matrade deal we shall have some money available in January so are we buying for survival or the future?

For me Warnock is a panic appointment and with not even 25% of this season gone there is no need to panic.
Ainsworth gone on 22:42 - Oct 28 with 2525 viewsHayesender

Any chance Taylor Richards can be sacked for gross misconduct? Complete and utter wrong-un

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ainsworth gone on 22:48 - Oct 28 with 2433 viewsnomar

Had to be done and, frankly, it should have been done after the Blackburn debacle.

Smashing bloke, but genuinely not good enough for this level and the style of football was truly awful.
Ainsworth gone on 23:01 - Oct 28 with 2330 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth gone on 22:24 - Oct 28 by rbee

I totally understand your thinking but am not convinced that Warnock still has this in his locker.

Wegerle made a very good point

''We don't have the players to build for the future so no need for a manager for the future.''

The problem is that the revamping of the squad is a huge and expensive undertaking, think HS2.

Warnock took over and led Huddersfield to safety just last season and I can’t believe they had a worse squad than us.

Also managers are not like players: they don’t suddenly decline in ability.
Ainsworth gone on 23:02 - Oct 28 with 2325 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth gone on 22:40 - Oct 28 by rbee

Also thanks to the Matrade deal we shall have some money available in January so are we buying for survival or the future?

For me Warnock is a panic appointment and with not even 25% of this season gone there is no need to panic.

Er have you seen the league table? We're already more than three points off safety.

We need someone to turn things around asap.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth gone on 23:12 - Oct 28 with 2222 viewsbaz_qpr

Interesting that despite many saying no manager would want to come here, We already have Warnock, Beale and Nathan Jones have all let it be known via journos they are "keen"
Ainsworth gone on 23:26 - Oct 28 with 2144 viewsLordPork

Memories of the Bond link to Redknapp, he basically was his driver but got paid to be "trainer or physio " I can't recall his exact title....but with Ainsworth he brought along his mate ex Wycombe to do the training part.

Set pieces too as I understand it....

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but I recall reading during the last game Dozzel was putting in some good corners, but beyond that, nothing. no free kick routines, nothing new or innovative. What we did get was the team building Haka process and a lot of wind and piss about building the team and commitment. From that we've had 3 red cards in the last month I think and stupidity beyond belief in terms of team players.

If you then add in the "results" the decision was overdue.

Don't get me started on the style of play.
I know you can only play with what you've got but Ainsworth has overseen a Transfer Window and had the chance to obtain loan players.

The money will help he and his team get over it I'm sure.......his parting can't have been a surprise. Shame but we move on.
Ainsworth gone on 23:26 - Oct 28 with 2138 viewsBenny_the_Ball

As I've stated before I like the guy and wanted it to work but it's failed spectacularly. This is the right decision and arguably should have been made sooner (FFP notwithstanding).
Ainsworth gone on 23:38 - Oct 28 with 2072 viewsManinBlack

Ainsworth gone on 20:39 - Oct 28 by qprxtc

Shame they can’t sack the f ucking players.

At least Gareth won’t be abused any longer.

Totally in agreement as they shame the club. One lousy point at home is disgraceful, and had it not been a last minute leveller against Swansea, we would be on zero home points. Right now we need to win about 14 away games to get close to 50 points as three home wins is about all we look likely to muster this season based on the past year.
Ainsworth gone on 23:48 - Oct 28 with 1974 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth gone on 20:14 - Oct 28 by Ranger_Things

So fcking predictable though, you didn’t have to be a soothsayer to know he was never a good fit for us. I’m pretty sure I and quite a few others had him out by October on his welcome thread.

From the wording it looks like they have someone lined up, they may do well to line up another for January.

Quite! Meanwhile, Hoos' loathsomely sanctimonious and complacent statement on the Offish will pass without comment (apart from by me), and he and the other amateurs piloting the ship will continue regardless on their Titanic-like quest to drive us down the leagues.

I'm sad, relieved and happy for GA (who had to go), but disgusted at all the rest of them.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 0:26]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Ainsworth gone on 23:50 - Oct 28 with 1969 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth gone on 20:27 - Oct 28 by connell10

I'd have him back definitely. But he ain't gonna come here so a mute point.

I think it might be moot, but it certainly won't be mute.

Ainsworth gone on 23:55 - Oct 28 with 1941 viewsstainrods_elbow

On the financial side, could Clive/anyone advise if the club publishes exactly how much we have been/are paying in compensation to all the managers we have hired and fired since this ownership took over (Ramsey, Hasselbaink, Holloway, Critchley, and now Gareth)? Perhaps someone could ask Lee Hoos at the next Fans' Forum and how he/they live with their sh*it about being skint through no fault of their own? Self-serving c*nts!

Ainsworth gone on 00:53 - Oct 29 with 1771 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ainsworth gone on 21:42 - Oct 28 by Bluce_Ree

I wanted him out and am glad he's gone but I'll be rooting for him to do well in his next job for sure.

Absolute shite for us though.

GA faces a huge problem tonight IMO.
Where will he go next after this implosion whether it was his inability to get it right or the players refusing to bleed blue and white .
No Championship team would touch him and there is no path back to WW so its lower leagues or bust I fear.
I know he is more financially secure after signing on to QPR but its short term and the future does not look great right now.
His final interview was sad he kept saying these players will keep us up under his leadership just before the ax fell.
Best of Luck to you
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024