Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report 10:43 - Nov 30 with 7900 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61358
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 11:29 - Nov 30 with 5716 viewsderbyhoop

A bit harsh on Begovic. Burger's shot clipped the inside of the post. Blame laid with Colback and Cook, who let him run off the back and then failed to close him effectively.
Stevens's 2nd caution was soft. But he did pull the shirt before Smyth threw himself to the ground.

Still a great ending and a long overdue win, so no real complaints. Au contraire.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 11:57 - Nov 30 with 5554 viewssprocket

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 11:29 - Nov 30 by derbyhoop

A bit harsh on Begovic. Burger's shot clipped the inside of the post. Blame laid with Colback and Cook, who let him run off the back and then failed to close him effectively.
Stevens's 2nd caution was soft. But he did pull the shirt before Smyth threw himself to the ground.

Still a great ending and a long overdue win, so no real complaints. Au contraire.

Agree, great strike from Burger and very little Begovic could do. Cook stood off him but he was otherwise excellent. As for Field, such a blatant penalty especially given the one QPR got.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 11:58 - Nov 30 with 5544 views89_50

Good fun, that.

On the Campbell continuously getting in behind Paal (particularly in the first half), part of the blame has to sit with Chair there. He just doesn't track his man. Ever. He trots along and then stands around. Stoke played that simple give and go about half a dozen times in the first half and there was no tracking.

He's obviously our best and most creative player, but he gets a bit of an easy ride on his infrequent effort when it comes to the unglamourous stuff.

I thought JCS was excellent when he came on. So much calmer and assured than Dunne. I appreciate he was defending against an opponent that wasn't exactly piling forward, but he's so important to how we now play from the back. I hope he starts on Friday.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:04 - Nov 30 with 5510 viewsGaryBannister86

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 11:29 - Nov 30 by derbyhoop

Don't agree, it may have been well placed but it was going so slowly that if he wasn't so old, Rejectovic would have had a chance to dial in his latest contribution to the Chelsea podcast AND do an advert for his soccer school before moving his feet and gathering it comfortably.

Why does this mercenary get such a free ride? I don't get it. He's not even a good keeper, never has been, and is a Chelsea reject.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:24 - Nov 30 with 5401 viewssoops

"Ring Gary"
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:29 - Nov 30 with 5346 viewsstevec

Fairly generous with the 6’s and 7’s but under the circumstances, fair do’s.

Talking of numbers, if that was 16,901 then the club have done a great job creating a 25000 capacity stadium whilst maintaining the authenticity of the original Loftus Road.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:31 - Nov 30 with 5356 viewsFredManRave

Here's a rating I doubt anybody will disagree with.

Whittingham 10.

That's the Trevor Sinclair bicycle kick of Match Reports.

A Fcuking Masterpiece.

Thanks Clive.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:33 - Nov 30 with 5346 viewsdaveB

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:29 - Nov 30 by stevec

Fairly generous with the 6’s and 7’s but under the circumstances, fair do’s.

Talking of numbers, if that was 16,901 then the club have done a great job creating a 25000 capacity stadium whilst maintaining the authenticity of the original Loftus Road.

yeah must be counting all season tickets as SA Road and parts of upper loft looked empty on the stream
Login to get fewer ads

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:40 - Nov 30 with 5292 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cracking report. Hugely enjoyable.
You never fail.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:41 - Nov 30 with 5283 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 11:57 - Nov 30 by sprocket

Agree, great strike from Burger and very little Begovic could do. Cook stood off him but he was otherwise excellent. As for Field, such a blatant penalty especially given the one QPR got.

Also agree. Excellent shot. No blame on Begovic, imo.

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:41 - Nov 30 with 5282 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brilliant report Clive.
Only reason I can see for Stoke not being given the pen was there was wrestling on both sides, but it looked a pen from where I sat. That would have been 3-1 and game over. An absolutely bizarre game.
Still, once our pen was given, that should have been a red card.

Bare bones.

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:09 - Nov 30 with 5140 viewsrobith

I moved my ST into Safe Standing in the Lower Loft when it opened at the start of last season, and due to the vagaries of my attendance Tuesday night represented 75% of all the goals I've seen scored at the Loft End. I was hugging strangers like we'd won the World Cup
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:22 - Nov 30 with 5045 viewsFDC

we’re cursed with a sports media that can’t see beyond the end of its six-club micro-penis.

Majestic
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:35 - Nov 30 with 4959 viewsNorthernr

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:09 - Nov 30 by robith

I moved my ST into Safe Standing in the Lower Loft when it opened at the start of last season, and due to the vagaries of my attendance Tuesday night represented 75% of all the goals I've seen scored at the Loft End. I was hugging strangers like we'd won the World Cup

The standing bit absolutely went off after the third and fourth goals, looked amazing from on high.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:38 - Nov 30 with 4940 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:35 - Nov 30 by Northernr

The standing bit absolutely went off after the third and fourth goals, looked amazing from on high.

That clip on the offish of the third goal and crowd scenes after is gold!

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:41 - Nov 30 with 4929 viewsAntti_Heinola

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:38 - Nov 30 by BrianMcCarthy

That clip on the offish of the third goal and crowd scenes after is gold!

Gave me the shivers
So long since we've had that kind of happiness. Even Watford was just relief.

Bare bones.

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:42 - Nov 30 with 4923 viewsAntti_Heinola

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:41 - Nov 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Also agree. Excellent shot. No blame on Begovic, imo.

You know loads more about keeping than me Bri, but have to say I lean towards Clive on this. Wasn't hit hard, was a long way out, he had a clear sight of it. It did bend in, and I wonder if that's why Begovic didn't get there - he slightly misread how much it curled. But I'd like my keepers to be saving that.

Bare bones.

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:46 - Nov 30 with 4904 viewsNorthernr

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:42 - Nov 30 by Antti_Heinola

You know loads more about keeping than me Bri, but have to say I lean towards Clive on this. Wasn't hit hard, was a long way out, he had a clear sight of it. It did bend in, and I wonder if that's why Begovic didn't get there - he slightly misread how much it curled. But I'd like my keepers to be saving that.

Footwork's not good enough. He just drops down to his right in three bits from where he's standing. You're meant to take a step and push off in that direction, particularly when it's been hit from three quarters of a mile away and is travelling at the speed of a Leonard Cohen song.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:47 - Nov 30 with 4896 viewswestberksr

great report Clive

great reminder to the outside world of our involvement in Venables brilliant career too

I'd forgotten what a home win was and I'm still in shock 2 days later!
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 14:00 - Nov 30 with 4803 viewsR_from_afar

Well, we now have our chant ready for the return fixture: "Not even a city, not even a
ci-iii-ty, Stoke, you're not even a city"

One of your best write-ups, and that's saying something. I also loved the bit about "Hi ho silver lining".

Great win that it was, it all means very little if we get back to losing ways. Safety is a long way off.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 14:15 - Nov 30 with 4724 viewsterryb

I think the main blame lays with Paal for the second goal. Put the ball out for a throw in rather than play a overhead kick that travelled all of ten yards & gave Stoke the ball. Or control the ball & lay it off to your goalkeeper.

Colback especially & Cook could have done better, but the need shouldn't have arisen.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 14:21]
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 14:20 - Nov 30 with 4704 viewsterryb

One of my biggest surprises from the night was that Johnson was on the pitch for 11 minutes before receiving a caution. I was expecting 1 minute at most!

A Ben Pearson own goal was poetic & coming back in a match against him & Johnson normally only happens in dreams!
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 15:07 - Nov 30 with 4515 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:46 - Nov 30 by Northernr

Footwork's not good enough. He just drops down to his right in three bits from where he's standing. You're meant to take a step and push off in that direction, particularly when it's been hit from three quarters of a mile away and is travelling at the speed of a Leonard Cohen song.

Fair enough, Antti and Clive. Maybe I'm getting soft in my dotage.

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 15:19 - Nov 30 with 4457 viewsthehat

Another masterpiece Clive - loads of bits and pieces in there to bring a smile on a cold frosty morning. I was beginning to think you might still be in Crown building a statue with empty Perroni bottles. I must admit I don’t normally drink in the week but its been so long a glass or two of the black stuff was consumed before I hit the pillow.

and then bloody Huddersfield go and spoil it the very next night.

Its still going to be tough but I still belive we might just get out of this.

We are also due a win a Deepdale…….
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 16:17 - Nov 30 with 4242 viewsManinBlack

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 15:19 - Nov 30 by thehat

Another masterpiece Clive - loads of bits and pieces in there to bring a smile on a cold frosty morning. I was beginning to think you might still be in Crown building a statue with empty Perroni bottles. I must admit I don’t normally drink in the week but its been so long a glass or two of the black stuff was consumed before I hit the pillow.

and then bloody Huddersfield go and spoil it the very next night.

Its still going to be tough but I still belive we might just get out of this.

We are also due a win a Deepdale…….

To be fair to our hapless team they did win at Deepdale in Critchley's brief tenure but by and large Preston get the better of us.

The win was a relief but I remain sceptical. Had Stoke kept eleven on the pitch, chances are we would not have got back at them as Northern rightly listed the statistics from the past 12 months. I have seen so many false dawns from us to rule out yet another one may have just occurred.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024