Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes 21:34 - Feb 19 with 10578 viewswaveydave

20:00 on comparing to Harry and his negativity?
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 10:48 - Feb 20 with 3200 viewsPinnerPaul

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 10:09 - Feb 20 by GetMeRangers

Maybe I am alone, but the love in is for the change in direction at the club. For the first time in god knows how long, it feels like our club again, with people who matter caring about the club. There was a quite a lot with NW, but with CR and Sir Les at the helm, it feels as if we might be moving back towards the QPR of my youth. A community club, for the fans, bringing through youngsters.
It will never be quite the same as the 80's early 90's but it does feel as if it is getting closer than we have had for a long time

Spot on.

As I said before they talked about different scenarios for CR, even if 1st team job doesn't work out, THAT's a huge step forward on its own.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 10:54 - Feb 20 with 3199 viewshighleverhoopL

To summarise: we've given up trying to buy instant success/run out of money*, so now
we are going to be Swansea instead.

* delete where applicable

TF kept banging on about the QPR style of football, which is going to inform every
other decision on player recruitment right down to youth level. But they didn't ask
him what the QPR style of football is going to be?
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 10:59 - Feb 20 with 3183 viewsJuzzie

I'm hoping that TF has finally realised that QPR is not a brand, franchise etc that is used to piggy back other commercial activities and is now remoulding everything accordingly.
We never have been and never will be, and most probably don't want to be, a Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City etc.

We, literally, are QPR.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 11:12 - Feb 20 with 3164 viewsPinnerPaul

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 10:59 - Feb 20 by Juzzie

I'm hoping that TF has finally realised that QPR is not a brand, franchise etc that is used to piggy back other commercial activities and is now remoulding everything accordingly.
We never have been and never will be, and most probably don't want to be, a Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City etc.

We, literally, are QPR.

I think penny has dropped - he said at one point "We're not Tottenham or trying to be - different sort of club"
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 14:25 - Feb 20 with 3086 viewsWestminsteRs

Poor from TF. Changes his mind halfway through about the 'dream manager' stuff. Agree with others. Seems like a chancer.

Les very good.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 14:36 - Feb 20 with 3071 viewswhittocksRs

Do I detect a very different narrative from Fernandes to the one Redknapp spouted - TF didn't even answer the early question about to "5.30am call"? Sounds like 'Arry was on the way out the day Ferdinand came in. Also references to Ramsey as a "true professional" — a dig at Redknapp? Fernandes sounds like he hasn't really got a clue about running a football club though. Gives off a lot of Richard Branson-style vibes that I do not like one bit.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 14:53 - Feb 20 with 3043 viewsAddinall

Good positive stuff from both of them.What more do we need?Now sit back and (hopefully) see it come to fruition.

Some will never give credit to the chairman whatever he does or says.Wasn't it he who appointed Les?

Reading some on here I would be inclined to say "why do I bother?".

If they do get their way and he goes I look forward to their reaction to the next guy.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 15:01 - Feb 20 with 3033 viewsWeaverQPR

TF has got no right to have a pop imo, he hired him, he allowed HR to do as he pleased, sanctioned 99% of his deals, thought the sun shone out of his R's. TF is so wishy washy its facking laughable. Crumbles to public demand, no backbone, no bollx.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 15:39 - Feb 20 with 3000 viewsDiscodroids

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 09:45 - Feb 20 by Northernr

Yeh agree, although let's see whether the CR love in survives a defeat or two.

too right.

TF reminds me of that old woody allen character 'Zelig' who cannot help assimilating the personalities of those around him .

i just hope he dosent stand next to john barrowman in drag any time soon.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2015 15:41]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 15:54 - Feb 20 with 2973 viewsQPunkR

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 14:53 - Feb 20 by Addinall

Good positive stuff from both of them.What more do we need?Now sit back and (hopefully) see it come to fruition.

Some will never give credit to the chairman whatever he does or says.Wasn't it he who appointed Les?

Reading some on here I would be inclined to say "why do I bother?".

If they do get their way and he goes I look forward to their reaction to the next guy.

Some would counter that by saying yes, but he also hired Redkrapp. And Hughes before him.

QPR - "shit but local"

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 16:36 - Feb 20 with 2931 viewsSimonJames

Is there some sort of mental condition that is a cross between ADD, Rambo and Tourettes?
Because I think that's what's going on in TF's head every time he fires up the old mobile for another 140-character-foot-in-mouthathon.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 17:00 - Feb 20 with 2898 viewsJuzzie

If you put 92 people in a room, you'll have 92 different personalities, outlooks, cultures, likes, dislikes, tastes, thoughts, opinions etc etc.

There are 92 Football League clubs, they are not all the same or want to be the same. I think people (i.e. Sam Hamman at Cardiff, Al Fayed at Fulham etc.) buy into football clubs thinking they all want to be Real Madrid, Man Utd, Chelsea etc.

If TF wanted what he wants, QPR was probably the wrong club for him. However, as I said above, I think (hope) he's realised this now and after a very expensive lesson is now trying to get a compromise between what he wants and ultimately, what the club wants.

The club is bigger than any one person, be it owner, manager or player. The club, is.

[Post edited 20 Feb 2015 17:08]
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 17:04 - Feb 20 with 2888 viewstorontolifelongfan

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 16:36 - Feb 20 by SimonJames

Is there some sort of mental condition that is a cross between ADD, Rambo and Tourettes?
Because I think that's what's going on in TF's head every time he fires up the old mobile for another 140-character-foot-in-mouthathon.

well they seem to be able to talk the talk so let see if they can walk the walk
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 17:50 - Feb 20 with 2840 viewsWeaverQPR

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 17:04 - Feb 20 by torontolifelongfan

well they seem to be able to talk the talk so let see if they can walk the walk

Weve had 4 years of talking its wearing a bit thin

@WeavQPR

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 18:58 - Feb 20 with 2799 viewsOutintheOrne

Just watched it. Thank Christ we've got Ferdinand, Tony is a total bollock.
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 19:38 - Feb 20 with 2634 viewsPinnerPaul

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 15:01 - Feb 20 by WeaverQPR

TF has got no right to have a pop imo, he hired him, he allowed HR to do as he pleased, sanctioned 99% of his deals, thought the sun shone out of his R's. TF is so wishy washy its facking laughable. Crumbles to public demand, no backbone, no bollx.

So he should have kept Redknapp?
Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 23:26 - Feb 20 with 2535 viewsPommyhoop

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 09:55 - Feb 20 by OldPedro

Agree totally with the comments on Les - came across very well. I think what we need to see is some action on the training ground so that we can see things moving forward.

Yep .Sir Les came across brilliantly. I think I mentioned before that Mrs Pommy used to work at East Acton branch of Midland bank and a couple of times she served Sir Les ( cue Frankie Howard impression). She used to say he is as thick as and do a Rocky like voice to wind me up. Nearly ended a beautiful relationship.
I've just dragged her by the hair to the computer and shouted '' See , I f'cking told ya.!''

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Shots fired by Tony Fernandes on 01:46 - Feb 21 with 2507 viewssilky

Overall I enjoyed watching that. As everyone has stated "Les" came across very well in what he actually says he wants to implement into QPR even though he does actually sound really thick. (Sorry Les)

"TF" well he can't really win here, some will like him others won't. I do wish on the "Dream Manager" Tweet he would just hold his hands up and say "I was a pratt for saying that" rather than squirming around his seat thinking of something to say that will soften the blow. (I couldn't actually watch it as it was too cringe worthy)

"I actually think it helped the players" TF said! Ferdinand was on his case saying otherwise.

Glad we still won and that was down to CR who I hope is given a fair crack by the fans. We will loose games that is unavoidable but if I see a plan is in place for every game till the end of the season with backup plans in place for if Plan "A" is not working, throw in a youth player every now and again then I can't ask for more than that even if we go down.

I am a lot happier about the current situation than I have been in the last few years.

Good luck to CR and the team! 100% behind you. :D

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024