Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation beckons 09:05 - Jan 2 with 15210 viewspomanjou

However hard they may try, however much quality we may have, whoever we may be missing through injury, the fact is that 4 points from the last 18 possible is relegation form.

We had dead cat bounce.

We are giving him time, I hope and we should, but I am confused by his lineups and what was the point of bring on Luongo in the 85th minute just to mention one thing.

The Messiah he is not.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Relegation beckons on 22:01 - Jan 2 with 2775 viewsQPRDave

Relegation beckons on 21:53 - Jan 2 by johncharles

One sure way of getting relegated is to go round believing it will never happen.

Exactly
Relegation beckons on 22:03 - Jan 2 with 2764 viewsRangersw12

Relegation beckons on 21:53 - Jan 2 by johncharles

One sure way of getting relegated is to go round believing it will never happen.

I think there are 3 worse teams than us plus Bolton already looked doomed so 2 places really

Rotherham is looking like a big game though
Relegation beckons on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 2751 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Relegation beckons on 22:03 - Jan 2 by Rangersw12

I think there are 3 worse teams than us plus Bolton already looked doomed so 2 places really

Come on. We are going to be ok. So JFH is hamstrung by the shit he has taken on. He will sort it. Mid to upper table respectability beckons.
Relegation beckons on 22:08 - Jan 2 with 2748 viewsade_qpr

Re relegation ( without starting another thread)
What is worth more selling Charlie now or keeping him and hopefully his goals keep us up? In other words is it going to cost us more by going down than what we would make by selling him now. The same could be asked of other players like Fer, Phillips, Sandro etc with the cost of their wages and possible safety vs transfer fees for them. This should be looked at both in money terms but also what happens to the club's development if we stay in L1, the longer the harder it would be for the club.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Relegation beckons on 22:17 - Jan 2 with 2732 viewsQPRDave

All depends on this window.
Apparently we had an ex Leeds centre back at the ground last match, who was one of about 5 players who went "on strike" the day before a game v Charlton last season.
Right sort?
Relegation beckons on 22:59 - Jan 2 with 2673 viewsFredManRave

Relegation beckons on 22:17 - Jan 2 by QPRDave

All depends on this window.
Apparently we had an ex Leeds centre back at the ground last match, who was one of about 5 players who went "on strike" the day before a game v Charlton last season.
Right sort?

The only right sort at the game yesterday was sitting next to Fernandes.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Relegation beckons on 23:02 - Jan 2 with 2669 viewsNorthernr

Christ, another transfer window. can't wait. The last dozen went so well.
Relegation beckons on 23:23 - Jan 2 with 2620 viewsTacticalR

In the days of Thompson we used to organise demonstrations against player sales. Times have changed and it looks like we are now going to have to organise demonstrations against player purchases.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation beckons on 01:23 - Jan 3 with 2536 viewsSomersetHoops

Relegation beckons on 12:33 - Jan 2 by RangersDave

The season started with such promise?

Really?

Anyone that saw the team and Ramsey at Newport could tell you we were in trouble.

We've never been fit, so where was the promise? I'm interested to learn.

The promise was a long term plan for developing a team. One result or performance would not be relevant at the early stages, but some expectations of instant results contributed to the abandoning of that plan. I think we would have done better in the mid to long term if we had stuck with it. The changes have only contributed to disruption and worse failure.

Who's Next?

Relegation beckons on 07:52 - Jan 3 with 2452 viewsjohnhoop

Relegation beckons on 22:07 - Jan 2 by oldmeadoniansR

Come on. We are going to be ok. So JFH is hamstrung by the shit he has taken on. He will sort it. Mid to upper table respectability beckons.

I wouldn't be so sure. Take a long hard dispassionate look at the 21 fixtures we've got left and see if you can identify where the 6 or 7 wins we are going to need to stay up are coming from.
The way we're playing at the moment, even the away games at teams like Rotherham and Blackburn that are coming up look like they could be too difficult for us.
I tend to agree with Holloway on this one. If Charlie stays we should stay up fairly comfortably. If he goes we could find ourselves deep in the brown stuff.
Relegation beckons on 08:37 - Jan 3 with 2424 viewsjohncharles

Relegation beckons on 22:03 - Jan 2 by Rangersw12

Remember how Leicester were one of the teams tha were worse than us and nailed on for relegation ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Relegation beckons on 09:25 - Jan 3 with 2379 viewsbaz_qpr

Relegation beckons on 23:02 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Christ, another transfer window. can't wait. The last dozen went so well.

Only two more to Transfer Embargo time so we better use them well...

Re the OP I fear for us if Austin goes, we've only won one or two without him so any replacement(s) would have to be bang on the money and hit the ground running
Relegation beckons on 09:28 - Jan 3 with 2373 viewskomradkirk

at least we are not under the famous illusion that we are "too good to go down"
Relegation beckons on 10:58 - Jan 3 with 2316 viewskropotkin41

Relegation beckons on 09:28 - Jan 3 by komradkirk

at least we are not under the famous illusion that we are "too good to go down"

It would be horrible of course, but interesting to see what kind of response relegation would draw from the owners.

Would relegation to League One finally bring about the kind of reconstruction we need, or would TF et al just bale out and leave us in the mire deeper than when they found us?

The oft-quoted story of Swansea being one game away from dropping out of the league springs to mind; I wonder if we're suffering from a fever and if the fever gets serious enough it will drive out the sickness...... or whether it might just kill us off.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Relegation beckons on 11:46 - Jan 3 with 2267 viewsisawqpratwcity

Relegation beckons on 21:44 - Jan 2 by Rangersw12

We're 7-1 on betfair to go down

Put your giro on it fella if you're that confident

Jeez, I thought you meant 7-1 ON to go down!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Relegation beckons on 12:23 - Jan 3 with 2077 viewsWestonsuperR

What worries me is I am sure the more recently promoted teams (Rotherham, Bristol City for example) will be well up for the fight of staying in this league, will our players? I believe the towards the end of the season the players need the right mental attitude, this starts with the Manager and have seen little to comfort me from JFH so far.
Relegation beckons on 16:24 - Jan 3 with 1973 viewsSimonJames

Relegation beckons on 19:54 - Jan 2 by Northernr

I'll expand on this in the match report online shortly but Pom is, potentially, right.

The club rightly, last summer, identified the possibility for it to drop straight through the division like Wolves did in 2012/13. It managed expectations and went about its business primarily with that in mind and that was exactly the right thing to do. It has since, entirely of its own volition and without prompting, largely thanks to the chairman and his social media output a couple of months back, shoved the whole thing off the side of a cliff again.

We have two fewer wins and one fewer point than Wolves did at this stage of the 2012/13 season - they'd won nine and had 31 points, we've won seven and have 30. We have won two of nine and four of 18. That is relegation form. Four of our next five matches are away.

Just to reiterate... at no time during the 10 completed seasons since the Championship began, has the team lying 16th after 25 games finished in the relegation zone.
And (in the event that we lose to Blackburn on Tuesday) only twice has the 17th placed team gone down. NB. in Portsmouth's case they were docked 10 points for going into administration.
So (ceteris paribus), statistically speaking relegation is unlikely.

2014-15 Bolton/Reading > 18 & 19
2013-14 Bournemouth/Birmingham > 10 & 21
2012-13 Huddersfield/Wolves > 19 & 23
2011-12 Barnsley/Portsmouth > 21 & 22
2010-11 Barnsley/Bristol > 17 & 15
2009-10 Watford/Coventry > 16 & 19
2008-09 Coventry/Blackpool > 17 & 16
2007-08 Sheffield United/Blackpool > 9 & 19
2006-07 Leicester/Norwich > 19 & 16
2005-06 Derby/Coventry > 20 & 8
2004-05 Leeds/Wolves > 14 & 9
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 17:06]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Relegation beckons on 16:38 - Jan 3 with 1948 viewsqprphil

Statistics or not, we are in trouble. Lets give some of our youngsters a game, they as sure as hell show a bit more passion, which will get the crowd on there side. It will also spur the lazy sods into action, if not kick them out.
Relegation beckons on 17:01 - Jan 3 with 1900 viewsQPRDave

Relegation beckons on 16:24 - Jan 3 by SimonJames

Just to reiterate... at no time during the 10 completed seasons since the Championship began, has the team lying 16th after 25 games finished in the relegation zone.
And (in the event that we lose to Blackburn on Tuesday) only twice has the 17th placed team gone down. NB. in Portsmouth's case they were docked 10 points for going into administration.
So (ceteris paribus), statistically speaking relegation is unlikely.

2014-15 Bolton/Reading > 18 & 19
2013-14 Bournemouth/Birmingham > 10 & 21
2012-13 Huddersfield/Wolves > 19 & 23
2011-12 Barnsley/Portsmouth > 21 & 22
2010-11 Barnsley/Bristol > 17 & 15
2009-10 Watford/Coventry > 16 & 19
2008-09 Coventry/Blackpool > 17 & 16
2007-08 Sheffield United/Blackpool > 9 & 19
2006-07 Leicester/Norwich > 19 & 16
2005-06 Derby/Coventry > 20 & 8
2004-05 Leeds/Wolves > 14 & 9
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 17:06]

Are the numbers on the right the positions those teams finished?
The reason I ask is, because 22nd to 24 th are relegation places
Relegation beckons on 17:12 - Jan 3 with 1874 viewsSimonJames

Relegation beckons on 17:01 - Jan 3 by QPRDave

Are the numbers on the right the positions those teams finished?
The reason I ask is, because 22nd to 24 th are relegation places

Yes.
So only two 17th placed teams have been relegated: Wolves who went from 17th to 23rd, and Portsmouth went from 17th to 22 (although Portsmouth would have actually finished 18th if they hadn't been fined 10 points).
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 17:13]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Relegation beckons on 17:27 - Jan 3 with 1839 viewsQPRDave

Relegation beckons on 17:12 - Jan 3 by SimonJames

Yes.
So only two 17th placed teams have been relegated: Wolves who went from 17th to 23rd, and Portsmouth went from 17th to 22 (although Portsmouth would have actually finished 18th if they hadn't been fined 10 points).

Ah thanks Simon, just having an elderly moment there!
Relegation beckons on 17:27 - Jan 3 with 1833 viewsJigsore

Relegation beckons on 17:12 - Jan 3 by SimonJames

Yes.

And even then Wolves were relegated with 51 points, that would see you safe in nearly any other season

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Relegation beckons on 17:28 - Jan 3 with 1831 viewsLadbrokeR

There is a 11 page thread on WATRB entitled Jimmy out. Yes our form isn't up to much and I was calling for Ramsay to leave in the end but the fella has barely had enough time to pay a catalogue debt. We've made our bed so as the song goes we have got to lie in it. Maybe we need a relegation scrap to prompt a transition.
Relegation beckons on 17:31 - Jan 3 with 1812 viewsQPRDave

Relegation beckons on 17:28 - Jan 3 by LadbrokeR

There is a 11 page thread on WATRB entitled Jimmy out. Yes our form isn't up to much and I was calling for Ramsay to leave in the end but the fella has barely had enough time to pay a catalogue debt. We've made our bed so as the song goes we have got to lie in it. Maybe we need a relegation scrap to prompt a transition.

We've had 2 relegation scraps in the last 3 years
Relegation beckons on 17:39 - Jan 3 with 1793 viewsLadbrokeR

The last time I looked they weren't in the championship. At one point I believed that this group players should be performing better than they are and perhaps they should. People are reading a lot into Warnocks very short time as interim manager. My point is let the bloke get his feet under the table and if it results in a championship relegation scrap so be it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024