Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Allen signs for Burton 23:47 - Aug 31 with 19874 viewsoddjob007

[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 23:47]
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 01:22 - Sep 1 with 3148 viewsKenBoon

This reeks of a crap transfer fee. I don't see Burton splashing money. He couldn't leave for free in the summer because he'd been at the club since he was eight. He's probably not the loss he would have been last year and it seemed inevitable, but I'd have expected a bigger move.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 05:16 - Sep 1 with 3031 viewsDaleaholic

Good business from the club.

You look at the replies on this thread and everyone is saying the same... He hasn't progressed as most would expect. In my personal opinion, the quality of the team has improved and left Allen behind. Allen burst onto the scene in League 2 and looked an incredible prospect but as of late, he's just not been that same player. Rathbone, Camps, Cannon, Morley, Adshead... They're the future now.

Good Luck Jamie and hopefully we'll be seeing you in the not too distant future!

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 05:20 - Sep 1 with 3027 viewsflyerdale

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 05:16 - Sep 1 by Daleaholic

Good business from the club.

You look at the replies on this thread and everyone is saying the same... He hasn't progressed as most would expect. In my personal opinion, the quality of the team has improved and left Allen behind. Allen burst onto the scene in League 2 and looked an incredible prospect but as of late, he's just not been that same player. Rathbone, Camps, Cannon, Morley, Adshead... They're the future now.

Good Luck Jamie and hopefully we'll be seeing you in the not too distant future!

It's not the best news but we've kept the better of the two prospects in midfield that were linked to moving yesterday, the other was Rathbone.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 06:15 - Sep 1 with 2970 viewsTipperaryDale

Been thinking since the back end of last season that Allen could be gone sooner rather than later. His effort and attitude this season have been lacking, it was obvious he wanted out.

Not sure Burton is a good move though, they'll be losing most weeks, and the fans might prefer a monster in midfield rather than a passer. He's no Perkins, despite his size.

As for us it depends on the fee we've got. I suspect it might be decent, as although Jamie's contract was up he would not have been a free transfer, and with over a hundred games played his tribunal fee wouldn't have been as low as they sometimes can be.

Onwards and upwards.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 06:25 - Sep 1 with 2952 viewsDaleiLama

Not the best news to wake up to, but not the worst either. Midfield looks like an area where we have good depth, with young players coming through and Burton obviously hit our valuation to release him. Can't blame Jamie for wanting to play at a higher level and for more money either. Good luck Jamie. Good player and good memories of him.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 06:36 - Sep 1 with 2929 viewsTalkingSutty

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 06:25 - Sep 1 by DaleiLama

Not the best news to wake up to, but not the worst either. Midfield looks like an area where we have good depth, with young players coming through and Burton obviously hit our valuation to release him. Can't blame Jamie for wanting to play at a higher level and for more money either. Good luck Jamie. Good player and good memories of him.

A bit like seeing one of your kids leave home this, i feel a bit sad about it but it's the right move. He needs to move to progress his game because he seems to have stagnated a bit lately and I reckon he needs a change of scenery. He'll do well in the Championship because he can look after the ball and does the simple things well, if he can add a few goals and look for the killer pass a bit more then it wouldn't surprise me if we reap financial benefits further down the line. I would reckon 400/500 K with add ons is about right. Good luck Jamie, you deserve this move and Burton are a good Club.

The money will probably go a long way to covering our seasonal deficit and balance the books, selling a decent player every season or getting lucky with a decent cup run is how we roll...we aren't bury, we've got bills to pay.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 7:06]
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 06:43 - Sep 1 with 2910 viewsrochdaleriddler

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:37 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

Good business by Dale, and it'll be interesting to see if the move allows him to progress. He'd reached a bit of a plateau and much will depend on being utilised in a role that best suits him, which is...

And that's the trouble. Does even he know?

Good luck though

Is it good business by the club? We don't know the fee, we don't know if Jamie expressed a desire to leave, yes his development hasn't been as rapid as many thought it would be, but that might be down to the way we utilise him. If the fee was around 500k, that may have been adequate 2 years ago, but given the stratospheric fees being paid in the championship right now I fear it is Burton that have the good deal. Anyways good luck Jamie - up the dale

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:01 - Sep 1 with 2837 views1907

Lund hasn't been adequately replaced and neither has Allen now which is a deep concern. We have no midfield enforcer and have just lost another of our now senior DCM's. Allen has most definitely regressed, recently losing the ability to move the ball forward, but we now posses even less experience in the middle of the park.
Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:02 - Sep 1 with 2833 viewsrochedale

Argh!! Went to bed last night think we had survived, only to wake up to this news.

Always rated Jamie highly, often goes a little unnoticed due to getting a job done simply. A great player with very few errors, good eye for a pass and reads the game well. I've been surprised recently the amount of people on here who have left him out of their starting 11's.

Good luck Jamie, hope we got a good fee.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:05 - Sep 1 with 2817 viewsColDale

Don't want to sound like I'm putting the boot into Allen, because I'm not. He's been great for us, and will leave us with nothing but fond memories.

In terms of his importance to the club, I reckon 95% of fans would have (in no particular order) Hendo, Done, Davies, Rathbone, Camps, Raff and Bunney all above him, so we've got a fee of around £500,000 plus add ons for someone who is at best our 8th most important player.

For me, he's not kicked on as a player. and maybe it's a size thing, but I still see him as being a young player with potential, whilst someone like Camps has gone that step further and developed into a fully fledged first team player.

I think Allen will benefit from the move as much as anyone. There will be a need to raise his game going into new surroundings and of course a division higher, and that might not have been possible at Spotland. You can get too comfortable at times.

If I was Hilly, I'd be sitting Andy Cannon down for a long chat and tell him he's got a real opportunity now to change from being a bit part player to a week in week out first team player, whilst instilling that if he doesn't grasp that opportunity, we've got the likes of Morley, Williams x 2 and Adshead waiting in the wings.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:09 - Sep 1 with 2790 viewsTalkingSutty

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:01 - Sep 1 by 1907

Lund hasn't been adequately replaced and neither has Allen now which is a deep concern. We have no midfield enforcer and have just lost another of our now senior DCM's. Allen has most definitely regressed, recently losing the ability to move the ball forward, but we now posses even less experience in the middle of the park.

I know what you are saying but if we don't move players on ( maybe Allen was after a move) then how do we progress the young talented midfielders we already have at the Club?
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:16 - Sep 1 with 2742 viewssandy_dale

There was a thread on here some time ago claiming Camps for progressing and Jamie had stagnated, now it's the end of the world.

He was going to leave for free, which we all would have moaned about so when we cash in, we moan about it?
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:19 - Sep 1 with 2728 viewsTalkingSutty

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:05 - Sep 1 by ColDale

Don't want to sound like I'm putting the boot into Allen, because I'm not. He's been great for us, and will leave us with nothing but fond memories.

In terms of his importance to the club, I reckon 95% of fans would have (in no particular order) Hendo, Done, Davies, Rathbone, Camps, Raff and Bunney all above him, so we've got a fee of around £500,000 plus add ons for someone who is at best our 8th most important player.

For me, he's not kicked on as a player. and maybe it's a size thing, but I still see him as being a young player with potential, whilst someone like Camps has gone that step further and developed into a fully fledged first team player.

I think Allen will benefit from the move as much as anyone. There will be a need to raise his game going into new surroundings and of course a division higher, and that might not have been possible at Spotland. You can get too comfortable at times.

If I was Hilly, I'd be sitting Andy Cannon down for a long chat and tell him he's got a real opportunity now to change from being a bit part player to a week in week out first team player, whilst instilling that if he doesn't grasp that opportunity, we've got the likes of Morley, Williams x 2 and Adshead waiting in the wings.

Good post, although i would have put Allen a bit further up in your pecking order, his ball retention is better than anybody we have at the Club in my opinion. Agree regarding Cannon, Hill mentioned him a couple of months ago as Lunds replacement and I would like him to be given a real run in the team. It's probably my imagination but I sometimes think Cannon is unfairly singled out and treated like the runt of the litter at times. There's a cracking midfielder in there and one who can play box to box and chip in with goals. When you add Camps and Rathbone to the equation we are pretty good in midfield. I haven't seen enough of Adshead or Morley but wouldn't think they are ready for League One yet.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 7:21]
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:22 - Sep 1 with 2704 viewsscarrow

More money received than if he was sold in January. Lots of whispers that he wasn't going to sign a new deal so it was inevitable. Shame to see him go and I hope he does well at Burton.

Poll: Final position

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:23 - Sep 1 with 2708 viewsTalkingSutty

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:16 - Sep 1 by sandy_dale

There was a thread on here some time ago claiming Camps for progressing and Jamie had stagnated, now it's the end of the world.

He was going to leave for free, which we all would have moaned about so when we cash in, we moan about it?

The overwhelming majority of posts are in agreement with the move.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:27 - Sep 1 with 2689 viewsClivert

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:19 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

Good post, although i would have put Allen a bit further up in your pecking order, his ball retention is better than anybody we have at the Club in my opinion. Agree regarding Cannon, Hill mentioned him a couple of months ago as Lunds replacement and I would like him to be given a real run in the team. It's probably my imagination but I sometimes think Cannon is unfairly singled out and treated like the runt of the litter at times. There's a cracking midfielder in there and one who can play box to box and chip in with goals. When you add Camps and Rathbone to the equation we are pretty good in midfield. I haven't seen enough of Adshead or Morley but wouldn't think they are ready for League One yet.

I have to have to echo the thoughts of most on this thread that Jamie hasn't kicked on as much as what we would have hoped for over the last two seasons and that he'd probably dropped behind Camps and Rathbone in the pecking order. I'm sure the club received a decent offer for Jamie as
financially we shouldn't be in a position where we have to sell players.

Good luck Jamie, you've been a fantastic servant and managed to win a promotion with your hometown club, which is something to be really proud of.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:33 - Sep 1 with 2664 viewsColDale

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:19 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

Agree about Cannon (we need Hill to say something silly after the game tomorrow as all this agreeing with each other is too uncomfortable). I think it's just a way of getting the best he can out of him, which I don't think he's managed yet. Main standers would often tell me how much stick Hill would give Chris O'Grady when he played for us - no one would ever claim that KH had it in for COG, but it was just what was needed with him. I'm speculating, but I reckon there's a real fear of complacency within Cannon's game and it's all a strategy to squeeze more out of him. But like I said, I'm not convinced its working and I've said off the board, that I'd have been quite happy for Cannon to go to somewhere like Accy on loan to get him in the habit of playing 90 mins week in week out. He's got that opportunity here now - there's no doubting his potential.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:44 - Sep 1 with 2612 viewsRotherhamDale

A midfield three of Cannon, Rathbone and Camps would be a match for anyone in this league. Energy and quality. But could Cannon and Rathbone be trusted to sit and defend? Doubt it.

Possession with progression.

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:49 - Sep 1 with 2572 viewsTalkingSutty

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:44 - Sep 1 by RotherhamDale

A midfield three of Cannon, Rathbone and Camps would be a match for anyone in this league. Energy and quality. But could Cannon and Rathbone be trusted to sit and defend? Doubt it.

We've got Keane also, a good reader of the game not withstanding his red cards. He can do a job at Centre Half but seems ideally suited as a holding midfielder.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 08:05 - Sep 1 with 2512 viewsStourdale

I can't see how this could be a bad deal for us. From the clubs point of view I think we will have squeezed everything we could out of Burton. The suggestion is the first bid came in several weeks ago but it took until last night for Burton to meet our requirements, I'm sure that the fact we would get some sort of fee, even if Jamie left at the end of his contract and the Scott Hogan money would have put us in a strong negotiating position.

Jamie has obviously been as professional as always, there had been no leaks about this or agent shinanigans that we are aware of. The player seems to have just got on with it rather than kicking up a fuss.

From the players point of view, he's seen both Lund and Mendez-Laing have good starts to the season and be thinking I can do that. He'll also be very aware that he's stagnated over the past season and the change in scenery, coaches etc might be what gets him going again.

I'm really happy for Jamie as he's been a great player for us and think he deserves his chance to show the Championship what he can do, personally think Championship football may suit him and he'll have a bigger impact than Lund in the Burton side.

The conveyor belt keeps on turning and I'm confident that a midfield involving Cannon, Camps, Rathbone, Morley and Adshead is more than adequate and will only get better over time. Just hope KH keeps Raff at RB
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 08:09 - Sep 1 with 2490 views1907

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:09 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

I know what you are saying but if we don't move players on ( maybe Allen was after a move) then how do we progress the young talented midfielders we already have at the Club?

I have no qualms with moving Allen on, I just find it mystifying that from what we've seen so far this season if we knew Allen was going, an experienced midfield enforcer should have been signed. Can't really remember an August as bad as the one just gone. White rabbit and all that.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 08:10 - Sep 1 with 2478 viewsKnowlesy

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 07:05 - Sep 1 by ColDale

Agree with much of what's been said on this thread, I was annoyed at first but out of all the midfielders at the club, Allen is the one that I'm least upset to lose. Yes he's a good player and he's a part of what we do but I've been saying all season that I'd love a midfield of Camps, Rathbone and Cannon to be the regular 3. It upsets me that Cannon doesn't play week in week out as he has the energy and quality to be really effective. I haven't made it to a game yet this season due to holidays but watching the extended highlights every time he got the ball he was looking to drive forward and make things happen, something that Jamie hasn't done for a while.

As others have said it also gives a few of the younger players at the club a step closer to the first team and let's not forget that a few hours before this, Keith signed what will probably be his short term replacement for Allen in Jordan Williams. Looks like Dale and Burton have been thrashing out a deal for a couple of weeks so Keith will have known that it was on the cards (Burton website mentions that talks have been ongoing for a while)
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 08:32 - Sep 1 with 2374 viewsTalkingSutty

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 08:09 - Sep 1 by 1907

I have no qualms with moving Allen on, I just find it mystifying that from what we've seen so far this season if we knew Allen was going, an experienced midfield enforcer should have been signed. Can't really remember an August as bad as the one just gone. White rabbit and all that.

The jury is still out on this Summers recruitment it's too early to judge them. Really happy about signing the Centre back yesterday, it's been a weakness since Lancashire was starting every week and Eastham was welded to the subs bench.

My biggest disappointment has been the negative vibes coming out of the Club pre-season from the manager, relating to the condition of quite a few of the players, consequently we are now blighted with injuries.You can understand the managers frustration. Other players are or have been ill so in a nutshell the start to this season has been a absolute shambles.

The trip to Tenerife needs looking at, we always seem to come back with 2 or 3 long term injuries. Hopefully things are starting to clear up off the field and we can start giving ourselves a chance.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 08:41 - Sep 1 with 2327 viewsisitme

I wonder if the signing of Williams, who appears a more defensive player is Hill attempting to bring some more solidity to the team. Playing a natural holding player will invariably help the likes of Camps, Cannon and Rathbone push on.

Agree with most about Jamie. He has been an excellent servant to the club and he has at least doubled his wages for the next three years, so fair play to him. Players sign for us on the cheap with the hope that they will get treated reasonably when it comes to earning their next more.It seems that this deal has been on the cards for a few weeks so hopefully the fee is not as derisory as some on here fear. £500,000 with add ons would be fair for a player in the last year of his contract, who has not really kicked on from the initial promise. I wish him well.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 08:45 - Sep 1 with 2310 viewsstigmundo77

Good Luck to Jamie a great servant to the club but am I not alone in thinking that he's not really impressed massively in recent years. If its anything near 4-500k its good business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024