Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony - Hit or Miss 14:30 - Sep 27 with 9141 viewsTaliesin

There seems to be a split in opinion about Wilfried's return. Will he get us the goals we crave? I'm afraid I don't think he will and I don't think Tammy will either and we'll be looking for a new striker in January to partner Ollie McBurnie

What's the least we can expect from Bony? I would have thought that any less than 1 goal in 3 = flop
Bony - Hit or Miss on 13:16 - Sep 28 with 1269 viewsE20Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 13:04 - Sep 28 by jack247

He won't hold his value if he bombs this season. We signed him at the peak of his playing career to date. Only way he will, is if transfer fees rocket again and even then he won't hold his relative value.

It's very early to be writing him off though. He's not a holding midfielder. Play Mesa there and let him challenge for Carroll or even Ayews place.

Hold what value though? He won't hold his £16m value if he bombs. But due to the factors mentioned and his previous good seasons he will undoubtedly hold a large proportion of that value. That is just a simple fact with British players (we sold Shelvey for roughly £12m when the market was fine and he was awful that year). We have all seen how good Clucas has been in his rise and was one of the standout players for Hull last year in the Premier league, so there will always be demand for him regardless of one seasons form, especially with thr positions he can play. It can be invaluable.

Although I have not seen any suggestion he will bomb. He may not live up to his £16m value, but then again I doubt Neymar will live up to his £220m value or whatever it was - it wont mean it has been a bad signing though. The market is ruined and you almost have to shift your expectancies attributed to value. I always chuckle when people say he is our record signing and shoukd be doing more, although true that he is our record signing - it has such little meaning, its like records began again this year. It doesnt mean he shoukd be the best signing in our history, it means he was signed in a time where prices went mental.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 13:18]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Bony - Hit or Miss on 13:32 - Sep 28 with 1249 viewsDarran

Bony - Hit or Miss on 13:03 - Sep 28 by E20Jack

He will be 27 by the time the transfer window closes. The same age as when we sold Gylfi for top whack.

Again, what is "a lot"? I cant envisage a way he would be sold for any less than £12m in this current climate and think there will always be interest in a player of his ability, English, that can play in a variety of positions with Prem experience. It is a standard price. Danny Drinkwater went for £40m to put the sheer mentalness of the market into perspective. £14m guaranteed payment really is not a lot of money these days.

So he won't be 26 like you said earlier then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bony - Hit or Miss on 17:06 - Sep 28 with 1202 viewsE20Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 13:32 - Sep 28 by Darran

So he won't be 26 like you said earlier then?

Blame this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Clucas

Makes no real difference though. 26 or 27 (even 28), its a great age for a footballer if wanting to sell.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024