Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaccine Plan B 10:17 - Oct 20 with 2315 viewsSaintNick

Calls for Plan B to be implemented, which seems to be about only letting people into events etc who have been double jabbed and a return to mandatory face coverings in certain places.

Doesn't seem to be too draconian based on what we are tackling, according to figures the latest swell in numbers catching covid is mainly due to the young who are innoculated catching it and passing it on

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Vaccine Plan B on 10:20 - Oct 20 with 1416 viewscocklebreath

BBC in full panic mode, they love it, no doubt SAGE will bring out some ridiculous over the top modelling in the next few days to aid the panic.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Vaccine Plan B on 10:49 - Oct 20 with 1373 viewsDorsetIan

The interesting thing for me is that the government has twice now been criticised for acting too slowly and therefore unnecessarily increasing hospitalisations and deaths.

But on neither occasion had they so publicly pinned their colours to the idea that all restrictions were at an end.

I think they may have painted themselves into a bit of a corner now. They really really really will not want to reimpose any mandatory restrictions at all, and - simply because it's winter now - the numbers are likely to keep rising.

If anything, they are going to delay even more than they did before, and maybe they will simply refuse to do anything more.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Vaccine Plan B on 11:02 - Oct 20 with 1358 viewssaints__fan__73

Could push Mental Matty Le Tiss over the edge.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Vaccine Plan B on 12:07 - Oct 20 with 1306 viewsgeezershoong1

It was only a matter of time, people liked a taste of freedom again but as usual we will be punished for the failures of our 'betters'.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Vaccine Plan B on 12:13 - Oct 20 with 1302 viewsSaintsforeverj

Vaccine passports at football grounds. So how will that work at St Mary's, when the queues are already horrendous at 2:45? Fans are struggling to get in by 3:10, without having to also check COVID status. They were hot on this at Chelsea, stewards asking to see COVID passports. People on the train on the way to the game, were emailing each other screen shots of fake COVID tests. I had to show mine at Chelsea and the stewards barely looked. No ID was requested because it would just take too long, and fans would not get in on time. You could easily get in, unvaccinated. The stewards are too busy to look closely enough to notice if they're fake. And you can still get COVID and pass it on, even if vaccinated, so plan B won't make any difference.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 12:18]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Vaccine Plan B on 12:30 - Oct 20 with 1263 viewssaints__fan__73

Vaccine Plan B on 12:07 - Oct 20 by geezershoong1

It was only a matter of time, people liked a taste of freedom again but as usual we will be punished for the failures of our 'betters'.

Failure of morons to wear masks in confined indoor spaces too tbf.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Vaccine Plan B on 12:53 - Oct 20 with 1236 viewsDorsetIan

Vaccine Plan B on 12:13 - Oct 20 by Saintsforeverj

Vaccine passports at football grounds. So how will that work at St Mary's, when the queues are already horrendous at 2:45? Fans are struggling to get in by 3:10, without having to also check COVID status. They were hot on this at Chelsea, stewards asking to see COVID passports. People on the train on the way to the game, were emailing each other screen shots of fake COVID tests. I had to show mine at Chelsea and the stewards barely looked. No ID was requested because it would just take too long, and fans would not get in on time. You could easily get in, unvaccinated. The stewards are too busy to look closely enough to notice if they're fake. And you can still get COVID and pass it on, even if vaccinated, so plan B won't make any difference.

Weren't we told before the Man U game that we would also have to have a vaccine cert or lat flow test to hand.

But then it was confirmed that the first three games we wouldn't need to do anything.

Leeds was the 4th home game, so it looks like the idea was quietly dropped. Probably once they realised how slow the new entry gates were.

Vaccine Plan B on 13:08 - Oct 20 with 1216 viewsSaintsforeverj

Vaccine Plan B on 12:53 - Oct 20 by DorsetIan

Weren't we told before the Man U game that we would also have to have a vaccine cert or lat flow test to hand.

But then it was confirmed that the first three games we wouldn't need to do anything.

Leeds was the 4th home game, so it looks like the idea was quietly dropped. Probably once they realised how slow the new entry gates were.

That's right. We were told there were would be random spot checks before the Man U game. It's just too busy, too many fans trying to get in at the same time and as you say, the new entry gates are so slow. And this manual checking by stewards, isn't checking at all. I have heard of loads of people going to games getting fake COVID passes. You can't tell whether it's fake or not on the screen of a phone. But if it becomes law, the club will have to enact the law: wait for utter chaos. But it just won't work. Even the Leeds home game last season with 8000 fans, people had designated times to arrive. It was an evening game, people arrived late anyway and they just had to let them all in as kick off time neared.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 13:13]

Login to get fewer ads

Vaccine Plan B on 13:15 - Oct 20 with 1193 viewssaintwizzler

Vaccine Plan B on 12:13 - Oct 20 by Saintsforeverj

Easy way around that. Get there earlier!!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Vaccine Plan B on 13:24 - Oct 20 with 1179 viewsSaintsforeverj

Vaccine Plan B on 13:15 - Oct 20 by saintwizzler

It was an evening game. Only easy if you are unemployed or retired. Some people can't get there at designated times.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 13:26]

Vaccine Plan B on 13:55 - Oct 20 with 1137 viewsgeezershoong1

Vaccine Plan B on 12:30 - Oct 20 by saints__fan__73

Failure of morons to wear masks in confined indoor spaces too tbf.

... and you've fallen for it.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Vaccine Plan B on 14:27 - Oct 20 with 1112 viewsDorsetIan

Vaccine Plan B on 13:15 - Oct 20 by saintwizzler

Think we're all going to have to get there earlier. I arrived at 2.45 saturday and had to queue for about 10 minutes, just about making kick off.

It's fine, I am usually there earlier than that anyway, but it's pretty disappointing that the new barriers are slower than the old ones.

Vaccine Plan B on 14:57 - Oct 20 with 1091 viewsSaintsforeverj

Vaccine Plan B on 14:27 - Oct 20 by DorsetIan

Think we're all going to have to get there earlier. I arrived at 2.45 saturday and had to queue for about 10 minutes, just about making kick off.

It's fine, I am usually there earlier than that anyway, but it's pretty disappointing that the new barriers are slower than the old ones.

Ha, that's the thing. Saints invested in a new system that's much worse than the system they had before! I arrived about 2:30, to get in the Kingsland, was told I couldn't walk through the Northam car park, so walked all the way round, only to find a complete blockage of people in the chapel car park as the whole ground was directed there, where people were queuing for the shop, queuing to get in the chapel, queuing to get in the fan zone, so I'm disappointed too that it's so much more difficult to enter the ground than it was before

Vaccine Plan B on 15:06 - Oct 20 with 1071 viewsPoirot

The situation really isnt good and parts of hampshire are way above the national average in cases. Certainly nobody with common sense should have stopped wearing masks on transport and inside shopping areas. The school i do some work for a week or so back had 140 cases in two days.

People need to mitigate the risk themselves via wearing masks and washing hands or using alchol sanitizer often.
Vaccine Plan B on 15:44 - Oct 20 with 1044 viewssaintwizzler

Vaccine Plan B on 13:24 - Oct 20 by Saintsforeverj

It was an evening game. Only easy if you are unemployed or retired. Some people can't get there at designated times.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 13:26]

It was more of an answer to the 15:00 Saturday games.
Understandable when it’s a midweek game.

We’ve all seen what it’s like getting in St Mary’s at 14:45 so probably better off getting there at 14:30 instead.

If you can of course.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Vaccine Plan B on 17:13 - Oct 20 with 995 viewscocklebreath

Vaccine Plan B on 15:06 - Oct 20 by Poirot

The situation really isnt good and parts of hampshire are way above the national average in cases. Certainly nobody with common sense should have stopped wearing masks on transport and inside shopping areas. The school i do some work for a week or so back had 140 cases in two days.

People need to mitigate the risk themselves via wearing masks and washing hands or using alchol sanitizer often.

I stopped wearing masks ages ago, once I was double vaccinated. I’m hoping Boris holds his nerve in the face of Sage scientists who want lockdowns etc, they don’t live in the real world

Vaccine Plan B on 17:21 - Oct 20 with 987 viewsSaintsforeverj

Vaccine Plan B on 17:13 - Oct 20 by cocklebreath

I stopped wearing masks ages ago, once I was double vaccinated. I’m hoping Boris holds his nerve in the face of Sage scientists who want lockdowns etc, they don’t live in the real world

Agreed. We can't lockdown any more. We have to learn to live with it. The virus will surge again next winter and the winter after that. We can't have everybody losing their jobs and livelihoods by locking down every winter. Just got to live with it now and protect ourselves as much as possible with jabs etc.

Vaccine Plan B on 18:38 - Oct 20 with 928 viewsdwayne_dibley

Vaccine Plan B on 17:21 - Oct 20 by Saintsforeverj

Agreed. We can't lockdown any more. We have to learn to live with it. The virus will surge again next winter and the winter after that. We can't have everybody losing their jobs and livelihoods by locking down every winter. Just got to live with it now and protect ourselves as much as possible with jabs etc.

or die with it

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Vaccine Plan B on 19:00 - Oct 20 with 903 viewsMessysaints

i liked lockdown.. less traffic, quicker in and out at shopping as you get no annoying people gathering in the middle of isles having a good chat blocking them so people cant get past, can even make em move if they do gather by coughing..its great
Vaccine Plan B on 19:26 - Oct 20 with 874 viewscocklebreath

Vaccine Plan B on 19:00 - Oct 20 by Messysaints

i liked lockdown.. less traffic, quicker in and out at shopping as you get no annoying people gathering in the middle of isles having a good chat blocking them so people cant get past, can even make em move if they do gather by coughing..its great

So you prefer lockdown due to less traffic and no annoying people chatting in the aisles? You must lead an exciting life

Vaccine Plan B on 19:53 - Oct 20 with 851 viewsMessysaints

Vaccine Plan B on 19:26 - Oct 20 by cocklebreath

So you prefer lockdown due to less traffic and no annoying people chatting in the aisles? You must lead an exciting life

since when was sitting in traffic having an exciting life?

and please help me understand how standing in the middle of an aisle having a convo is far more exciting than standing to the side of the same aisle so people can get past less exciting?
Vaccine Plan B on 19:57 - Oct 20 with 845 viewsMessysaints

Vaccine Plan B on 19:26 - Oct 20 by cocklebreath

your one of those activists that keeps blocking roads arnt you... thats why you think its fun to sit in traffic.. got ya...
Vaccine Plan B on 22:13 - Oct 20 with 766 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

What don't people understand, it is not a 'lockdown'? It's asking people to wear masks indoors, get vaccinated (and show a passport) and work from home if you can.

It's actually entirely sensible. 2 years ago, half my old company were phoning in with "flu" (they didn't have flu, just a cold) and we lost many many man days/weeks due to this. Last year, no one was ill at all and this year much the same.

The health practices must remain. I go in the office twice a week now, I sanitise, stay at arms length and don't share anything. If I'm in a shop or petrol station etc., I throw a mask on, it's not difficult. Most normal people I know are the same and there is far less perceived illness.

Plan B, fine by me. I'll work from home again rather than my 1 or 2 days a week in the office, no big deal.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Vaccine Plan B on 22:27 - Oct 20 with 756 viewsSaintsforeverj

Vaccine Plan B on 22:13 - Oct 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

What don't people understand, it is not a 'lockdown'? It's asking people to wear masks indoors, get vaccinated (and show a passport) and work from home if you can.

It's actually entirely sensible. 2 years ago, half my old company were phoning in with "flu" (they didn't have flu, just a cold) and we lost many many man days/weeks due to this. Last year, no one was ill at all and this year much the same.

The health practices must remain. I go in the office twice a week now, I sanitise, stay at arms length and don't share anything. If I'm in a shop or petrol station etc., I throw a mask on, it's not difficult. Most normal people I know are the same and there is far less perceived illness.

Plan B, fine by me. I'll work from home again rather than my 1 or 2 days a week in the office, no big deal.

Yep, for many people it's not so much of a problem. But if you work in a school or hospital, you can't easily work from home and this is where many infections occur. Young people and school kids are getting infected and passing it on like wildfire. It's not an issue wearing a mask for a quick stop in the shop. But not convinced they make too much difference. The Saints official coaches insist you wear them but people still take them off to eat and drink. Same in a restaurant. If someone had the virus, they would still spread it when they take it off to eat.

The big thing for me, are the 5 million people in this country who still haven't been vaccinated at all. And surely, why can't people just stay at home if they feel ill, everyone keep their distance and the rest. I'm not sure that plan B would make too much difference, if we still have 5 million unvaccinated, the schools are still open, pubs and restaurants are still open (you can't wear a mask in these places if you are eating and drinking) and many people continue to be irresponsible. The point being that only a full lockdown would seriously bring down infection rates but we can't do that. It's what was needed last Christmas, even though many restrictions were already in place: they weren't enough so we had to have a full lockdown.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 22:31]

Vaccine Plan B on 22:44 - Oct 20 with 732 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Vaccine Plan B on 22:27 - Oct 20 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, for many people it's not so much of a problem. But if you work in a school or hospital, you can't easily work from home and this is where many infections occur. Young people and school kids are getting infected and passing it on like wildfire. It's not an issue wearing a mask for a quick stop in the shop. But not convinced they make too much difference. The Saints official coaches insist you wear them but people still take them off to eat and drink. Same in a restaurant. If someone had the virus, they would still spread it when they take it off to eat.

The big thing for me, are the 5 million people in this country who still haven't been vaccinated at all. And surely, why can't people just stay at home if they feel ill, everyone keep their distance and the rest. I'm not sure that plan B would make too much difference, if we still have 5 million unvaccinated, the schools are still open, pubs and restaurants are still open (you can't wear a mask in these places if you are eating and drinking) and many people continue to be irresponsible. The point being that only a full lockdown would seriously bring down infection rates but we can't do that. It's what was needed last Christmas, even though many restrictions were already in place: they weren't enough so we had to have a full lockdown.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 22:31]

My wife is a teacher and my son is at school - it's not been an issue for us. The schools round here are handling it well and I know about 2 people who have tested positive.

I think it's got more to do with the dirty and unvaccinated. My wife and I test 2 times a week to be sure we're clean going to work and both her school and my work enforce testing.

Masks, work from home more if you can, test, sanitise, don't get too close, it's not hard. If the government need a 'plan B' to make dinlos realise that, then fine.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024