Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales 22:21 - Mar 2 with 4907 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

'Ukraine is not a real country he says. It does not have a right to exist....we in Wales are familiar with these arguments’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukraine-putin-wales-hywel-william

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 12:39 - Mar 3 with 1052 viewsCatullus

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 12:28 - Mar 3 by trampie

One of them has family in Ukraine.

The right wing are doing a propaganda job on people they think are on the left.:-

She talks about misleading, reports and press comments, look at Hywel Williams backing Ukraine and being attacked, look at Corbyn, that Labour guy with the Ukrainian name, Adam Price, people on the left, Labour left, Plaid are getting attacked for supporting Ukraine, it's right wing propaganda.

Good grief tramps, millions of Ukrainians have left the country, there have been queues at the border for days. It's quite possible Antoniw's relatives had left the country before he got there.

It was a blatantly silly idea and against Government advice, it wasn't sanctioned by the Senedd either.

Extremists of all political persuasions will always take any opportunity to attack the other end of the spectrum.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 12:47 - Mar 3 with 1033 viewsonehunglow

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 10:36 - Mar 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

Here's an intelligent mature response to complete idiots trying conflate unrelated matters.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/coveney-rejects-lavrov-example-after-he

I guess you are with Lavrov on this one.

You have explained it to him.Trampie will not see sense

He knows he is wrong but hasnt the guts to admit it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 13:11 - Mar 3 with 994 viewstrampie

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 12:39 - Mar 3 by Catullus

Good grief tramps, millions of Ukrainians have left the country, there have been queues at the border for days. It's quite possible Antoniw's relatives had left the country before he got there.

It was a blatantly silly idea and against Government advice, it wasn't sanctioned by the Senedd either.

Extremists of all political persuasions will always take any opportunity to attack the other end of the spectrum.

It's a dangerous path, dissing good people for political gain and that is what we are seeing, it used to be Tories and Labour dissing SNP and Plaid, now it's Tories and red Tories within Labour dissing SNP, Plaid and Labour left (traditional Labour).

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 13:18 - Mar 3 with 999 viewsraynor94

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 12:39 - Mar 3 by Catullus

Tramps is just a troll, every thread he starts is to goad people.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 13:23 - Mar 3 with 989 viewsonehunglow

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 13:18 - Mar 3 by raynor94

It might be the case he is not though.
Ok I'll admit to some classic wind ups but there are parameters and Ukraine /Wales is well outside basic decency

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 13:24 - Mar 3 with 983 viewstrampie

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 13:18 - Mar 3 by raynor94

Oh no I don't troll (whatever that is), I'm no sheep, think out side the box, lts nice to understand both sides of the argument, typically we are presented with one side of the argument by the elite in this country that run the show.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 14:22 - Mar 3 with 965 viewsraynor94

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 13:24 - Mar 3 by trampie

Oh no I don't troll (whatever that is), I'm no sheep, think out side the box, lts nice to understand both sides of the argument, typically we are presented with one side of the argument by the elite in this country that run the show.

And the Russian media?

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 14:26 - Mar 3 with 953 viewstrampie

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 14:22 - Mar 3 by raynor94

And the Russian media?

The elites all round the World do the same, it's just not us in Blighty told what to think.

Login to get fewer ads

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 14:33 - Mar 3 with 958 viewsraynor94

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 14:26 - Mar 3 by trampie

The elites all round the World do the same, it's just not us in Blighty told what to think.

What a load of old pony, not surprised by your reply, I'm out your trolling is pathetic.

Take a break again

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 14:37 - Mar 3 with 946 viewstrampie

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 14:33 - Mar 3 by raynor94

What a load of old pony, not surprised by your reply, I'm out your trolling is pathetic.

Take a break again

Must be nice to be in your bubble.

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 17:43 - Mar 3 with 925 viewsonehunglow

Trampie.
If you are winding up,then fair enough.
You need to stop,take a look at what you actually see and pray you can save your pitiful soul because it really is in burning hell .

I ll be over next week again to Liverpool with a collection in our street .Any messages for the Ukrainians there sorting out donations .

Should I suggest that being Welsh,I know what they are going through as my country has been treated as theirs has . Well should I.

Should I tell em the English are just as bad, the same English scum that are donating in incredible fashion ,,as are Welsh and Scots

You are rock bottom,son.

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 17:51 - Mar 3 with 918 viewsTreforys_Jack

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 10:19 - Mar 3 by trampie

Try telling that to someone from the middle ages, fight for independence, history didn't just happen in your lifetime you know.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 10:28]

The middle ages , bloody hell tramps, you're reaching a bit now, why stop there, how about the pesky Romans or Caledonia.
Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 17:57 - Mar 3 with 901 viewstrampie

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 17:43 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

Trampie.
If you are winding up,then fair enough.
You need to stop,take a look at what you actually see and pray you can save your pitiful soul because it really is in burning hell .

I ll be over next week again to Liverpool with a collection in our street .Any messages for the Ukrainians there sorting out donations .

Should I suggest that being Welsh,I know what they are going through as my country has been treated as theirs has . Well should I.

Should I tell em the English are just as bad, the same English scum that are donating in incredible fashion ,,as are Welsh and Scots

You are rock bottom,son.

I've already donated to the Ukrainian cause, I remember Oleg Blokhin.

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 18:01 - Mar 3 with 901 viewsLohengrin

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 17:51 - Mar 3 by Treforys_Jack

The middle ages , bloody hell tramps, you're reaching a bit now, why stop there, how about the pesky Romans or Caledonia.

Now then...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 18:20 - Mar 3 with 883 viewsmajorraglan

If you turn the clock back 800 to 1,000 years ago, it’s possible the treatment Wales received then was potentially the Norman/medieval equivalent to what’s happening in the Ukraine today. It’s also true that during the last few centuries steps were taken in schools etc to prevent the se f the welsh language, more recently we saw certain MP’s voting against the creation of the Senedd despite it being what the electorate voted for. That said, whatever Alwyn Williams intentions, I believe he was wrong to make the comparison previous events in Wales some of which are extremely historic and what’s happening in the Ukraine now. We are all British, while the English, Norther Irish (well most of them) Welsh and Scottish have sporting rivalries and minor disagreements, during times of adversity and when the brown stuff is hitting the fan we all stand together, shoulder to shoulder in support of Britain.

In terms of Mick Antoniw and Adam Price, the former spoke on Radio Wales this week and gave an insight in to what was happening, the impact it was having on Ukrainians including members of his family and what he was subsequently doing to support the Ukraine, I found his account very moving. My personal thoughts are that their trip was foolish, however I can understand where Antoniw was coming from, but not Adam Price. His seat on the plane out of the Ukraine could have been given to a refugee.
Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 18:30 - Mar 3 with 867 viewsonehunglow

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 18:20 - Mar 3 by majorraglan

If you turn the clock back 800 to 1,000 years ago, it’s possible the treatment Wales received then was potentially the Norman/medieval equivalent to what’s happening in the Ukraine today. It’s also true that during the last few centuries steps were taken in schools etc to prevent the se f the welsh language, more recently we saw certain MP’s voting against the creation of the Senedd despite it being what the electorate voted for. That said, whatever Alwyn Williams intentions, I believe he was wrong to make the comparison previous events in Wales some of which are extremely historic and what’s happening in the Ukraine now. We are all British, while the English, Norther Irish (well most of them) Welsh and Scottish have sporting rivalries and minor disagreements, during times of adversity and when the brown stuff is hitting the fan we all stand together, shoulder to shoulder in support of Britain.

In terms of Mick Antoniw and Adam Price, the former spoke on Radio Wales this week and gave an insight in to what was happening, the impact it was having on Ukrainians including members of his family and what he was subsequently doing to support the Ukraine, I found his account very moving. My personal thoughts are that their trip was foolish, however I can understand where Antoniw was coming from, but not Adam Price. His seat on the plane out of the Ukraine could have been given to a refugee.

Maybe Wales should look forward and not stuck in bitter memories many centuries back.
Otherwise, we d be like the Irish .

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 18:36 - Mar 3 with 854 viewsmajorraglan

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 18:30 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

Maybe Wales should look forward and not stuck in bitter memories many centuries back.

Not arguing with you on that, look to the future and learn from the past.
Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 18:42 - Mar 3 with 846 viewsraynor94

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 18:20 - Mar 3 by majorraglan

The vote for an assembly scraped in it was almost 50/50. You reap what you sow

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 19:08 - Mar 3 with 811 viewstrampie

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 18:30 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

Like the Scoucers you mean, listen, listen to every word, hatred in his voice, Scoucers want to be Celts, they clearly don't like the English and count themselves as English, it goes back hundreds of years the man says, hundreds of years.

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 19:11 - Mar 3 with 803 viewsmax936

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 09:40 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

Wales is not a sovereign country
It is not on the flag of the United Kingdom -OUR -country,the country of your passport ,apart from Eire that is.
Wales was incorporated into England by the Act of Union;it's why it doesn't feature of the UK flag. For many/most outside Wales it is not a proper country.Fact.

Ukraine is.

It is that simple.

Its a Proper Country to me and many others who live in this green and pleasant, Mumbles and Gower got far far to many English infidels though, they came across on the Ilfracombe Ferry yrs ago and missed the return journey, as life was so great here.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 20:16 - Mar 3 with 762 viewsonehunglow

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 19:11 - Mar 3 by max936

Its a Proper Country to me and many others who live in this green and pleasant, Mumbles and Gower got far far to many English infidels though, they came across on the Ilfracombe Ferry yrs ago and missed the return journey, as life was so great here.

It is indeed a proper land as are all the four members of the Union.

This topic was about Ukraine vis a vis Wales

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 20:24 - Mar 3 with 762 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 19:11 - Mar 3 by max936

Trouble is we sat and watched rather than torpedo the Bristol Queen, I for one campaigned long and hard for a Welsh U Boat.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 08:28 - Mar 4 with 702 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Meanwhile, in Scotland...

Ukraine was discussed in First Minister's Questions in the Scottish parliament this lunchtime.

Nicola Sturgeon told the Holyrood chamber that there was a “moral, humanitarian obligation” to help those fleeing the war, adding that she wanted to “appeal directly to the prime minister to follow the example of the European Union and allow anyone fleeing the horror of Ukraine entry to the UK if they wish and deal with the paperwork later”.

She said that her government was also writing to Scottish businesses encouraging them to review and sever links with Russia.

...these are the fecking idiots whose policy is to do away with nuclear weapons.
Our nuclear weapons are literally the only thing stopping Putin from bombing us for supporting Ukraine.

It's high time people woke up and grew up...get rid of these idiots next time you vote.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 17:48 - Mar 4 with 649 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 09:40 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

Wales is not a sovereign country
It is not on the flag of the United Kingdom -OUR -country,the country of your passport ,apart from Eire that is.
Wales was incorporated into England by the Act of Union;it's why it doesn't feature of the UK flag. For many/most outside Wales it is not a proper country.Fact.

Ukraine is.

It is that simple.

Wales historically at most was a motley crew of petty kingdoms who spent most of the time beating the shit out of each other. It was only united as a single state for around 7 years in the late 11th century. The gavelkind succession that was common amongst Celtic kingdoms meant that upon death territory was divided up which led to more smaller, weaker kingdoms that carried on fighting, whereas the Normans and other later English dynasties used primogeniture succession which meant the kingdom generally stayed intact upon death which preserved their power.

This is largely why England could stay large and strong whilst wales was constantly being divided into smaller, weaker kingdoms bickering amongst themselves.
Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 18:07 - Mar 4 with 641 viewsonehunglow

Plaid MP compares Putin’s claim on Ukraine to England’s treatment of Wales on 17:48 - Mar 4 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Wales historically at most was a motley crew of petty kingdoms who spent most of the time beating the shit out of each other. It was only united as a single state for around 7 years in the late 11th century. The gavelkind succession that was common amongst Celtic kingdoms meant that upon death territory was divided up which led to more smaller, weaker kingdoms that carried on fighting, whereas the Normans and other later English dynasties used primogeniture succession which meant the kingdom generally stayed intact upon death which preserved their power.

This is largely why England could stay large and strong whilst wales was constantly being divided into smaller, weaker kingdoms bickering amongst themselves.

It might also show what a tribal lot we are.
East West North South

English -Welsh.

We needed uniting

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024