Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Welsh clean air bill 18:10 - Mar 21 with 6451 viewsFlashberryjack

THE Welsh Government could push ahead with tolls on roads like the M4 in Newport, as part of its latest action against climate change.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New Welsh clean air bill on 18:36 - Mar 28 with 614 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:10 - Mar 28 by controversial_jack

Yes, my apologies. I have copied and pasted this as it's much easier and i'm a lazy sod anyway.

trace gases are 0.1% of the atmosphere, and carbon dioxide makes up 3-4% of these trace gases, so therefore CO2 is 3-4% of 0.1%. For simplicity’s sake, let’s call it 3%, so CO2 comprises 0.003% of the atmosphere.

how much of this is caused by human activity? The IPCC has conflicting sets of data here, but both are within a small range of each other, either 3.0% (using the 2007 figures) or 3.6% (using the 2001 figures)
Manmade CO2: 3% of 3% of 0.1%
So here’s the bottom line. According to the IPCC’s own data, man-made CO2 output levels are 3% of 3% of 0.1% of the total Earth’s atmosphere. That’s 0.000009%! That’s 9 millionths.

CO2 is measured in ppm (parts per million) because it is such a tiny and insignificant gas, yet somehow, the propaganda has been so successful that is has sprouted into what some state is a US$1.5 trillion industry.

It can be found on here, and yes, I know it's a blog site, but it's interesting

https://shiftfrequency.com/man-made-co2-3-of-3-of-0-1/

Yes that link has an interesting explanation.
New Welsh clean air bill on 18:59 - Mar 28 with 593 viewsmax936

New Welsh clean air bill on 11:31 - Mar 25 by Scotia

Very little really.

Perhaps try to reduce your individual impact but the UK is going far further than pretty much any other country already.

And most of the reason for that is so they can fleece the tax payer for even more money and continue to give less back, there's a 5 letter word that perfectly describes them.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New Welsh clean air bill on 19:00 - Mar 28 with 592 viewsScotia

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:10 - Mar 28 by controversial_jack

Yes, my apologies. I have copied and pasted this as it's much easier and i'm a lazy sod anyway.

trace gases are 0.1% of the atmosphere, and carbon dioxide makes up 3-4% of these trace gases, so therefore CO2 is 3-4% of 0.1%. For simplicity’s sake, let’s call it 3%, so CO2 comprises 0.003% of the atmosphere.

how much of this is caused by human activity? The IPCC has conflicting sets of data here, but both are within a small range of each other, either 3.0% (using the 2007 figures) or 3.6% (using the 2001 figures)
Manmade CO2: 3% of 3% of 0.1%
So here’s the bottom line. According to the IPCC’s own data, man-made CO2 output levels are 3% of 3% of 0.1% of the total Earth’s atmosphere. That’s 0.000009%! That’s 9 millionths.

CO2 is measured in ppm (parts per million) because it is such a tiny and insignificant gas, yet somehow, the propaganda has been so successful that is has sprouted into what some state is a US$1.5 trillion industry.

It can be found on here, and yes, I know it's a blog site, but it's interesting

https://shiftfrequency.com/man-made-co2-3-of-3-of-0-1/

Isn't it worrying that such a tiny quantity of gas can have such an impact on the climate?

A blog mentioning water vapour as causing climate change. Excellent. It does, or at least the greenhouse effect.

Of course you'd make much more sense if you pulled your head out of the condensed atmospheric water vapour.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 19:07]
New Welsh clean air bill on 19:20 - Mar 28 with 582 viewscontroversial_jack

New Welsh clean air bill on 19:00 - Mar 28 by Scotia

Isn't it worrying that such a tiny quantity of gas can have such an impact on the climate?

A blog mentioning water vapour as causing climate change. Excellent. It does, or at least the greenhouse effect.

Of course you'd make much more sense if you pulled your head out of the condensed atmospheric water vapour.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 19:07]

That's the point. The small amount of gas isn't having an effect. It can't it would be spread too thinly to have any affect at all
New Welsh clean air bill on 20:17 - Mar 28 with 558 viewsScotia

New Welsh clean air bill on 19:20 - Mar 28 by controversial_jack

That's the point. The small amount of gas isn't having an effect. It can't it would be spread too thinly to have any affect at all

It can and it does. Plus of course we're destroying the natural systems that absorb carbon dioxide, that's before you consider methane and nitrous oxide.

This isn't a climate change thread and the clean air bill is only partially linked to climate change. it's more about human health.
New Welsh clean air bill on 20:28 - Mar 28 with 554 viewsSullutaCreturned

New Welsh clean air bill on 20:17 - Mar 28 by Scotia

It can and it does. Plus of course we're destroying the natural systems that absorb carbon dioxide, that's before you consider methane and nitrous oxide.

This isn't a climate change thread and the clean air bill is only partially linked to climate change. it's more about human health.

Human health? if it was about that they'd close down Port talbot and invest a lot more money in the Welsh NHS, people are dying whilst waiting for treatment. Cancer patients are waiting ages. People dread a cancer diagnosis enough when help is very quick, under the Senedd it takes a lot of time.

It's smoke and mirrors. Ask Lee Waters if his 12000 miles in his car for work is to help the clean air bill? All on expenses of course.
New Welsh clean air bill on 22:27 - Mar 28 with 519 viewsScotia

New Welsh clean air bill on 20:28 - Mar 28 by SullutaCreturned

Human health? if it was about that they'd close down Port talbot and invest a lot more money in the Welsh NHS, people are dying whilst waiting for treatment. Cancer patients are waiting ages. People dread a cancer diagnosis enough when help is very quick, under the Senedd it takes a lot of time.

It's smoke and mirrors. Ask Lee Waters if his 12000 miles in his car for work is to help the clean air bill? All on expenses of course.

I agree to a large extent. That £155 million the Welsh Government had no need for could have gone a long way to improving the NHS. Or indeed help fund the replacement of the Port Talbot blast furnaces with electric equivalents that was planned last year ( Westminster to blame for that not happening).

Drakeford clearly doesn't like car's for whatever reason, his assistant Climate change minister does.

Here is the actual bill.

https://senedd.wales/media/gbhlcgfn/pri-ld15738-em-e.pdf

What I completely disagree with is targeting charges for vehicle use at trunk roads, not many people live near trunk roads really, it's just more stupid legislation.

I understand congestion zone charges in cities, but this is pointless really. I wonder why a congestion zone hasn't been introduced in the centre of Cardiff where it may actually be useful?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 22:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024