Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand Out 17:58 - Apr 7 with 13400 viewsessextaxiboy

The common denominator , Managers, Contracts, Coaching , Scouting , Recruitment , everything to do with actual football is a car crash .
As a DOF he has been a disaster yet when he spoke to Clive didn’t concede any errors at all .
Sack him tonight , he has thrown enough people under the bus now ..
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 19:34]
Ferdinand Out on 09:47 - Apr 8 with 2041 viewsJamesB1979

Ferdinand Out on 09:25 - Apr 8 by TK1

Disagree. Sacking them now would be the popular move so it will definitely happen but I imagine the pair will leave of their own accord anyway. Then QPR will be back to square one, with Ainsworth buying a load of his players in the summer. You don't have to be be psychic to see it coming. It's obvious.
The idea that the board have been hands-off with football decisions since appointing LF is clearly untrue: see the appointment of McClaren, for example, or the signing of Austin the second time. I doubt very much the appointment of Ainsworth had anything to do with Les, either, and everyone was very keen to take credit for Mick Beale last summer - we had long interviews on the official site stressing the group responsibility for this genius appointment, the meticulous grooming of him. Now, let's let Les take all the flak for the season they all wanted credit for. It's typical and what they pay him for. Any decent DOF watching will be noting how they treat loyal appointments - Warnock, Holloway, Warburton, even evil Les - and thinking twice...

So which square number are we at now if we go back to square 1 if we sack them? We are in a shocking state on and off the field at the moment. If Ainsworth is allowed to buy his players, how on earth is that different to the last few managers? They’ve all been allowed to sign their players. That’s been the problem this season after Beale left.

You can point to the odd example, Austin coming back but you don’t know that Ainsworth is a board choice, that’s pure speculation. Les and Hoos have said many times about how decisions are made. I doubt the owners have heard of any of our recent managers and players signed before. It’s not like when we were in the Prem.

Also, look at rest of our issues. With injuries we haven’t got a single player from youth who can step up for a period of time in 1st team. Whose fault is that? Are the owners doing the coaching now?

Facts are we lost £25m in cash in last financial year. Without owners we would be bankrupt and finished. They have made some poor decisions but at this time we need them more than ever.
Ferdinand Out on 09:51 - Apr 8 with 2011 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ferdinand Out on 09:47 - Apr 8 by JamesB1979

So which square number are we at now if we go back to square 1 if we sack them? We are in a shocking state on and off the field at the moment. If Ainsworth is allowed to buy his players, how on earth is that different to the last few managers? They’ve all been allowed to sign their players. That’s been the problem this season after Beale left.

You can point to the odd example, Austin coming back but you don’t know that Ainsworth is a board choice, that’s pure speculation. Les and Hoos have said many times about how decisions are made. I doubt the owners have heard of any of our recent managers and players signed before. It’s not like when we were in the Prem.

Also, look at rest of our issues. With injuries we haven’t got a single player from youth who can step up for a period of time in 1st team. Whose fault is that? Are the owners doing the coaching now?

Facts are we lost £25m in cash in last financial year. Without owners we would be bankrupt and finished. They have made some poor decisions but at this time we need them more than ever.

Every point in your post is down to the incompetence of the owners. Nobody else. It’s on them. They own the club. They make the hires to run the club. They’ve done an abysmal job over 11+ years taking us from a newly promoted PL club to teetering on the brink of relegation to L1. They aren’t our benefactors, they are our curse. Open your eyes FFS.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 9:52]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ferdinand Out on 09:53 - Apr 8 with 1993 viewsgazza1

Ferdinand Out on 09:46 - Apr 8 by Northolt_Rs

We are where we are now because of more than 11 years of gross incompetence by these owners. They’ve destroyed the club.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 9:47]

Yea, its all the owners fault, nothing to do with the playing side on & off the pitch. More stupidity!!!
Ferdinand Out on 09:55 - Apr 8 with 1993 viewsHooping_Mad

Ferdinand Out on 09:53 - Apr 8 by gazza1

Yea, its all the owners fault, nothing to do with the playing side on & off the pitch. More stupidity!!!

You can lead the horse to water...

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Ferdinand Out on 09:59 - Apr 8 with 1951 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ferdinand Out on 09:53 - Apr 8 by gazza1

Of course it’s the playing side…..which is presided over by people the owners hired. How can the owners be blameless in your eyes? They stump up £x million a month BECAUSE of their gross incompetence running a football club. They didn’t inherit that debt when they took over. This is on them. 100%

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ferdinand Out on 10:08 - Apr 8 with 1890 viewspaulparker

Ferdinand Out on 09:18 - Apr 8 by gazza1

How do you put the problems at the club down to the Tune Group.......they keep us afloat, they are too remote to actually get things working on the pitch, they may get to meet the potential new manager, they will not be involved with the technicalities of a footballer, they will just help out financially!!!!!

And who got us in this mess financially in the first place ? Oh yes that’s the blameless tune group
Who appointment duds like Beard, Rigg, Hughes, Mclaren, Redknapp, who’s ear was bent by Kia
Oh yeah the poor innocent tune group
Who has overseen a premier league football club and seen them nosedive to league one with crippling debts
Oh hang on could it be those good men at the tune group
You can sit there and blame Les but he wasn’t equipped to be a DOF , he was cutting the oranges at spurs and putting out the cones , he isn’t and never will be a competent DOF and whose fault is it , yes the tune group
When the going gets tough they real out a fans favourite, Les, Olly, Warnock and now Ainsworth and they leave them out to dry

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ferdinand Out on 10:12 - Apr 8 with 1879 viewsJamesB1979

Ferdinand Out on 09:51 - Apr 8 by Northolt_Rs

Every point in your post is down to the incompetence of the owners. Nobody else. It’s on them. They own the club. They make the hires to run the club. They’ve done an abysmal job over 11+ years taking us from a newly promoted PL club to teetering on the brink of relegation to L1. They aren’t our benefactors, they are our curse. Open your eyes FFS.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 9:52]

How is it the owners fault that the coaching can’t produce any good players? They were pretty much told to step back and hire some football people. They did that and I’d say things have got even worse. Les and Hoos were reasonably popular until this season. I also think they would rather not sack a qpr legend. The owners have paid for the strategy of Les and Hoos. It’s cost them millions and it hasn’t worked. But the ones to go should be the 2 that developed the strategy.

However, I’m not going to change your mind on this and you’ll never change mine either. We lose the owners, I think we’ll be bankrupt before year is out.
Ferdinand Out on 10:33 - Apr 8 with 1785 viewsDejR_vu

It’s not that difficult to understand, is it?

What the players are producing is absolutely crap. That’s on them.

We have a League One manager playing hoofball, making the crap performances even worse. That’s on him.

We have an academy set up producing next to nothing. That’s on Ramsay.

Who oversees the lot? Ferdinand. So the whole pathetic mess is on him.

Who appointed Ferdinand? Tune Group. So that’s on them.

The reality is, the owners are so utterly clueless they’ve presided over a slide from the Premier League that will end in League One, or worse, at a cost of what, must be close to £1bn spent (not lost). But the cold, hard facts are that we are so screwed financially without them we need them to stay. Death by a thousand cuts. Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.

Our ONLY hope, imo, is if they get lucky and somehow, somehow get a decision right, and appoint a competent DoF who they leave to sort out the mess they’ve created. If they f@ck it up again we are doomed.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand Out on 10:49 - Apr 8 with 1733 viewsTK1

Ferdinand Out on 10:12 - Apr 8 by JamesB1979

How is it the owners fault that the coaching can’t produce any good players? They were pretty much told to step back and hire some football people. They did that and I’d say things have got even worse. Les and Hoos were reasonably popular until this season. I also think they would rather not sack a qpr legend. The owners have paid for the strategy of Les and Hoos. It’s cost them millions and it hasn’t worked. But the ones to go should be the 2 that developed the strategy.

However, I’m not going to change your mind on this and you’ll never change mine either. We lose the owners, I think we’ll be bankrupt before year is out.

You can change manager, you can change DOF, you can change players, you can change CEO, but the one thing you can't change is the trajectory of the club downwards ever since Tune bought QPR in 2011. Because they've changed all of those roles multiple times and here we are. And we haven't even remotely bottomed out. There is worse to come, and until QPR miraculously finds its own Mathew Benham or Tony Bloom we will continue to trend downwards.

We do not want to admit this but QPR have a lot in common in terms of size, history and support with Luton Town. They had to sink all the way to the Conference to rebuild. Now they have an annoyingly brilliant board, whose CEO was the former head of the supporters trust who saved the club in the first place. That's why Luton are doing so well on so much less spend while also losing managers. Similar stories can be heard at Brighton and Brentford (historically our peers: now miles and decades away from us). They all had to break to be rebuilt though.

It's weird watching what happened with that other dilettant Chris Wright happen again in much slower motion, but it's happening again and no matter how many times you change manager/DOF etc will change that. Let's see how long Tune stick around in L1.
Ferdinand Out on 11:02 - Apr 8 with 1706 viewsToast_R

Ferdinand Out on 09:46 - Apr 8 by Northolt_Rs

We are where we are now because of more than 11 years of gross incompetence by these owners. They’ve destroyed the club.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 9:47]

They've made a complete pigs ear of the footballing side of things granted but destroyed is a bit OTT.

Chris Wright, now his incompetence did destroy the club. I think we're still some way off that at the moment.
Ferdinand Out on 11:04 - Apr 8 with 1701 viewsJamesB1979

Ferdinand Out on 10:49 - Apr 8 by TK1

You can change manager, you can change DOF, you can change players, you can change CEO, but the one thing you can't change is the trajectory of the club downwards ever since Tune bought QPR in 2011. Because they've changed all of those roles multiple times and here we are. And we haven't even remotely bottomed out. There is worse to come, and until QPR miraculously finds its own Mathew Benham or Tony Bloom we will continue to trend downwards.

We do not want to admit this but QPR have a lot in common in terms of size, history and support with Luton Town. They had to sink all the way to the Conference to rebuild. Now they have an annoyingly brilliant board, whose CEO was the former head of the supporters trust who saved the club in the first place. That's why Luton are doing so well on so much less spend while also losing managers. Similar stories can be heard at Brighton and Brentford (historically our peers: now miles and decades away from us). They all had to break to be rebuilt though.

It's weird watching what happened with that other dilettant Chris Wright happen again in much slower motion, but it's happening again and no matter how many times you change manager/DOF etc will change that. Let's see how long Tune stick around in L1.

We’ve had 1 Director of football and 2 CEOs since Tony got involved. The current ceo and DoF have been in charge for 8 years. Hardly changing multiple times.
Ferdinand Out on 11:41 - Apr 8 with 1624 viewsTK1

Ferdinand Out on 11:04 - Apr 8 by JamesB1979

We’ve had 1 Director of football and 2 CEOs since Tony got involved. The current ceo and DoF have been in charge for 8 years. Hardly changing multiple times.

What do you think Mike Rigg's job was? The fact that we weren't singing 'fcuk Mike Rigg' when that went catastrophically wrong was one of the reasons why the job title was changed from Technical Director to Director Of Football and a club legend was appointed: to add a layer between fans and board for when/if it went tits up again. Les knew this. He said it. He was happy to take that risk, so he now will no doubt fall on his sword. But technical director or director of football, same thing. Mike Rigg did bigger damage, financially and reputationally. Rigg and Hughes were the first massive flashing warning lights that Tune group were gonna wreck the club, we should've been singing songs about them then; then the Redknapp era was the huge red light that should've chased them out of town...Contrary to the rest of this thread, the fact that Les has been there eight years and until now the club has been midtable throughout is I think a huge achievement. He'll have more success elsewhere.

The board have wiped the slate clean at least three times (getting rid of Warnock's promotion era; getting rid of Hughes/Rigg era; swapping Rednkapp's bankrupting management for LF's DOF etc). Let's see what they do next, possibly in L1. I don't think we'll be viewing them very positively this time next year, but that's just my opinion based on their track record so far and the club's history. Could be wrong.
Ferdinand Out on 11:58 - Apr 8 with 1570 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

All the decisions are made by the owners, as I get the impression they consistently override the DoF. I cant believe for a second that Les would have gone and recommended signing Austin, or appointing Ainsworth. They have done these sort of things for years.

Les is not blameless and should go, but a new DoF will have the same problem.

The owners have f@cked our club good and proper.
Ferdinand Out on 12:19 - Apr 8 with 1530 viewsJamesB1979

Ferdinand Out on 11:41 - Apr 8 by TK1

What do you think Mike Rigg's job was? The fact that we weren't singing 'fcuk Mike Rigg' when that went catastrophically wrong was one of the reasons why the job title was changed from Technical Director to Director Of Football and a club legend was appointed: to add a layer between fans and board for when/if it went tits up again. Les knew this. He said it. He was happy to take that risk, so he now will no doubt fall on his sword. But technical director or director of football, same thing. Mike Rigg did bigger damage, financially and reputationally. Rigg and Hughes were the first massive flashing warning lights that Tune group were gonna wreck the club, we should've been singing songs about them then; then the Redknapp era was the huge red light that should've chased them out of town...Contrary to the rest of this thread, the fact that Les has been there eight years and until now the club has been midtable throughout is I think a huge achievement. He'll have more success elsewhere.

The board have wiped the slate clean at least three times (getting rid of Warnock's promotion era; getting rid of Hughes/Rigg era; swapping Rednkapp's bankrupting management for LF's DOF etc). Let's see what they do next, possibly in L1. I don't think we'll be viewing them very positively this time next year, but that's just my opinion based on their track record so far and the club's history. Could be wrong.

Ok 2 Director of Football. You think after 8 years Les has done a good job?? We’ll never agree on this, so let’s leave it there.
Ferdinand Out on 12:23 - Apr 8 with 1523 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ferdinand Out on 20:06 - Apr 7 by JamesB1979

Word “legend” is mentioned for Ainsworth, Holloway. To me that diminishes those that are genuine legends. Les was as a player a QPR legend. He was a fantastic centre forward at the top league in the country and for little old QPR. As a director of football, he has been beyond awful though. Wish he’d resign tonight.

pointless debating the semantics of the word 'legend' - I don't get why people get angry about it.
Some fans will only be old enough to remember from early this century, and you're basically saying because the club was at a low ebb then, we're not allowed legends from that period. Ollie turned the club around and got us promoted. Ainsworth played for 7 years, featured in a promotion team, and tried his heart out every time he played, and scored a lot of goals, and a lot of incredible goals. Why bother arguing over the exact wording of whether he's a 'legend' or a 'cult hero' or a 'fan favourite'? What does it matter? no one's said he was better than Marsh or Bowles (heaven forfend anyone ever question whether we will ever in our history have a better player than either of those two!).

Bare bones.

Ferdinand Out on 12:28 - Apr 8 with 1515 views08olesen

Ferdinand Out on 09:43 - Apr 8 by gazza1

OK, your opinion.....a long way from mine. We are where we are now because of the footballing side of the Club - we have failed to deliver.

This ^

They put money in each month to keep us afloat, took ownership of the mistakes in the prem and resolved the debt into shares.

The Director of Football has to be accountable for the football… it’s like blaming a restaurant owner for an overcooked steak and not the chef who made it.

They are not perfect, but we need to be careful what we wish for. This has to sit with the football people because from what I can see, we have a new state of the art training ground on the way and a more sensible budget in place- as we should.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ferdinand Out on 12:38 - Apr 8 with 1481 viewsJamesB1979

Ferdinand Out on 12:23 - Apr 8 by Antti_Heinola

pointless debating the semantics of the word 'legend' - I don't get why people get angry about it.
Some fans will only be old enough to remember from early this century, and you're basically saying because the club was at a low ebb then, we're not allowed legends from that period. Ollie turned the club around and got us promoted. Ainsworth played for 7 years, featured in a promotion team, and tried his heart out every time he played, and scored a lot of goals, and a lot of incredible goals. Why bother arguing over the exact wording of whether he's a 'legend' or a 'cult hero' or a 'fan favourite'? What does it matter? no one's said he was better than Marsh or Bowles (heaven forfend anyone ever question whether we will ever in our history have a better player than either of those two!).

Fair point. Although I’m definitely no angry about it!
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 12:39]
Ferdinand Out on 13:03 - Apr 8 with 1415 viewsgazza1

Ferdinand Out on 09:59 - Apr 8 by Northolt_Rs

Of course it’s the playing side…..which is presided over by people the owners hired. How can the owners be blameless in your eyes? They stump up £x million a month BECAUSE of their gross incompetence running a football club. They didn’t inherit that debt when they took over. This is on them. 100%

Do you really think that the 'Owners' run the club?? We are not in Jim Gregory's time now!!!
Do you know what they actually do?? Tell me if you do??
Ferdinand Out on 13:06 - Apr 8 with 1410 viewsTK1

Ferdinand Out on 12:19 - Apr 8 by JamesB1979

Ok 2 Director of Football. You think after 8 years Les has done a good job?? We’ll never agree on this, so let’s leave it there.

I think he did a vital job in difficult circumstances when appointed, and for a few years after, restructuring everything, yeah.
I also think that when his relationship with Warburton broke down to such an extent last season he should've gone then too, as that was his appointment and the end of the line for Les. The fact that only Warburton and Eustace left was pretty disgraceful, really.
I'll never sing 'fcuk Les Ferdinand' though, because his service to the club is on a par with Gerry Francis and we never sang that to him when that soured, or even Ray Wilkins. But if we are singing that, then let's think about who put Les there, and his predecessor, and the previous managers, and Beard...and remember who's still there - apart from us.

Anyway, yes, clearly won't convince you otherwise so let's hope it works out. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Ferdinand Out on 13:06 - Apr 8 with 1407 viewsQPR_Jim

Ferdinand Out on 10:33 - Apr 8 by DejR_vu

It’s not that difficult to understand, is it?

What the players are producing is absolutely crap. That’s on them.

We have a League One manager playing hoofball, making the crap performances even worse. That’s on him.

We have an academy set up producing next to nothing. That’s on Ramsay.

Who oversees the lot? Ferdinand. So the whole pathetic mess is on him.

Who appointed Ferdinand? Tune Group. So that’s on them.

The reality is, the owners are so utterly clueless they’ve presided over a slide from the Premier League that will end in League One, or worse, at a cost of what, must be close to £1bn spent (not lost). But the cold, hard facts are that we are so screwed financially without them we need them to stay. Death by a thousand cuts. Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.

Our ONLY hope, imo, is if they get lucky and somehow, somehow get a decision right, and appoint a competent DoF who they leave to sort out the mess they’ve created. If they f@ck it up again we are doomed.

"Our ONLY hope, imo, is if they get lucky and somehow, somehow get a decision right, and appoint a competent DoF who they leave to sort out the mess they’ve created. If they f@ck it up again we are doomed." - Agree entirely, I think they care, there's obviously no benefit to them from us being useless but were taken for fools by Hughes and Redknapp, Les stopped that but ultimately hasn't been able to deliver what we need. Up until the end of last season there was a strong argument that Les had done a decent job but errors have been made since and compounded so he has to take responsibility.
Ferdinand Out on 13:11 - Apr 8 with 1384 viewsgazza1

Ferdinand Out on 10:08 - Apr 8 by paulparker

And who got us in this mess financially in the first place ? Oh yes that’s the blameless tune group
Who appointment duds like Beard, Rigg, Hughes, Mclaren, Redknapp, who’s ear was bent by Kia
Oh yeah the poor innocent tune group
Who has overseen a premier league football club and seen them nosedive to league one with crippling debts
Oh hang on could it be those good men at the tune group
You can sit there and blame Les but he wasn’t equipped to be a DOF , he was cutting the oranges at spurs and putting out the cones , he isn’t and never will be a competent DOF and whose fault is it , yes the tune group
When the going gets tough they real out a fans favourite, Les, Olly, Warnock and now Ainsworth and they leave them out to dry

QPR got us in this mess.....not just the owners - they are all at fault one way or the other.

Re Managers......I would suggest that the 'owners' had never heard of a few of themBeale, Critchley, they just met them and liked them for one reason or another - buy hey blame the owners.

LF is part of the internal team that appoint and sack.....it is not just him or Hoos or the owners.

These so called fans favourites did not have to take the jobs.....Ainsworth was employed to keep fans happy - if he did not realise that then that says a lot, Olly and Warnock were finished when they came back.

Its the footballing side that needs sorting......
Ferdinand Out on 13:19 - Apr 8 with 1357 viewsNov77

Hope Les and Hoos see this…

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ferdinand Out on 13:26 - Apr 8 with 1340 viewsdistortR

As an aside, we can't look at the mess we are in financially without looking at football in the wider context - ffp, sky money, footballers spiralling transfer fees and wages. We are a small to medium sized club who punched above our weight for a long time, and then, like many others, got caught in a downward spiral of results, and trying to buy them. In that toxic mess, you could add the corruption - moral certainly, but some of them very probably legal as well - of certain managers. And, possibly, on the playing side, the prevalent ideology of 'self', of 'me' not 'us', doesn't help.
Ferdinand Out on 14:40 - Apr 8 with 1150 viewsDejR_vu

Ferdinand Out on 13:19 - Apr 8 by Nov77

Hope Les and Hoos see this…

He knew exactly what he was doing when he said that he would only have come back for a club he loves like Cardiff or QPR. He backed himself to overtake us both, knowing he would keep Huddersfield up at the expense of one of the others, ‘look at what you could have won’.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ferdinand Out on 15:48 - Apr 8 with 990 viewsBoston

Step forward Ferdinand old chap, just in front of the wall, that's perfect, good man. Cigarette, blindfold?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024