Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Tourism 10:58 - Jul 17 with 43673 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jul/16/huge-market-untapped-lack-of-vis

Already on its knees in recent years thanks to the Welsh Govts unnecessarily heavy Covid restrictions, refusal to deal with M4 congestion and seeming intention to actually make getting around in Wales even harder. To top that off we've still got the mooted tourist tax to come.

Is there anything in this country that they can't screw up?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Tourism on 11:29 - Jul 19 with 1100 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 11:11 - Jul 19 by controversial_jack

We recently called in our local Harvester as we were passing. £47, for two of us , one course each and a drink.There's absolutely no justification in that.We won't be returning

Many chains are giving promotions if you download their app. Harvester as you mentioned it, will often send you 25%-40% off codes. Then there is the meerkat app. 2 for 1 or 25% off Monday to Thursday that's Harvester included. If you don't have the app buy a £1 day holiday insurance and you can have the deals for the year including 2 for 1 cinema tickets.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Welsh Tourism on 11:32 - Jul 19 with 1090 viewsTogg

Welsh Tourism on 11:24 - Jul 19 by onehunglow

We were staying in Teignmouth two weeks ago. It was ok
Nerja a place we love. Hotel on the Balcon is something .
We ve not been though since the Sewer Plant saga and I miss the Three Cliffs Bar.
It’s Lanzarote for us now .

The water treatment plant up and running for over two years.
Welsh Tourism on 13:41 - Jul 19 with 1033 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 11:32 - Jul 19 by Togg

The water treatment plant up and running for over two years.

Is it working well?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Tourism on 16:11 - Jul 19 with 1003 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 20:51 - Jul 18 by builthjack

So Wales is no good to go on holiday.
England is no good to go on holiday.
Scotland or the North of Ireland any good?

I tell you what, take this post and then read Boundy's post, just the numbers alone are a damning indictment of what has been going on. Tourists do not know about Wales, even when they come here all they hear about is Cardiff apparently.

A few caravanners and campers with a dribble of day trippers is not an industry worthy of that name.

2% of UK tourist money is spent in Wales, go on, defend that abysmal figure.

Then there' the stte of public transport, the Soth Wales metro that won't serve South West Wales and is also being brought in in a shoddy manner by a shoddy boss who earns around 160k per year,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-responsible-trains-wales-admit
Welsh Tourism on 16:29 - Jul 19 with 987 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 16:11 - Jul 19 by SullutaCreturned

I tell you what, take this post and then read Boundy's post, just the numbers alone are a damning indictment of what has been going on. Tourists do not know about Wales, even when they come here all they hear about is Cardiff apparently.

A few caravanners and campers with a dribble of day trippers is not an industry worthy of that name.

2% of UK tourist money is spent in Wales, go on, defend that abysmal figure.

Then there' the stte of public transport, the Soth Wales metro that won't serve South West Wales and is also being brought in in a shoddy manner by a shoddy boss who earns around 160k per year,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-responsible-trains-wales-admit

I’m afraid some welsh folk are unable to view Wales as “ foreigners” do. For many it is just a part of. England.Fact.
Wales has failed miserably over the years to market itself. It seems more preoccupied in keeping Welsh pre eminent. The language ,for me, is a real issue and not a good one either. Sure it’s a novelty to your average camper from Lower Saxony but for many, it is not a positive.
People on holiday are more interested in relaxing,and enjoying Wales considerable natural assets. Culture is not really something kids trudging around in depressing rain and wind take much inspiration from.

When we go abroad, we chill immediately in warm sunny weather,drink cheap booze and eat meals al fresco after a day of loafing around on a beach with warm clean water.

It’s hard to beat.

It’s why airports are always busy

3.2.1…

Welsh Tourism on 16:36 - Jul 19 with 982 viewsBoundy

Welsh Tourism on 16:29 - Jul 19 by onehunglow

I’m afraid some welsh folk are unable to view Wales as “ foreigners” do. For many it is just a part of. England.Fact.
Wales has failed miserably over the years to market itself. It seems more preoccupied in keeping Welsh pre eminent. The language ,for me, is a real issue and not a good one either. Sure it’s a novelty to your average camper from Lower Saxony but for many, it is not a positive.
People on holiday are more interested in relaxing,and enjoying Wales considerable natural assets. Culture is not really something kids trudging around in depressing rain and wind take much inspiration from.

When we go abroad, we chill immediately in warm sunny weather,drink cheap booze and eat meals al fresco after a day of loafing around on a beach with warm clean water.

It’s hard to beat.

3.2.1…

On the note of "warm clear water" for us plebs who frequent Costa del Sol I'm afraid to say that isnt the case, certainly a shock to see the waters around Benelmadena recently with sewage present right up to the marina

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Tourism on 16:53 - Jul 19 with 968 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 16:36 - Jul 19 by Boundy

On the note of "warm clear water" for us plebs who frequent Costa del Sol I'm afraid to say that isnt the case, certainly a shock to see the waters around Benelmadena recently with sewage present right up to the marina

Well,Nerva had a problem but a new sewerage plant has solved that
This year we went to Halkidiki and it was crystal clear .Before that Lanzarote crystal clear .
Same applies to most of Europe,although I take your point .

Welsh Tourism on 17:12 - Jul 19 with 954 viewsGwyn737

It’s hard to beat.

3.2.1…

Are you seriously suggesting the welsh language is putting off visitors?
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Tourism on 17:25 - Jul 19 with 940 viewsDr_Winston

Welsh Tourism on 17:12 - Jul 19 by Gwyn737

Tourists only ever visit English speaking countries mun.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Tourism on 18:25 - Jul 19 with 902 viewsonehunglow

Some ,absolutely .
Read the rest and try to view matters objectively from outside Wales .
Trust me, I could relate horror stories .
You disagree and that’s fine .
NB,south Wales utterly different to the north and in a good way .

Welsh Tourism on 19:13 - Jul 19 with 877 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well I think maybe the weather and there is a possibility that English people coming here expect to see signs in English (we know what they are like ) and they get confused by the mix of Welsh and English, well maybe those English that aren't that bright?

I once heard a fell in the maritime museum ask where Abertawe was, he was looking at the map of Swansea and it's docks ( the big flat one upstairs in the glass case) and it clearly confused him.
Welsh Tourism on 19:29 - Jul 19 with 873 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh Tourism on 08:38 - Jul 19 by majorraglan

I’m not surprised tourism has dropped off, over the last few years we’ve had the pandemic which has either prevented or due to uncertainty encouraged people to holiday in the U.K. and Wales, this year we’ve got a cost of living crises and interest rates have gone up significantly taking a lot of money out of peoples pockets.
You say Labour seem to be doing it’s best to put people off, the Conservatives in London seem to be doing their best to mess everything up.

FWIW I am generally pro Senedd, but Drakers and Lee Waters need booting out. Boris offered money for the M4 relief road, but whether that was a political stunt we’ll never know. Most of the stuff that was promised about the levelling up across the U.K., the 40 new hospitals has all been smoke and mirrors and nothing of substance is taking place. Drakers should have accepted the money and called Boris’s bluff.

Johnson was likely telling lies again.
He has form for it. Everyone in their right mind knows that. Don't they?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh Tourism on 19:31 - Jul 19 with 870 viewsbuilthjack

250,000 visitors to Builth next week, including 10s of thousands from England.
Nice.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh Tourism on 19:36 - Jul 19 with 848 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 19:31 - Jul 19 by builthjack

250,000 visitors to Builth next week, including 10s of thousands from England.
Nice.

You just keep burying your head in the sand unlike those who care for the future of Wales. By the time you finally wake up the damage will take decades to recover.

Welsh Tourism on 19:56 - Jul 19 with 837 viewsFireboy2

Welsh Tourism on 19:13 - Jul 19 by SullutaCreturned

Well I think maybe the weather and there is a possibility that English people coming here expect to see signs in English (we know what they are like ) and they get confused by the mix of Welsh and English, well maybe those English that aren't that bright?

I once heard a fell in the maritime museum ask where Abertawe was, he was looking at the map of Swansea and it's docks ( the big flat one upstairs in the glass case) and it clearly confused him.

I can definitely tell you that the english people I know who go to Wales to holiday (and i know lots) know what to expect, they obviously love it and have Bern going for years so it must still be ok to holiday in Wales.
Welsh Tourism on 20:24 - Jul 19 with 827 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Tourism on 19:56 - Jul 19 by Fireboy2

I can definitely tell you that the english people I know who go to Wales to holiday (and i know lots) know what to expect, they obviously love it and have Bern going for years so it must still be ok to holiday in Wales.

How do they manage to find their way around with the foreign road signs, FB?
Welsh Tourism on 20:32 - Jul 19 with 824 viewsSullutaCreturned

Yes but the real point isn't that Wales isn't ok to holiday in. The real point is that we should be having a much larger share of the tourism than we do and who carries the can for that failure?

2% of all UK tourist money is spent in Wales yet we are 15% of the UK, we have beaches, we have countryside, we have castles and museums so why are more people not coming to Wales?
Welsh Tourism on 20:32 - Jul 19 with 824 viewsFireboy2

Welsh Tourism on 20:24 - Jul 19 by Gwyn737

How do they manage to find their way around with the foreign road signs, FB?

Perhaps because they embrace the culture and learn a bit of Welsh S 🤔
Welsh Tourism on 21:02 - Jul 19 with 799 viewsWhiterockin

In general do your friends holiday in North Wales or South West Wales as a matter of interest. From my experience of doing both there is a massive difference. North tends to be more culture and walking/hiking although there are coastal resorts. The South West seems to be more coastal and beaches although there us a certain amount of history. Both different holidays in my mind.

Welsh Tourism on 21:10 - Jul 19 with 787 viewslifelong

It’s hard to beat.

3.2.1…

Bloody hell.. go outside and give your head a wobble.
Welsh Tourism on 21:11 - Jul 19 with 788 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 17:25 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

Tourists only ever visit English speaking countries mun.

🤣🤣

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Tourism on 21:21 - Jul 19 with 766 viewsFireboy2

Welsh Tourism on 21:02 - Jul 19 by Whiterockin

In general do your friends holiday in North Wales or South West Wales as a matter of interest. From my experience of doing both there is a massive difference. North tends to be more culture and walking/hiking although there are coastal resorts. The South West seems to be more coastal and beaches although there us a certain amount of history. Both different holidays in my mind.

Both north and south have beautiful scenery, beaches and history, the north have more castles, which are awesome to visit, so imo they are both the same.
Welsh Tourism on 21:22 - Jul 19 with 764 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 20:32 - Jul 19 by SullutaCreturned

Yes but the real point isn't that Wales isn't ok to holiday in. The real point is that we should be having a much larger share of the tourism than we do and who carries the can for that failure?

2% of all UK tourist money is spent in Wales yet we are 15% of the UK, we have beaches, we have countryside, we have castles and museums so why are more people not coming to Wales?

The truth is that it needs a rethink and a reset.

Wales has traditionally welcomed Brenda and Keith from Stoke.
The only things they buy in Wales is the odd ice cream and the petrol to get them home to Stoke.
They even buy their sandwiches in Stoke.

Wales should reject the English day tripper model. Its dead.
The industry should instead welcome the continental Europeans, and the global Welsh in the States, Canada, NZ and Oz.
Apparently the Europeans may not fear the welsh language. Imagine that.

Bit tough on Brenda and Keith, but at least they will avoid having to pay our new Welsh tourist tax. 🇬🇧

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Tourism on 21:22 - Jul 19 with 763 viewsTogg

Welsh Tourism on 13:41 - Jul 19 by onehunglow

Is it working well?

Blue flag back. Playa de Burriana is amazing. Only problem what was once a relatively unknown part of the CDS is becoming very popular. Great Tapas scene there now.
Welsh Tourism on 21:23 - Jul 19 with 761 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 20:32 - Jul 19 by Fireboy2

Perhaps because they embrace the culture and learn a bit of Welsh S 🤔

Not much sign of them embracing welsh culture at Benllech or Rhosneigr is there .?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024