Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woeful away support 10:48 - Jan 3 with 5275 viewsstmichael

Once again at Norwich I had to suffer the whole repertoire of songs from our fan base..
All the classics
- Norwich is a shithole I wanna go home
- You’re fcuking shit you’re fcuking shit
- Westwood is a fcuking clown
- we r the Pompey haters
- football in a library
- when I was just a little boy
- OWTSGMI - in the 70s and 80s this was a rousing anthem now it’s a funeral March we copied from Spurs..

We are going for promotion and this is the best we can do!!
This is not support it’s a total embarrassment.
Numbers wise this is the best I have ever seen in nearly 50 years of going away with Saints.
Substance it is the worst and that is no exaggeration.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Woeful away support on 21:30 - Jan 3 with 1071 viewsfranniesTache

Woeful away support on 20:50 - Jan 3 by felly1

What player did they use the Aribo one for Frannie?

Although I'm an old git like the rest of your good selves , if my memory serves me well I can remember in the mid 80s standing at the back of the Milton in my mid teens thinking I was dead hard singing a load of dopey Pompey songs and as previously mentioned the classic " Your going home in a Hampshire Ambulance"

Moving to the East stand a little later and hearing the older geezers referring to the back of the Milton as the Milton Muppets...nothing really changes that much.

Not the aribo one, that’s nicked from Bristol who sing thatcher gold to it which is a lot better, the Redmond one now sung for kwp.

You’re right about Milton muppets etc though
Woeful away support on 22:57 - Jan 3 with 989 viewscocklebreath

Woeful away support on 21:30 - Jan 3 by franniesTache

Not the aribo one, that’s nicked from Bristol who sing thatcher gold to it which is a lot better, the Redmond one now sung for kwp.

You’re right about Milton muppets etc though

Westham sung the Aribo one about Joe Cole probably 20 years ago.
They did Nick our tune about Niemi and changed it for Christian Daily

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Woeful away support on 23:03 - Jan 3 with 979 viewsPatfromPoole

At the risk of inviting huge ridicule, I actually rather like the Celtic Stu Armstrong song which seems to be taking off in the Itchen North.

Wouldn’t mind hearing that at all at our away games before we let him go on a free transfer in the summer.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Woeful away support on 23:33 - Jan 3 with 965 viewsA1079

May be this is a real sign of my age but I do recall many years ago when I went to away games a rendition of the Woolston Ferry/Itchen Bridge was not uncommon as was "I can't read and I can't write but that don't really matter, cos' I comes up from Hampshire/Southampton way and I can drive a tractor........." When you think about the amount of words in the lyrics it was amazing the songs ever made it to the end. They seem to have died out as we appear to have lost that sense of locality.
Woeful away support on 23:48 - Jan 3 with 952 viewsBuggalugs

Woeful away support on 23:03 - Jan 3 by PatfromPoole

At the risk of inviting huge ridicule, I actually rather like the Celtic Stu Armstrong song which seems to be taking off in the Itchen North.

Wouldn’t mind hearing that at all at our away games before we let him go on a free transfer in the summer.

It started being sung en masse at Villa away last season (in the concourse of course), then died out a few weeks later, only to be resurrected properly again at QPR recently. It’s a good tune and has only been sung by Celtic previously, so reasonably original in that respect.

We can’t afford to be overly snobby about tunes being original…I just can’t stand the mass reproduction of Liverpool, City and United songs that every other club and their dog copies.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Woeful away support on 23:55 - Jan 3 with 947 viewsBuggalugs

Woeful away support on 23:48 - Jan 3 by Buggalugs

It started being sung en masse at Villa away last season (in the concourse of course), then died out a few weeks later, only to be resurrected properly again at QPR recently. It’s a good tune and has only been sung by Celtic previously, so reasonably original in that respect.

We can’t afford to be overly snobby about tunes being original…I just can’t stand the mass reproduction of Liverpool, City and United songs that every other club and their dog copies.

Plus it goes without saying all songs mentioning libraries, being a small town in… or anything relating to the dins down road should be sacked off forever more.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Woeful away support on 15:40 - Jan 4 with 782 viewspowpow

Woeful away support on 19:33 - Jan 3 by felly1

Get a grip grandads!!
Times have changed.
In the good old days... Blah blah blah.
Don't get me wrong the endless Pompey songs are embarrassing.
To the tune of Bowie..
He's our star man.
Running down the right
His name is Walker Peters
And he's fu***ing dynamite.

New classic along with the Aribo song.
New generation boys.

Times have changed, for the worse. Supporting means getting behind the club/team/players through good times and bad.

Instead we get moronic Clone Island, Gazelle wearing Green Street wannabe sheep following our club, expending all their energy on abusing everyone from the moment some cheap lager or dark fruit cider crosses their lips.

There’s nothing wrong with a bit of banter, but the point of following a team away is to support the team, be the 12th man, exert pressure on the other team etc.

As the original poster highlighted, only one song (we’ve only got one song!) is supportive of the team, which is quite sad. Time to step it up in what could be a pivotal season in the history of SFC 😇
Woeful away support on 15:48 - Jan 4 with 779 viewsfranniesTache

Woeful away support on 15:40 - Jan 4 by powpow

Times have changed, for the worse. Supporting means getting behind the club/team/players through good times and bad.

Instead we get moronic Clone Island, Gazelle wearing Green Street wannabe sheep following our club, expending all their energy on abusing everyone from the moment some cheap lager or dark fruit cider crosses their lips.

There’s nothing wrong with a bit of banter, but the point of following a team away is to support the team, be the 12th man, exert pressure on the other team etc.

As the original poster highlighted, only one song (we’ve only got one song!) is supportive of the team, which is quite sad. Time to step it up in what could be a pivotal season in the history of SFC 😇

beating a dead horse here but i genuinely think our re-work of Dock of the bay would be class, it's about the city, it's supportive, and everyone should know the tune (and at the very least the chorus).

Plus it'd be completely unique to us and give us a song other clubs can't nick

I left my home in Hampshire
Headed for the Western Bay
'Cause I've got something to live for
Love Southampton till my dying day.

So, I'm just gon' sit on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide roll away, ooh
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

2,3,4 (and repeat)
Login to get fewer ads

Woeful away support on 17:23 - Jan 4 with 717 viewspowpow

Woeful away support on 15:48 - Jan 4 by franniesTache

beating a dead horse here but i genuinely think our re-work of Dock of the bay would be class, it's about the city, it's supportive, and everyone should know the tune (and at the very least the chorus).

Plus it'd be completely unique to us and give us a song other clubs can't nick

I left my home in Hampshire
Headed for the Western Bay
'Cause I've got something to live for
Love Southampton till my dying day.

So, I'm just gon' sit on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide roll away, ooh
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

2,3,4 (and repeat)

Song sounds great franniesTache. It might just take off, if a line about hating Pompey can be shoehorned in somewhere 🙄
[Post edited 4 Jan 18:17]
Woeful away support on 18:29 - Jan 4 with 666 viewsfranniesTache

Woeful away support on 17:23 - Jan 4 by powpow

Song sounds great franniesTache. It might just take off, if a line about hating Pompey can be shoehorned in somewhere 🙄
[Post edited 4 Jan 18:17]

we've been attempting it since the fulham game before we played the skates in the league cup, so far it's only been us singing it.

I'm not one to give up though, the Our Claus song took us three season of singing it by ourselves in the arches before other people gave up and joined in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024