Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Drewe - he did his job 17:10 - Jan 28 with 8816 viewsnumptydumpty

Ridiculous amount of criticism for Aaron Drewe

Came into the game early and can't remember the last match he was involved in.

And was up against their most creative player by a country mile and the effect of Thomas was limited throughout.

Ok he is not good at the forward play but he is a defender and also considering he had only Willock in front of him on that side, he did OK.

Weird that a lot of fans jumping on his back.

Fourteen other players on the pitch who more experienced and basically did Jack sh*t themselves but lump on the young guy coming on in his first game for long time who did what he had to do.

I feared the worst with Cannon coming off after 20 minutes or so but despite Thomas being their greatest threat, they were like us fighting on scraps...

Well done Aaron I say.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:08 - Jan 28 with 1939 viewslassel

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 18:45 - Jan 28 by mart_Goblin

I’m not sure what the issue is. As Bazz says Drewe isn’t the problem here .
He came on and had to deal with the best player on the pitch (also the biggest bellend apart from the ref) with no help at all from Willock and dealt with him very well. He stopped a number of crosses and looked comfortable in possession .
The 2 passses in the attacking third that everyone moaned at I didn’t think were his fault . The first down line for Willock was weighted ok but Willock had the piano on his back and chucked it in . The pass was fine I just thought Willock was utter shite.
The second one in the last minute or so was a ball into space that 3 R’s players standing wide just stood and watched .
Sometimes a ball into space is made to look bad by the dickheads standing still and not moving where they should be .
He’s not a world beater . He’s too small and too lightweight but if he is the target of your frustration then it says more about you than him.

The Willock one was 100% caused by Willock running through treacle and was made doubly bad by him throwing his hands up and blaming Drewe for over hitting it.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:10 - Jan 28 with 1929 viewsdaveB

I thought Drewe did pretty well, he's not very good but came in at a difficult time and didn't let anyone down
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:11 - Jan 28 with 1924 viewsmart_Goblin

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:08 - Jan 28 by lassel

The Willock one was 100% caused by Willock running through treacle and was made doubly bad by him throwing his hands up and blaming Drewe for over hitting it.

Exactly what I thought . Willock through the towel in on a decent pass and then let the crowd moan at Drewe. It was rolled down the line but Willock just can’t move anymore.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:12 - Jan 28 with 1915 viewsWestonsuperR

He did ok but how many crosses did Thomas get in and the fact he was made to look by far the best player on the pitch doesn’t suggest Drewe had a particularly great game. Just shows how weak our squad is, having a to put on a player that didn’t do particularly well when on loan Non-League.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:14 - Jan 28 with 1901 viewsdmm

I've seen Drewe play in the U18s/Dev squad and never really rated him. He's done well in the couple of loans out he's had but when stepping up to our first team has looked out of his depth. However, he surprised me today and just about held his own. Well done young man.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:17 - Jan 28 with 1885 viewslassel

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:12 - Jan 28 by WestonsuperR

He did ok but how many crosses did Thomas get in and the fact he was made to look by far the best player on the pitch doesn’t suggest Drewe had a particularly great game. Just shows how weak our squad is, having a to put on a player that didn’t do particularly well when on loan Non-League.

I mean how many crosses did we get in down the right in the space Thomas wasn’t tracking back into - albeit I accept the fact that nobody in this team can cross of course made the need for him to track back greatly diminished.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:19 - Jan 28 with 1875 viewssouthbound_tram

Agree. Was pretty worried when he came on. That didn't change through the match, but there a few crucial 1:1s and he held up his end with lots of pressure on. Well played young man.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:25 - Jan 28 with 1848 viewsnumptydumpty

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:19 - Jan 28 by southbound_tram

Agree. Was pretty worried when he came on. That didn't change through the match, but there a few crucial 1:1s and he held up his end with lots of pressure on. Well played young man.

Am glad that was the majority opinion.

However I do hope Cannons injury is not too serious.

We really can't afford any key long term injuries as we unfortunately are not blessed with quality throughout..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 20:55 - Jan 28 with 1715 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:12 - Jan 28 by WestonsuperR

Unless they all happened while I was in the pisser, I genuinely think the answer to the first question is zero.

Apologies if wrong.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 20:58 - Jan 28 with 1704 viewsmart_Goblin

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 20:55 - Jan 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Unless they all happened while I was in the pisser, I genuinely think the answer to the first question is zero.

Apologies if wrong.

He certainly blocked more than were delivered, which is the first rule of a defender . Block the cross
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 21:00 - Jan 28 with 1696 viewsFredManRave

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 17:48 - Jan 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

We are, at best, a lower to middle Championship side.

The amount of time and energy people waste angry at players like Drewe, Kakay, and Hamelainen will baffle me forever.

They aren’t keeping Cafu out the side, they are where we are.

For what it’s worth I thought he did ok today which makes the anger even more baffling.

I was with you until "middle", Bazza.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 21:05 - Jan 28 with 1680 viewsFredManRave

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 18:45 - Jan 28 by mart_Goblin

I’m not sure what the issue is. As Bazz says Drewe isn’t the problem here .
He came on and had to deal with the best player on the pitch (also the biggest bellend apart from the ref) with no help at all from Willock and dealt with him very well. He stopped a number of crosses and looked comfortable in possession .
The 2 passses in the attacking third that everyone moaned at I didn’t think were his fault . The first down line for Willock was weighted ok but Willock had the piano on his back and chucked it in . The pass was fine I just thought Willock was utter shite.
The second one in the last minute or so was a ball into space that 3 R’s players standing wide just stood and watched .
Sometimes a ball into space is made to look bad by the dickheads standing still and not moving where they should be .
He’s not a world beater . He’s too small and too lightweight but if he is the target of your frustration then it says more about you than him.

That's pretty much how I saw it.

Did his defensive duties as well as could have been expected, all things considered but when in posession of the ball with the opportunity to start an attacking move he was found wanting.

But no shame in his overall performance, quite the opposite in fact.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 21:06 - Jan 28 with 1665 viewsbosh67

I'm not sure why players like Drewe and Kakay get so much flack. They may not be the best but they put in a hell of a lot more work than some of our other so called better players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 21:08 - Jan 28 with 1657 viewsnewgolddream

Excellent post. I thought Drewe put in a great shift. Thomas is a class act and I was terrified every time he got on the ball. Good point today and keeps us in the mix to stay in the championship.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 21:11 - Jan 28 with 1643 viewsJamieNaz

I mean, he was pretty poor, and he's not really a kid anymore, he's 22. But, as a few have pointed out, it's not exactly like everyone else was good and he was bad.

He gets no protection from Willock, but he's also not going to get signed up by any Football League clubs when he inevitably moves on.

He makes me miss Kakay to be honest.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 21:18 - Jan 28 with 1613 viewsMr_Beef

I thought that Drewe was OK defensively today, but not so good when he had the ball in the final third.

I'm not so sure why there's been such on a focus on him today though while there's not much comment on the likes of Colback and Field.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 03:22 - Jan 29 with 1434 viewsNorthernr

Drewe, sadly, isn't up to Championship level. I'm not sure he's League One level either to be honest. Really great lad, nobody with a bad word to say about him, but miles off the level.

Huddersfield knew it as well and as soon as he came on they funnelled 110% of everything they did his way.

He was very, very unfortunate to pick up a yellow card immediately. His offence was absolutely no different to the one Helik committed moments later, but having booked everybody for everything the referee suddenly came over all lenient with that one because Helik had been booked already.

My big takeaway was this - look how often Drewe got exposed against Thomas when he had Willock ahead of him, versus when he had Smyth ahead of him.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 21:21 - Jan 29 with 1080 viewsSpaceman_P

Don't know where the hate of Drew is coming from, he did alright yesterday.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 21:25 - Jan 29 with 1068 viewsNorthantsHoop

Did Ok but he is lost in the land of the giants, would be laughing all day long in the 6ft world of top flight footballers if I had to face 5ft right backs. Men against boys I'm afraid.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 22:05 - Jan 29 with 1007 viewsEsox_Lucius

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 21:25 - Jan 29 by NorthantsHoop

Did Ok but he is lost in the land of the giants, would be laughing all day long in the 6ft world of top flight footballers if I had to face 5ft right backs. Men against boys I'm afraid.

That would explain why Cafu never made the grade. It's a wonder Iniesta ever gat a professional contract.

The grass is always greener.

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 22:24 - Jan 29 with 948 viewsNorthantsHoop

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 22:05 - Jan 29 by Esox_Lucius

That would explain why Cafu never made the grade. It's a wonder Iniesta ever gat a professional contract.

The game has changed mate look at most of the players in the Championship alone. The modern top level footballer is at least 6ft. We have a team of midgets and lack the physicality to cope and get done over.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 22:31 - Jan 29 with 927 viewsGus_iom

Haven't seen any hate for Drewe, just an acceptance that he isn't good enough for this level. Not his fault though, it's on the club - he shouldn't still be with us, he should be building a career for himself in a division where he will get regular football.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 08:42 - Jan 30 with 767 viewswestberksr

came on after 20 minutes to mark their attacker who had already rinsed Cannon a couple of times....

picked up a really harsh yellow within minutes....

had 'cover' from Willock for 50 minutes....

with all that against him he did pretty well, blocking a lot of crosses and doing as best as he could in the air; at least putting their guys off and a few times winning the aerial battle.

apart from a couple of overhit/misplaced passes he seemed to do ok when on the ball in the second half, often after we'd tried to overplay it at the back again.

considering he's on feck all money, cost us bugger all and has had limited game time, I thought he did well.

lets look at the underperforming senior/big bucks pros for the problems; not the hard working/thrown in at the deep end kids papering over the cracks for the problems in this team.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:01 - Jan 30 with 733 viewsEsox_Lucius

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 22:24 - Jan 29 by NorthantsHoop

The game has changed mate look at most of the players in the Championship alone. The modern top level footballer is at least 6ft. We have a team of midgets and lack the physicality to cope and get done over.

You're just making stuff up now. 24 of the England squad are 1.83m or under for example. The Goalkeepers skew the average obviously but most of the "skilful" are 6' or under.

The grass is always greener.

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:09 - Jan 30 with 711 viewsNorthantsHoop

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:01 - Jan 30 by Esox_Lucius

You're just making stuff up now. 24 of the England squad are 1.83m or under for example. The Goalkeepers skew the average obviously but most of the "skilful" are 6' or under.

Every team I see come to Loftus Road does appear a lot taller than our lot to me. I probably need to go to Specsavers soon though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024