Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football sin bins 16:09 - Feb 8 with 2765 viewsloftboy

Will not work in my opinion. There’s going to be huge arguments that certain players got away with it last week etc.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Football sin bins on 20:19 - Feb 8 with 726 viewscolinallcars

I think it was Danny Blanchflower that said football reflected the society in which it's played.
At first thought that seems pretentious but football was a more sportsmanlike game then.
These days most teams are comprised of players prepared to cheat their way through the game.
I still believe the normal rules are enough given decent reffing.
Such reffing though seems like a pipe dream.
Football sin bins on 20:23 - Feb 8 with 722 viewsBucksRanger

Football sin bins on 17:29 - Feb 8 by Dorse

Much better ways of punishing players:
Diving - have to play the rest of the game in Speedos. And a swimming cap.
Bad Tackle - shorts pulled down and opposition invited to point and laugh at your 'bad tackle'.
Talking Back To The Ref - gaffa tape over the mouth.

You get the idea. I accept cash, cheques, bitcoin, Lower Slobovian groats, sex, chocolate and, of course, lager.

Absolutely convinced I saw Tony Hazell enter the second half of a game at Loftus Road with tape criss-crossed over his lips back in the 60's / 70's. Once the game started, Hazell removed the tape but remain certain the manager did it to him to stop him talking back to the ref.
Football sin bins on 20:35 - Feb 8 with 689 viewsNorthernr

I mean this does open the possibility for some of the more twtty goalkeepers to have to go off for ten mins and somebody else has to keep goal meantime, which I'm absolutely all here for.
Football sin bins on 20:37 - Feb 8 with 669 viewsSheffieldHoop

Football sin bins on 20:35 - Feb 8 by Northernr

I mean this does open the possibility for some of the more twtty goalkeepers to have to go off for ten mins and somebody else has to keep goal meantime, which I'm absolutely all here for.

We still couldn't manage a shot on target

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Football sin bins on 20:39 - Feb 8 with 680 viewsNorthernr

Football sin bins on 20:37 - Feb 8 by SheffieldHoop

We still couldn't manage a shot on target

Knowing our luck it would be Begovic who goes first.

last season, Huddersfield at home, Lee Nicholls took the pis like I have never seen before in my life. It was an absolute fck fest. Must have run 20 minutes off the second half just him alone. Gavin Ward added 5 mins to the end and then booked him in the 4th of those, when it didn't matter.

Couple of weeks later Gavin Ward turned up, we were in the lead, Ward books Seny Dieng for time wasting on something like 55 minutes, for swapping sides with a goal kick after two balls had been thrown onto the pitch.
Football sin bins on 20:57 - Feb 8 with 616 viewsSpaceman_P

What's the actual likelihood of the Blue card being introduced?? I really hope this doesn't have legs
Football sin bins on 21:09 - Feb 8 with 584 viewsSheffieldHoop

Football sin bins on 20:39 - Feb 8 by Northernr

Knowing our luck it would be Begovic who goes first.

last season, Huddersfield at home, Lee Nicholls took the pis like I have never seen before in my life. It was an absolute fck fest. Must have run 20 minutes off the second half just him alone. Gavin Ward added 5 mins to the end and then booked him in the 4th of those, when it didn't matter.

Couple of weeks later Gavin Ward turned up, we were in the lead, Ward books Seny Dieng for time wasting on something like 55 minutes, for swapping sides with a goal kick after two balls had been thrown onto the pitch.

Haha I was thinking more, Alan Tate that night in Swansea!!

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Football sin bins on 21:09 - Feb 8 with 598 viewsKonk

Football sin bins on 18:31 - Feb 8 by Northernr

It's very similar to all the chat we had a year or so back around injury time, faking injuries, time wasting, shithousing etc. The conversation was always about what new rules we could bring in to stop it, different coloured cards, injured players forced to stay off the field for a period of time etc. The answer was simple - enforce the rules you've already got. Time wasting is already a bookable offence, you don't have to stop the game unless it's a head injury, and the injured players are supposed to be treated off the field of play not treated on it and then asked to walk to the side and back on again as it is applied. Just enforce the rules you've got, book early and often for time wasting, add time on properly at the end, it'll go away.

This is the same. You already have yellow cards for dissent, just issue more of them. Don't put up with it. Apply the rules you already have.

That said, I think what you are seeing a rise in is not only cynical, tactical, 'taking one for the team' fouls to interrupt counter attacks (which have always existed) but trhat type of foul that's done to hurt players. Mostly those fouls used to be a deliberate shirt pull or a trip, now you're seeing players take advantage of a situation they know they're going to get yellow carded in to really crack into a guy. Colback is bad for it. Again, though, there exists already a punishment for that - send him off if you think it's excessive.

Think you're spot on. Just apply the existing laws rather than further complicating things. This article from Exeter Rugby's owner makes the same case: https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2023/nov/29/exeter-rugby-union-rob-baxter-warn

In terms of tactical fouling on the halfway line, Man City always seem to do that an awful lot and it's just another reason that I can't warm to them at the moment.

I was at Newport v Swindon on Saturday (I don't mean to brag) and as we were sat in row 3 of their family enclosure, it was mind-blowing to my son, that players kept telling the Lino and ref to 'fuc k-off!'' Even the 19 year old CF was at it. Just book the tw ats and 90% of it would be gone in a fortnight.
[Post edited 8 Feb 21:10]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Football sin bins on 22:46 - Feb 8 with 500 viewsLogman

I can only speak from grassroots level but I can vouch that sin bins work.

Show the player a yellow card and it means a £12 fine (to be paid in a week or so) and the player carries on the same.

Sin bin the player for 10 minutes and the team and player both face immediate hardship

I would add that the £12 fine is the same for professional players as it is for amateurs so the £12 fine means nothing to them financially.
Football sin bins on 23:07 - Feb 8 with 483 viewsjohncharles

Football sin bins on 18:31 - Feb 8 by Northernr

It's very similar to all the chat we had a year or so back around injury time, faking injuries, time wasting, shithousing etc. The conversation was always about what new rules we could bring in to stop it, different coloured cards, injured players forced to stay off the field for a period of time etc. The answer was simple - enforce the rules you've already got. Time wasting is already a bookable offence, you don't have to stop the game unless it's a head injury, and the injured players are supposed to be treated off the field of play not treated on it and then asked to walk to the side and back on again as it is applied. Just enforce the rules you've got, book early and often for time wasting, add time on properly at the end, it'll go away.

This is the same. You already have yellow cards for dissent, just issue more of them. Don't put up with it. Apply the rules you already have.

That said, I think what you are seeing a rise in is not only cynical, tactical, 'taking one for the team' fouls to interrupt counter attacks (which have always existed) but trhat type of foul that's done to hurt players. Mostly those fouls used to be a deliberate shirt pull or a trip, now you're seeing players take advantage of a situation they know they're going to get yellow carded in to really crack into a guy. Colback is bad for it. Again, though, there exists already a punishment for that - send him off if you think it's excessive.

Thanks for that Clive. I was about to say the same thing but do it much better but basically it’s enforce the rules we already have.

Strong and stable my arse.

Football sin bins on 10:24 - Feb 9 with 341 viewsTheChef

Football sin bins on 19:41 - Feb 8 by Dorse

It's like when they introduced tackling in golf. Madness.

Johnny Bairstow certainly wasn't happy.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024