Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday Lunch 16:31 - Mar 10 with 2734 viewsbuilthjack

We went out for Sunday Lunch today.
The place was local, and bought by someone a while ago, and they have spent an awful lot of money on it.
Nice place now.
However the food was plain, bland, and basic.
I had a chat with a couple of waitresses, they said that all the food is brought in frozen from Castell Howell. I have been told this happens in many places now.
It should be banned.
If they can’t buy fresh ingredients, veg, meat etc, and knock up some nice deserts, they shouldn’t be in the business.
Rant over, we won’t be going back there.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sunday Lunch on 06:59 - Mar 12 with 927 viewsDr_Winston

Sunday Lunch on 00:58 - Mar 12 by Robbie

Agree when you go to Weatherspoons , you know the product , went there few weeks back for breakfast , had builders in at home , electrics had to be isolated , no big deal .

Tables were cleaned as per customer visited , service was prompt and the food was fine .
Decent coffee as a freebie to keep visitors there helped , I used that option many times .

Pay your money , take your choice , I had no complaints , £6 for endless coffee and a passable brekkie , done the job .

All that, plus Spoons are one of the few, perhaps the only chain where you can be certain of a decent beer at a reasonable price. In London they're nearly £2 a pint cheaper than most places.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sunday Lunch on 09:01 - Mar 12 with 875 viewsWhiterockin

Sunday Lunch on 06:57 - Mar 12 by Togg

Last time I had a gammon steak in the Maerdy it was very good and a lovely pint of San Miguel for a decent price too.

Anyone who goes to a spoons and expects star food is mad, you normally get what you pay for.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Sunday Lunch on 10:05 - Mar 12 with 839 viewsTogg

Sunday Lunch on 09:01 - Mar 12 by Whiterockin

Anyone who goes to a spoons and expects star food is mad, you normally get what you pay for.

Absolutely
Sunday Lunch on 10:26 - Mar 12 with 814 viewscontroversial_jack

Sunday Lunch on 06:59 - Mar 12 by Dr_Winston

All that, plus Spoons are one of the few, perhaps the only chain where you can be certain of a decent beer at a reasonable price. In London they're nearly £2 a pint cheaper than most places.

I can rarely find a decent lager or pilsner at any spoons
Sunday Lunch on 10:27 - Mar 12 with 819 viewsDr_Winston

Sunday Lunch on 10:26 - Mar 12 by controversial_jack

I can rarely find a decent lager or pilsner at any spoons

There's plenty of other places that sell fizzy pop.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sunday Lunch on 10:32 - Mar 12 with 809 viewsonehunglow

Sunday Lunch on 10:27 - Mar 12 by Dr_Winston

I’ve just given up all carbonated drinks after my niece ( a GP ) marked my card

Best avoided Win.

Really no good for the gut

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sunday Lunch on 19:48 - Mar 12 with 749 viewscontroversial_jack

Sunday Lunch on 10:27 - Mar 12 by Dr_Winston

Indeed, but I don’t like ale, I prefer quality pilsners
Sunday Lunch on 18:04 - Mar 14 with 627 viewsmax936

I can recommend the Beefy Boys Burger place in Hereford Builth, it was superb fair play, had food in the Imperial on Widemarsh St on Tuesday and it was worse than Weatherspoon's.

Nice quirky Cafe on Kings St called King Street Kitchen lovely porridge served there and there's place on the street leading to the Old Vicky Bridge they serve a decent Breakfast there.

Barrels was quality as usual, the Indian opposite was poor though.

The fishing was excellent as well, until the River started rising, you must have had a lot of rain up in Bulith and surrounding areas on Monday night

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Sunday Lunch on 20:15 - Mar 14 with 576 viewsbuilthjack

Sunday Lunch on 18:04 - Mar 14 by max936

I can recommend the Beefy Boys Burger place in Hereford Builth, it was superb fair play, had food in the Imperial on Widemarsh St on Tuesday and it was worse than Weatherspoon's.

Nice quirky Cafe on Kings St called King Street Kitchen lovely porridge served there and there's place on the street leading to the Old Vicky Bridge they serve a decent Breakfast there.

Barrels was quality as usual, the Indian opposite was poor though.

The fishing was excellent as well, until the River started rising, you must have had a lot of rain up in Bulith and surrounding areas on Monday night

Aye, we send our rain to Hereford, it gets there 24 hours later.
Beefy boys are good, they also have a big mobile unit which comes here every couple of months.
I just had 2 pints of Butty at a local bar, it’s was either stay and get a shedload down me, or leave after 2. I was a good boy and left.
Hope you found some nice beer on in Barrels.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sunday Lunch on 20:31 - Mar 14 with 557 viewsWhiterockin

Sunday Lunch on 20:15 - Mar 14 by builthjack

Beefy boys are good, they also have a big mobile unit which comes here every couple of months.
I just had 2 pints of Butty at a local bar, it’s was either stay and get a shedload down me, or leave after 2. I was a good boy and left.

If you haven't seen it take a look at The Hidden World of Hospitality with Tom Kerridge with the Beefy Boys, you can still get it on iplayer. Incredible insight into the numbers setting up one of their units, the detail of food preparation and the volume of customers and turnover. It really is an eye opener.
[Post edited 14 Mar 20:32]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Sunday Lunch on 20:53 - Mar 14 with 529 viewsDr_Winston

On the subject of Wetherspoons again, this is a thread worth a look.

The number of architecturally interesting buildings that they have potentially preserved from demolition and refurbished is significant.

Sunday Lunch on 20:56 - Mar 14 with 523 viewsbuilthjack

Sunday Lunch on 20:31 - Mar 14 by Whiterockin

If you haven't seen it take a look at The Hidden World of Hospitality with Tom Kerridge with the Beefy Boys, you can still get it on iplayer. Incredible insight into the numbers setting up one of their units, the detail of food preparation and the volume of customers and turnover. It really is an eye opener.
[Post edited 14 Mar 20:32]

I have seen it. I know the one guy, Lee. His old man used to,play football with me.
Good luck to them.

Sunday Lunch on 20:59 - Mar 14 with 523 viewsmax936

Sunday Lunch on 20:15 - Mar 14 by builthjack

Butty Bach mostly, with Hopfather as a change, there's a Butty Bach Reserve its supposed to be sweeter and smoother than the original Butty Bach, but its 58% I was close to tying it, but if I had liked it I'd have stayed on it, Mrs would have gone daft then though.

Sunday Lunch on 21:24 - Mar 14 with 498 viewsbuilthjack

Sunday Lunch on 20:59 - Mar 14 by max936

Butty Bach mostly, with Hopfather as a change, there's a Butty Bach Reserve its supposed to be sweeter and smoother than the original Butty Bach, but its 58% I was close to tying it, but if I had liked it I'd have stayed on it, Mrs would have gone daft then though.

You would have been off your head if you had drank that stuff.
I have lots of mates in Hereford. They love the time that chased Cardiff through the streets into the old cattle market, then let a few cows out that hadn’t been collected. Apparently the scummers thought they were bulls and were screaming like babies.
Similar in a way to the swimaway.

Sunday Lunch on 22:19 - Mar 15 with 384 viewsmax936

Sunday Lunch on 21:24 - Mar 14 by builthjack

You would have been off your head if you had drank that stuff.
I have lots of mates in Hereford. They love the time that chased Cardiff through the streets into the old cattle market, then let a few cows out that hadn’t been collected. Apparently the scummers thought they were bulls and were screaming like babies.
Similar in a way to the swimaway.

Its lively place over a weekend that's for sure, cattle market area in a car park these days, leading to a shopping/restaurant precinct, prefer the old town though.

Car parking charges are a complete rip off though, although you can park in Asda all day for £4.50 using the app, Just Park app I used.

Cost me £5.80 for 2 hrs in the NCP by Bullys Gym, on Wednesday, been cheaper if I had, had the NCP app, but it wouldn't load on my phone.
[Post edited 15 Mar 22:20]

Sunday Lunch on 11:08 - Mar 17 with 288 viewscontroversial_jack

Sunday Lunch on 22:19 - Mar 15 by max936

Its lively place over a weekend that's for sure, cattle market area in a car park these days, leading to a shopping/restaurant precinct, prefer the old town though.

Car parking charges are a complete rip off though, although you can park in Asda all day for £4.50 using the app, Just Park app I used.

Cost me £5.80 for 2 hrs in the NCP by Bullys Gym, on Wednesday, been cheaper if I had, had the NCP app, but it wouldn't load on my phone.
[Post edited 15 Mar 22:20]

Going back to Spoons, I had the worse breakfast ever in the Rd Lion Morriston. That place has gone downhill - never again!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024