Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? 18:39 - Nov 13 with 5683 viewsTauntonR

I have supported QPR since 1974 - a few highs and a few more lows and for the first time in all those years i am actually contemplating that in the best interests of our beloved club that it would be best for us not to win . is that sacrilege ? is it wrong to have such thoughts ., Say we scraped a 2-1 win MH stays - we lose against mu -ok we always lose there anyway - MH stays - we get a draw with sunderland , villa and wigan - with improved perfomances - ok results for a team bottom of the league - but we would be mid december with 10 points on the board and MH at the helm - that is a realsitic scenario if we win on saturday . am i wrong not to want us to win on saturday ?
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 14:05 - Nov 14 with 935 viewsDylanP

No, I do not want us to lose on Saturday.

Yes, it is sacrilidge for you to want us to lose.

If you want us to lose, you are either not a fan (just a troll trying to wind us up), you have a screw loose, you have forgotten the actual goal of the season and are focussing too much on interim tactics, or you are a moron. Sorry to be blunt, but that is how I see it.

Ther eis one exception to that. The exception is, if you are god and can actually forsee the future, then go ahead and proclaim away.

But assuming that you are not god, lets look atr what this is all about. We started the season with the goal of avoiding relegation and ending up midtable. the reason we are concerned about Hughes is that it looks like he isn't going to get us close to our goal for the seaosn and that relagation would be a complete disaster for the club. Changing manager would be a idsaster for the club (albeit less of a disaster than relegation and therefore a preferably course of events). However, either way changing manager would be a disaster and while it might solfve critical short-term problems, it would leave the club with deep long-term problems. Firing the manager is a tactic and not the goal here.

You have laid out a possible sceario. It is one possibility. Another possibility is that a win on Saturday is the jump-strat that the team needs and leads to a seies of back-to-back wins taht leads to us achieving or goal. Tha tmight seem unlikely, but I have seen exactly that happen before in football, so it is not out of the question. As we aree all just making assumptions and guessing, it is best to want what is best for the club and not assume that the possibilities that jump into our heads are written-in-stone truths.

The only thing we know for sure is that a win is better than a loss. So get behind the team. Cheer them on to a win. And then hope like hell that the win the firdst step in us reaching our goal. The rest is in the hands of the footballing gods.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 14:37 - Nov 14 with 918 viewsadhoc_qpr

No one knows currently if changing manager will be a disaster or the making of our season and club for the future.

The only hard evidence is that Hughes performance over 1/4 of the season so far repeated across the season will not only take us down, we'll go down bottom.

I think there is equal portions of blame to dish out to everyone at the club (board, management, and players) but the fact remains that the manager is the only thing that we can really change out of the 3.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 14:44 - Nov 14 with 910 viewsjeffro

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 14:05 - Nov 14 by DylanP

No, I do not want us to lose on Saturday.

Yes, it is sacrilidge for you to want us to lose.

If you want us to lose, you are either not a fan (just a troll trying to wind us up), you have a screw loose, you have forgotten the actual goal of the season and are focussing too much on interim tactics, or you are a moron. Sorry to be blunt, but that is how I see it.

Ther eis one exception to that. The exception is, if you are god and can actually forsee the future, then go ahead and proclaim away.

But assuming that you are not god, lets look atr what this is all about. We started the season with the goal of avoiding relegation and ending up midtable. the reason we are concerned about Hughes is that it looks like he isn't going to get us close to our goal for the seaosn and that relagation would be a complete disaster for the club. Changing manager would be a idsaster for the club (albeit less of a disaster than relegation and therefore a preferably course of events). However, either way changing manager would be a disaster and while it might solfve critical short-term problems, it would leave the club with deep long-term problems. Firing the manager is a tactic and not the goal here.

You have laid out a possible sceario. It is one possibility. Another possibility is that a win on Saturday is the jump-strat that the team needs and leads to a seies of back-to-back wins taht leads to us achieving or goal. Tha tmight seem unlikely, but I have seen exactly that happen before in football, so it is not out of the question. As we aree all just making assumptions and guessing, it is best to want what is best for the club and not assume that the possibilities that jump into our heads are written-in-stone truths.

The only thing we know for sure is that a win is better than a loss. So get behind the team. Cheer them on to a win. And then hope like hell that the win the firdst step in us reaching our goal. The rest is in the hands of the footballing gods.

I believe the removal of Hughes will benefit the club short and long term and if Hypothetically i knew getting a draw would remove hughes and replaced by another I would accept this, not a defeat; a DRAW...

It is the survival that I am focused on and currently there is more weight behid saying under Hughes we will NOT survive than saying under a new manager we wont.

What Hughes is doing ISNT working so a new manager can only improve on that.

It is all hypotetical but imo Hughes staying will see us relegated.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 14:51 - Nov 14 with 903 viewsDylanP

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 14:44 - Nov 14 by jeffro

I believe the removal of Hughes will benefit the club short and long term and if Hypothetically i knew getting a draw would remove hughes and replaced by another I would accept this, not a defeat; a DRAW...

It is the survival that I am focused on and currently there is more weight behid saying under Hughes we will NOT survive than saying under a new manager we wont.

What Hughes is doing ISNT working so a new manager can only improve on that.

It is all hypotetical but imo Hughes staying will see us relegated.

I don't disagree with any of that. However, that wasn't the question.

It is not hypothetical to say that a win on Saturday would be better in terms of survival. That is fact. Three points on Saturday, would make it a little easier to escape relegation.

A loss on Saturday might lead to Hughes getting the sack. But it might not. Hughes getting the sack might save our season, but it might not.

All we know for sure is that a win on Saturday would be better than a loss.

So support the team and hope that things work themselves out.

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 14:55 - Nov 14 with 902 viewsjeffro

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 14:51 - Nov 14 by DylanP

I don't disagree with any of that. However, that wasn't the question.

It is not hypothetical to say that a win on Saturday would be better in terms of survival. That is fact. Three points on Saturday, would make it a little easier to escape relegation.

A loss on Saturday might lead to Hughes getting the sack. But it might not. Hughes getting the sack might save our season, but it might not.

All we know for sure is that a win on Saturday would be better than a loss.

So support the team and hope that things work themselves out.

By the same token, a defeat on saturday does not guarentee relegation, Hughes continuing his form which is the nearest we can get to "factual evidence" ;DOES.

I want us to survive, will always support the team, but if it meant not winning and hughes going, then id take not winning in order to survive in the premier league.

Winning and Hughes resigning would be perfect.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 15:05 - Nov 14 with 897 viewspaulparker

i think we need to win for my sanitys sake!
i've kicked the dog, cat, missus, you name it this season, Rangers losing really ruins the weekend for me and i avoid MOTD, Super sunday and any kind of Prem Football thats on if we do
its got so bad i've started to watch X-Faxtor ,
so c'mon Hughes win one so i can enjoy one weekend FFS

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 15:26 - Nov 14 with 884 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

What's the opposite of a pyrrhic victory? Surely that's all the op is about.

Some of you showing the strains of the season. Stiff upper lip men and on to victory! (or probably a draw)

It's got to be Yarg

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 16:07 - Nov 14 with 859 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Think some of you guys have double standards.

Hands up all of you that cheered an R's loss to City last game of the season when you knew we were safe? Is it just 'sometimes' we can accept a loss and be happy? Frankly, I was gutted we lost at City as I always want us to win be it at the expense of another team you may or may not to wish win the title. I care about one team and one team only winning - every game.
Login to get fewer ads

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 16:24 - Nov 14 with 841 viewshoof_hearted

Nobody cheered the loss - it was the safety that was being celebrated. If we'd been relegated nobody would have cheered.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 16:41 - Nov 14 with 827 viewsMonahoop

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 16:24 - Nov 14 by hoof_hearted

Nobody cheered the loss - it was the safety that was being celebrated. If we'd been relegated nobody would have cheered.

Ditto.

Of course I was disappointed that QPR lost that game, but there were cheers of relief that Bolton had flunked it at Stoke and the R's stayed up.The fact that QPR stayed up, over shadowed that 3-2 reverse in the end. Everyone connected with QPR that day was happy. Weren't they??

There aint half been some clever bastards.

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 16:49 - Nov 14 with 813 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 16:24 - Nov 14 by hoof_hearted

Have to disagree with that. Check various You Tube clips if you so wish. Fact was, there plenty in the away end cheering for City when they got the third goal. Ok, some will say it didn't matter in the end but the fact was, they were cheering the R's on to lose.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 17:18 - Nov 14 with 800 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 16:49 - Nov 14 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Have to disagree with that. Check various You Tube clips if you so wish. Fact was, there plenty in the away end cheering for City when they got the third goal. Ok, some will say it didn't matter in the end but the fact was, they were cheering the R's on to lose.

There was a difference between cheering the Rs to lose and cheering Man C to do one over Man U, once we were safe.

Subtle but definitely existed

It's got to be Yarg

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 17:30 - Nov 14 with 781 viewsDylanP

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 16:49 - Nov 14 by Sudbury_Hill_R

The goal last season was 17th place. Once we knew we were guaranteed 17th place, the outcome was secondary to the relief of not being relegated.

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 17:35 - Nov 14 with 777 viewsTGRRRSSS

If we don't win this weekend, and in particular if we lose I'd say that was very strong evidence to suggest we will go down.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 17:46 - Nov 14 with 772 viewsINFIRMARY

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 17:35 - Nov 14 by TGRRRSSS

If we don't win this weekend, and in particular if we lose I'd say that was very strong evidence to suggest we will go down.

Nothing in any way shape or form has Hughes made me feel he has has changed things for the better this season and after 15 years waiting to get int he Prem it just feels currently that we are Pi@@ing it all up the wall !

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 00:25 - Nov 15 with 730 viewsDylanP

Yes but if we do win, lets say a 6-0 victory that includes hatricks from Adel and Cisse, wouldn't that kick start our campaign? You must admit that such a win might make a difference.

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 02:31 - Nov 15 with 720 viewsMelakaRanger

I was until very recently a great supporter of Hughes. But he has shown this season (so far) to be unable to make our players play as a team and to be clueless as to how to solve our problems.

I now believe QPR will be better off by replacing him.

BUT despite this given the option of a loss and Hughes out or a win and Hughes stays, I choose the latter.

Above all else I want us to win on Saturday. A win could be just what the team needs to change!
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 04:16 - Nov 15 with 714 viewsessextaxiboy

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 17:35 - Nov 14 by TGRRRSSS

I agree , if we need around 38 points to stay up and lose on sat its hard to see where we could reasonably pick those points up . I t would need us to take points from the top teams and I dont think this bunch of players [ with one or two exceptions] have the resolve to do that .
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 09:21 - Nov 15 with 686 viewsisawqpratwcity

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 04:16 - Nov 15 by essextaxiboy

I agree , if we need around 38 points to stay up and lose on sat its hard to see where we could reasonably pick those points up . I t would need us to take points from the top teams and I dont think this bunch of players [ with one or two exceptions] have the resolve to do that .

All the criticism of blokes not pulling their weight may well be true, but I still lay the blame of an underperforming squad at the feet of the manager.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 09:37 - Nov 15 with 683 viewsjeffro

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 09:21 - Nov 15 by isawqpratwcity

All the criticism of blokes not pulling their weight may well be true, but I still lay the blame of an underperforming squad at the feet of the manager.

Yes, This is HIS squad, HIS buys, HIS tactics, the blame lies squarely at Hughes feet.
Yes we have missed a few decent chances and yes errors have been made by certain players but all clubs have that, its part and pacel of football.

Overall in a season, you need to win more than you lose, taking into account all the good luck and all the bad luck....Hughes has had nearly a full season and we will finish bottom, some way off safety if this man remains incharge of the club.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 09:44 - Nov 15 with 675 viewsjamois

This thread is still going??!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 10:30 - Nov 15 with 659 viewscorse

anything else than a win is out of question.
even if it means that mr hughes can keep his job a bit longer.
which i dont want cause he is a piss poor manager but probably have to live with it.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 13:16 - Nov 15 with 635 viewsQPunkR

Nope, getting rid of this sham of a manager is the most important thing for the Club. In the ideal world we'd somehow fluke a victory and he'd still fall on his sword, but we all know full well he won't. Based on nearly a whole 12 months in charge of the Club, there's only one direction we're going with that man at the helm.

QPR - "shit but local"

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 13:19 - Nov 15 with 633 viewsTGRRRSSS

He's reminding me a bit of Christian Gross who Spurs appointed as their answer to Arsene Wenger, however he was not.
A British version of it, as opposed to old school Mike Basset types.
Bit of a shame though things have worked better for him in the past.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 16:19 - Nov 17 with 597 viewsQPR1882

Well at least TauntonR will be happy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024