Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England vs Costa Rica.. 09:24 - Jun 23 with 3472 viewsDiscodroid

..really looking forward to the big chukka tomorow re england vs costa rica!!

im hoping the big knobs get round the table and yank it out of the fire!.

according to andros townsend , joe hart, marine boy baines and eric bristow, we have had good performances and have been unlucky

i refuse to believe our big push at the hun/bosh is over , eschewing the belief that conceeding more goals than you score is all important in todays 'selfie' world of instant gratification.

.the game will be won or lost or drawn in midfield, but ironically the goals(all important under FIFA's crazy system) will almost inevitably be scored at the extremities of the pitch.

believe me ...these meat and cheese eaters dago's from the continent are ruthless and cunning enough to exploit this sorry state of affairs.

looking forward to seeing leighton baines using his cultured left peg to open a can of beans while sancho panza whips past him to dispatch a brace.

is it me or would our leighton look more at home on the lush fields of wimbledon playing association lawn tennis in full evening dress against 'gentlemen' jim corbett in 1922, with racketts made of peacock gut, crab apples and fine english oak. with noel coward singing 'mad dogs and englishmen in the corner with a ball boy on his lap, ' ray allen and lord charles' style.

according to roy we can rule the world in 2022!!!.

ffs..

role on the new premiership season,

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

England vs Costa Rica.. on 09:35 - Jun 23 with 3451 viewsdanehoop

In manyways you know something is wrong when in world cup year you are wishing for the start of the English Premiership........ even if we are going to be in it (albeit most likely on a temporary basis).

Never knowingly understood

England vs Costa Rica.. on 09:45 - Jun 23 with 3437 viewsexiled_dictator

leighton baines out injured, so luke shaw will get a go.
that is if he can escape from noel, who is currently teaching him peter pan.
besides, i heard that baines is actually deputy head ball boy this year at wimbledon.
didn't make head boy as apparently he doesn't swallow.
but does a good impersonation of a peacock when nobody's looking.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

England vs Costa Rica.. on 09:49 - Jun 23 with 3424 viewsDiscodroid

your right fella's, it is a bad world cup when your looking forward to the razzle dazel of 153,785 High definition hours of 'EPL' red hot xxx action. only to see our beloved rangers cast in fluffer mode at the foot of the table.

need some new signings to get us all going again methinks.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

England vs Costa Rica.. on 09:54 - Jun 23 with 3419 viewssimmo

I am looking forward to it TBH (genuinely). It's a freebie to get real world cup experience into the youth players, even if it is a match of no consequence for us. I think Shaw, Barkley, Lallana will start, maybe Jones and Oxlade-Chamberlain too. A younger team playing without pressure or fear. Should be good.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

England vs Costa Rica.. on 10:02 - Jun 23 with 3406 viewsElHoop

It's a complete waste of time. Nobody will be interested in the past, present or future. They'll have been on the phone sorting out holidays and the other half will be saying 'mind you don't get injured' and the kids will be saying bring back some rain forest for them and who cares anyway? Not me. Bring off England and bring on Glastonbury and Wimbledon.

England vs Costa Rica.. on 10:10 - Jun 23 with 3386 viewsClive_Anderson

Lampard to captain the side apparently. I hate the way managers seem pressured into thinking old players need a game to say "goodbye". Beckham got about an extra 10 caps that way in the end.

England vs Costa Rica.. on 10:17 - Jun 23 with 3369 viewsdaveB

Maybe I'm alone in this but I think it's been a great World Cup, loved all of it so far. England played ok, not brilliant but nowhere near as bad as some are making out and they'll probably win tomorrow.

England vs Costa Rica.. on 13:13 - Jun 23 with 3301 viewsHAYESBOY

I would play the following.

Fck giving Lampard another game, he shouldnt be out there in the first place.

Hart
Johnson Cahill Jones Shaw
Henderson Wiltshire
Sterling Barkley Lallana
Sturridge or Wellbeck

Smells like a trout farm in here

England vs Costa Rica.. on 13:38 - Jun 23 with 3264 viewsHollowayRanger

don't matter who plays

costa rica will win

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

England vs Costa Rica.. on 13:45 - Jun 23 with 3249 viewsDANRANGER

Italy Uruguay on the other side is a winner stays in game so surely more entertaining than Frank saying goodbye.

England vs Costa Rica.. on 13:50 - Jun 23 with 3240 viewsPinnerPaul

Exactly and one of Suarez and Balotelli on the way home.

Interesting to see how the one that's going home reacts.

I'll be watching 2nd half of that one when I get in that's for sure

England vs Costa Rica.. on 13:53 - Jun 23 with 3227 viewsAunt_Nelly

Best World Cup I can remember.

England vs Costa Rica.. on 13:57 - Jun 23 with 3219 viewssimmo

No, you've got that the wrong way round. It matters who plays because it doesnt matter who wins.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 14:20]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

England vs Costa Rica.. on 14:02 - Jun 23 with 3210 viewsstuabd

I think it's been great so far. The atmosphere at the Brazil games in particular was amazing and showed exactly why the Qatar World Cup would be horrible.

Loads of well-contested games, no real duffers, and a lot of crumpet on display.

It could be the tournament when one of the 'smaller' footballing nations win the big one.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 14:03]

England vs Costa Rica.. on 14:10 - Jun 23 with 3197 viewsDANRANGER

I've listened and read a lot that has been said on England and I guess we have improved from 4 years ago in that we have more flair going forward. My real concern is the 2 central midfield players. Assuming Gerrard retires ( and I think he should) who is good enough to play in there? also are we going to try and press the game or are we dropping off and playing counter attack. Central midfield dictates how we are going to play and it's the key area and Roy should be playing the 2 in the squad who he feels can occupy the position from now on.

No room for sentiment, Lampard can have his 10 minutes at the end if that's what's required.

England vs Costa Rica.. on 14:20 - Jun 23 with 3184 viewsTHEBUSH

I'd like to see the Celtic keeper play, Forster, think he has a chance to make it, at top level.

England vs Costa Rica.. on 15:12 - Jun 23 with 3135 viewsHollowayRanger

don't matter to me

i'll be watching the real match Italy v Uruguay

still expect costa to win mind as they have something to play for ,we couldn't even got a draw when needed

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

England vs Costa Rica.. on 15:20 - Jun 23 with 3116 viewsToast_R

I'll be watching Italy v Uruguay for sure and hope to catch the England Costa Rica highlights after.

Anyway, England dissapointment aside, it has been a great tournament so far. However, the 2006 world cup was much the same until the knock out stages, then the free flowing high scoring dried up and the cagey matches followed by penalty shootouts began. Hope this don't go the same way.

England vs Costa Rica.. on 15:43 - Jun 23 with 3087 viewsPinnerPaul

That's a good point Toast.

So many teams adept at organised defence these days (with one obvious exception!) that it will be interesting to see how many teams actually continue to press in next stage when they take the lead.

England vs Costa Rica.. on 15:50 - Jun 23 with 3081 viewsdaveB

I'd play a midfield 5 of Wilshire, Lallana, Barkley, Henderson and Sterling with Sturridge up front

England vs Costa Rica.. on 16:01 - Jun 23 with 3059 viewspaulparker

I like the sound of that midfield Dave
although going from experience when England play 1 upfront we always end up isolating the lone striker, thus loads of hopeful punts up the field
I would like to see us play 5-3-2 with wingbacks , Shaw & Milner , jones playing the sweeper, so he can slot into the midfield when we attack , replace jagielka for smalling
keep a midfield 3 of Wiltshire, Barkley & Ox , with Rooney & Sturridge up top

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England vs Costa Rica.. on 17:03 - Jun 23 with 3035 viewswillis1980

after italys woeful performance against costa rica i wouldnt be surprised if theyre packing their bags at halftime, i dont think ive seen a seeded national side get caught off side so many times in straight succession. their passing which is supposedly one of their great strengths was utter khazi too.

ill be sticking by england hoping that italy end up with the wooden spoon

England vs Costa Rica.. on 17:11 - Jun 23 with 3023 viewsdaveB

thats a good shout, think Stones could do well in a back 3 as well

England vs Costa Rica.. on 17:22 - Jun 23 with 3013 viewsjamois

After a poor response to my where do i watch the game thread, I will be stuck in a bar in a one-horse town in costa rica packed with drunken Ticos. I hope we bloody smash them and that i manage to control my emotions and escape alive.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

England vs Costa Rica.. on 17:26 - Jun 23 with 3006 viewsShotKneesHoop

1966 & 1970 were the best, since then, it's got more like Fred Carno's very four years.

In 2015, Simon Cowell will take over runnng FIFA from Syph Bladder and he will decide who wins the next World Cup, based on a telephone vote.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024