Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Departures 17:09 - Jul 1 with 13441 viewsJeff

From Offish:

QPR announce player departures and those in preliminary talks regarding possible new deals ...

QPR TRIO Aaron Hughes, Stephane Mbia and Andrew Johnson have been released following the expiration of their contracts.

Hughes joined the club on a short-term deal in January, making 11 appearances in the R's promotion-winning season.

Mbia, who spent last season on loan at Seville, has also departed. He made 32 appearances for the R’s.

Johnson departs following a two year stay in West London, during which time he made 13 starts and 11 substitute appearances, scoring two goals.

In addition, Luke Young (27 starts, 2 goals), Hogan Ephraim (76 starts, 41 substitute appearances, 8 goals), Angelo Balanta (10 starts, 19 substitute appearances, 3 goals) and Tom Hitchcock (1 substitute appearance, 1 goal) also depart having reached the end of their current agreements.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Ravel Morrison, Tom Carroll, Niko Kranjcar, Will Keane, Kevin Doyle and Modibo Maiga have all returned to their parent clubs following the conclusion of their loan spells in W12.

Everyone at Loftus Road would like to take this opportunity to thank all of these players for their contribution to the club, and to wish them well for the future.

Meanwhile, the club can confirm it is in preliminary discussions with Rob Green, Armand Traore, Alejandro Faurlin, Gary O’Neil and Bobby Zamora regarding their futures, although at this stage no deals have been finalised.

Jermaine Jenas is currently recovering from an ACL injury and will continue his rehabilitation at Harlington in the short-term.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/010714-qpr-announce-player-departures-1710292.

Can we not knock it?

Player Departures on 17:12 - Jul 1 with 8888 viewsDiscodroid

o'niel and zamora!!,

ffs.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Player Departures on 17:14 - Jul 1 with 8877 viewsqueensparker

Can it really be true!? Hogan Ephraim has actually left QPR? He must have been approaching his testimonial season!

Would have liked to have kept Ravel and Niko, but it's thanks and goodbye to all the rest.

Player Departures on 17:15 - Jul 1 with 8855 viewsWeaverQPR

Balanta and Ephraim can't believe these two quite happy to waste away a career

@WeavQPR

Player Departures on 17:15 - Jul 1 with 8846 viewsDiscodroid

does that mean mbia can leave for the square root of fack all re transfer fee?

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Player Departures on 17:16 - Jul 1 with 8830 viewsWeaverQPR

Now Ephraims gone at least SWP might get a run out in the EDS each week for his 60k pw wedge.

@WeavQPR

Player Departures on 17:23 - Jul 1 with 8758 viewspaulparker

Feck Me Ephriam must have had the longest 1 year deal in History
glad to see the back of Young & Johnson ,without doubt the biggest waste of cash since the Leveson Enquiry was spent on wages on those 2
Shootknees will be on soon about SWP I can feel it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Player Departures on 17:24 - Jul 1 with 8753 viewsfrancisbowles

We are currently well short of a 25 man squad. Including, Caesar, Remy, Granero all the young players who have played the odd game , SWP etc we only have about 23 players under contract.

So much business needs to be done. Zamora and O'Neil are valid options for the squad unless we can find/afford/persuade better players to sign.

Player Departures on 17:25 - Jul 1 with 8742 viewsJamie

Bit harsh on Ephraim, the past 2 seasons QPR actived the option in his contract to keep him around a further 12 months. He has had requests to go on loan turned down in the past and when the chance came to go out and play football he has taken it.

Unfair to lump him in with those who were happy to hang around collecting a wage.

Player Departures on 17:25 - Jul 1 with 8741 viewsfrancisbowles

Yep.

Player Departures on 17:27 - Jul 1 with 8718 viewsAntti_Heinola

urghh can't believe O'Neil and Zamora might get new deals. even Redknapp gave up on O'Neil after subbing him 7 times before the 50th minute inside 2 months, until his fairly inexplicable late recall. And I like Zamora, grateful for the goal, but his body can't do it and I still worry that his form suddenly took an upturn at the same time as his contract ran down.
Others, all correct decisions. Tell you what, if we don't re-sign O'Neil I promise not to moan about giving Zamora a new deal until at least 2015.

Bare bones.

Player Departures on 17:32 - Jul 1 with 8676 viewsHayesender

He only had a two year deal, thankfully

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Player Departures on 17:34 - Jul 1 with 8668 viewsJamie

You'd hope they've been offered another year with a nominal basic and big appearance fee. In reality we all know that with the debt and all we've had to limit things to 3 year deals on £30k/week each.

Player Departures on 17:42 - Jul 1 with 8621 viewsdaveB

I wouldn't give O'Neil a new deal but he was excellent in the 3 playoff games

Player Departures on 17:43 - Jul 1 with 8615 viewsBluce_Ree

Bye bye, AJ. You were shite.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Player Departures on 18:09 - Jul 1 with 8490 viewsqpr1976

It seems to suggest we're lumbered with SWP for another year.

I think it was mentioned that JJ's ACL is likely to keep him out until January. A decision can probably be postponed until then.

No mention of Park, who like M'bia has ended his contract & loan. Unless he's retired (but I'd have thought they would mention or confirm that.

Player Departures on 18:16 - Jul 1 with 8456 viewsbosh67

Hill, O'neil, Zamora, Faurlin, Barton - all very good in the changing room as characters. All part of the team that went up. Have no worries about any of them being of use on and off the park next season.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2014 18:17]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Player Departures on 18:18 - Jul 1 with 8445 viewsDiscodroid

thanks bobby for that day which will live on in my memory for ever, but i think you have been fairly renumerated for your efforts over the past few years!

to think that him and o'niel have any prayer of competing in the premiership, well, for once ,words fu ckin well fail me.

Player Departures on 18:23 - Jul 1 with 8421 viewsLowerloftLad

Nice big clear out some massive earners of the books

Park
Mbia
Johnson
Young
Ekotto

Add cesar remy and adel to the clear out and the press can stop banging on about qpr crazy wage bill

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Player Departures on 18:26 - Jul 1 with 8410 viewsJuzzie

Park has gone, it was announced a while back, May I think. Retired.

SWP has at least one more year. I think the desperation for us to be shot of him makes people (rightly!) think his contract expires sooner than it actually does.

Player Departures on 18:26 - Jul 1 with 8411 viewsSnipper

I'd definitely keep ""Ohhhhhh Bobby Zamorrrrrrraaaaa" for another year. He'd be a good 20 minute sub for next season. I'd even have him starting some games if injuries happened. Which they will.

Player Departures on 21:04 - Jul 1 with 7985 viewsWanderR

Hogan?! Our longest serving player - say it ain't so

Current location: OX10

Player Departures on 21:17 - Jul 1 with 7941 viewsBklynRanger

I'm quite please we're in discussions with Traore. We could spend 5 or 6 million on a replacement for him but only get a marginal improvement.

Player Departures on 21:43 - Jul 1 with 7859 viewsQPR1882

Both in their own way have just earned the club £120m and promotion to the premier, I would say they have earned the right to have their contracts extended.

Player Departures (n/t) on 22:06 - Jul 1 with 7768 viewsSamegmol

Player Departures on 22:09 - Jul 1 with 7752 viewsSamegmol

I thought I had seen somewhere that SWP and us had mutually agreed to part company? Maybe I dreamt it .........?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024