Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off Topic, Fury (Movie) 10:08 - Oct 29 with 3102 viewsToast_R

Thinking of going to see this on Friday, do like a war epic.

Anyone seen it, is it worth an iMax?

What's the US audience cheese factor like? (Some fussy historian reviewed it and reckoned they depict the German army as a bit amateur when the reality was they were anything but)

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 13:16 - Oct 29 with 1934 viewsDrewster

Funny I was going to put a post up about this.
I went and saw it on Sunday, bit sceptical but was blown away.
Probably one of the best war films ever in my opinion, not up there with apocalypse now mind.
Some serious gore going on throughout the film, similar to the opening sequences of saving private Ryan.
Also some real moments of suspense, you know something is going to happen, just not knowing when, how and who gets killed next.
I don't think it made the Germans look amateur at all, in fact I thought it showed how well organised and fighting to the last, at the end of the day they were on home soil.

Go, you won't be disappointed.

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 13:25 - Oct 29 with 1923 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Oh Good, might go see it them. (or get the DVD at the same price)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 13:33 - Oct 29 with 1913 viewsToast_R

Thanks, you've twisted my arm. Booked up.

The Mrs don't fancy it so at all so dragging my big bro along.

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 13:51 - Oct 29 with 1897 viewsTheBlob

Oh goody,the Americans winning the war again.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 14:14 - Oct 29 with 1876 viewspaulparker

what better than a Bridge to Far ?
where Eagles Dare ?
The Longest day ?
battle of the Bulge ?
those are classics
its about time some of our directors got to work and gave us a decent War film instead of Rom com guff with Huge Grant & Kiera Knightley , think of all the missions and battles we have been in involved in surely theres a film out there to be made about our History in 2 wars

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 14:17 - Oct 29 with 1873 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Fantastic film. Really get the feel and suffering fo what it was like. Some very sad scenes. One of the best war films ive seen, obviously still habe to put Saving Private Ryan top. But with some of the recent crap made in cinemas, this is a very good film. Would also suggest Gone Girl. Another fantastic, tense film

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 14:19 - Oct 29 with 1870 viewsgordanoR

This looks good, there's also a film about Monte Cassino soon which holds a special interest as my Granddad fought there.

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 14:21 - Oct 29 with 1869 viewsTacticalR

How about combining everything? I am thinking Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in Sleepless in Stalingrad.

Air hostess clique

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 14:50 - Oct 29 with 1837 viewsbosh67

Shhhhhhh. SPOILER ALERT. Don't tell men who wins!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 15:24 - Oct 29 with 1801 viewsDrewster

Really? When? Got to go and see that.
My grandad fought in that battle as well, he was in the Herts and Beds I think,then he was assigned to the US 8th army I believe.
He was injured by a grenade and captured by the Germans and spent the rest of the war in the Chemnitz POW camp.
It was a slaughter in appalling conditions as I understand.

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 15:24 - Oct 29 with 1798 viewsTheBlob

My dad was there.
I'm hoping he gets played by Vin Diesel.

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 15:24 - Oct 29 with 1800 viewsDrewster

Let us know what you think

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 15:29 - Oct 29 with 1788 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think they should do one on the 'The Glorious Glosters'.

One British Regiment, one Chinese Army. Amazing stuff.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 15:37 - Oct 29 with 1782 viewsgordanoR

It's due out this year if you google it, I just hope it's good. My Granddad was part of the Polish 2nd Corps. He didn't talk about it much to be honest.

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 15:38 - Oct 29 with 1780 viewsTheBlob

Hollywood was going to make a movie where Tom Cruise wins the Battle Of Britain.

http://forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-116073.html

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 16:31 - Oct 29 with 1741 viewspaulparker

reading up on it its going to be based on an American soldier (surprise , surprise) falling for an American Nurse after he is injured in battle ,
any chance we could have a British based war film based on British or Commonwealth Soldiers or maybe a series ala Band of Brothers or the pacific based on our boys
Dunkirk, Burma, Pegasus Bridge, the raids on Rommell by our boys in the Desert those are a few examples
it can be done for anyone who watched those hour drama's based on WW1

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 16:45 - Oct 29 with 1731 viewsPigbag

Very good but the last battle is laughable, very hollywood and unrealistic.

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 19:32 - Oct 29 with 1655 viewsgordanoR

Sounds shit then. I'll watch it for the family connection but no doubt I'll be disappointed. As far as I can tell the Americans played a minor part in Cassino & it was down to a combination of effort from various commonwealth & allied troops. The monastery was actually captured by Polish soldiers eventually after the other allies had failed numerous times to take it from the German paratroopers holed up there.

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 19:41 - Oct 29 with 1642 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

went last night, film was really powerful. However did agree with previous comment about the final scene. However, the 2 hours flew by, it was a really gripping story.
I am pretty sure the first 1hr 50 mins were (sadly) a true reflection of the time for both the Allies and the Germans.

Recommend you go and see it

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 07:59 - Nov 1 with 1470 viewsToast_R

Saw it last night, really good watch.

The effects they managed to recreate like the noise of tank shells whistling through the air was simply chillingly mind blowing.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 8:00]

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 09:17 - Nov 1 with 1434 viewsDeptfordR

If anyone needs a film about them it's this bloke http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

Sounds like a proper lunatic.

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 10:10 - Nov 1 with 1414 viewsstevec

Very good film. The scenes make you wonder how anybody actually managed to get out alive and just how much life and death for those soldiers was a pure lottery.

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 10:25 - Nov 1 with 1409 viewsfreddieeddie

My work colleague said yesterday how good a film it was.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 11:16 - Nov 1 with 1390 viewsisawqpratwcity

i guess i'll have to go.

always wanted to drive a tank since deciding, as a twelve year old, that my national service would likely be defending the fulda gap at some stage.

currently reading a novel about a tiger tank commander.

i want to see a film that gets across blokes being forced to face truly awful conditions, like the first 20 minutes of ''saving private ryan''.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Off Topic, Fury (Movie) on 11:17 - Nov 1 with 1389 viewsdannyblue

I saw it a couple of nights ago and have to say I was disappointed. Good scene when they meet the German ladies and some decent gripping action but...last scene stupid as said. Also I hate films where the battle just stops so the main characters can have a little chat, and then when they're done, the battle starts up again. And what was that stuff about horses? Felt like they'd edited that story out but forgotten to remove all the references to it. Also felt like they were just driving around the home counties (and turns out they were). Not a patch on Band of Brothers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024