Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clark has showed Riga up ... 19:35 - Nov 22 with 4477 viewsrigabeliever

Whilst some may say that Oyston didn't support Riga, he did bring in a good 20 players and to be honest the vast majority of them were bloody awful. Under the same constraints Clark has actually brought in players who look decent - O'Hara, Eagles, Murphy and Lenihan were all a level above the crap that Jose brought in!

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 19:38 - Nov 22 with 3870 viewsBigbrother

The Riga lovers will be on this thread like flies on roadkill!!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 19:43 - Nov 22 with 3859 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Riga wasn't quite the hero some fans believed him to be. He brought a nice pattern of play but, like you say, his questionable recruitment policies didn't exactly match the way our club does business.

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 19:54 - Nov 22 with 3847 viewschesterbfc

In a word Yes,

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 20:20 - Nov 22 with 3817 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

"his questionable recruitment policies didn't exactly match the way our club does business."

Yes they did, cheap tat on short contracts. Just like Clarke.

O'hara and Eagles might be better but they'll be gone come January.

Pointless and pathetic way we "do business".

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 20:24 - Nov 22 with 3810 viewsmoney_money_money

Bunch of soft -arse Oyston lovers, You deserve each other enjoy league 1

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 21:44 - Nov 22 with 3759 viewsTang67

Incredible it has taken such a short space of time for the Oystonites to rear their skulls
The Clarke v Riga debate is a deception - they have both been handicapped .
We are a third way through the season and adrift at the bottom of the leagues ffs
I have nothing against Clarke and hope he has a good shot at it but it will not be him we look to when we go down
Once more - the Oyston family are unprecedented in taking the PL windfall along with transfer fees and salting away the lot that is £90 million +
We are playing with a team of loanees (too many until January), there is going to be no training ground and 3 years after being relegated we find ourselves the worst team in the bxstard league
Then we get planks writing on here about Jose Riga - I will guess the root cause of this anti Riga tosh is because he stood up and further exposed the malign way this club is run

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 22:00 - Nov 22 with 3747 viewsCSSeasider

Totally disagree. For a start, Clark is not under quite the same restraints as Riga as the sudden influx of players and backroom staff shows. It was pretty obvious, from the moment Clark was appointed, that KO would "back the manager", for a little while at least, just to show that "the mob" are wrong to criticise him and our league position is all that difficult Mr Riga's fault.
The fact that JR was appointed with the promise of support for his style of football i.e. the Riga Revolution, but then the promised resources were not forthcoming and JR had to go with whatever he could get to start the season means we will never know how good or bad a manager he would have been. Comparing what he was able to do, against a backdrop of behind the scenes troubles, toxic home game atmosphere and a boss who undermined him at every turn, with Lee Clark who has already had more support from the Chairman than Riga did in months, is pointless and unfair.
The main issue is the way our club is being run. Don't allow yourselves to be deflected from what really matters. The foundations of our club are rotten and no amount of surface decoration will stop it from falling down.

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 22:50 - Nov 22 with 3711 viewsSadallover

I think that we can only make a judgement when Clark has fulfilled the same amount of fixtures as Riga - so far Riga has one more win than Clark!

I think it's important not to forget the horrendous role that OK has played in this whole debacle and debates like this will sadly deflect from the real problem.

That said, we did look more of a football unit today.

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 22:57 - Nov 22 with 3704 views1953Original

I've heard from more than one reliable source that we'd done a deal with Eagles but Riga didn't want him. If he really thought that what he had in his team was better than what Eagles had to offer then that was a poor judgement call IMHO.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 09:06 - Nov 23 with 3658 viewsRusty2Stands

his questionable recruitment policies didn't exactly match the way our club does business.

BHOK the gift that just keeps giving.
With each post he gets dumber and dumber and dumber.......................

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 09:33 - Nov 23 with 3642 viewsstraightatthewall

Or perhaps he felt that signing 30 year olds on 2 month deals wasn't quite what the club needed.....

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 09:45 - Nov 23 with 3631 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Eagles only turned 29 a few days ago. Maybe Riga's agent didn't stand to make much money out of that particular deal?

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 10:04 - Nov 23 with 3611 viewsstraightatthewall

Maybe not superhands. Neither you nor I will ever know. We also don't know what support karl gave to riga in terms of who he wanted to sign. I'm not sure people want to go down the old agent route though as I suspect karl has his own 'methods' of 'getting things done' too. And I bet there's agents aplenty at the heart of it.

The only thing we all know for sure is that the Oyston family have made millions in the last couple of seasons. And we're 10 points adrift at the bottom of an average league, signing left backs from rochdale on a months loan.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 10:11 - Nov 23 with 3604 viewsTang67

Cheap shot BHOK but I understand your desire to marginalise Riga which I have said is a red herring in order to regain some kind of stability
The problem is that the relationship the chairman is broken beyond repair - for a long time I was critical of KO but differed from many in that I thought he should stay be held to account and take responsibility along with his half million pound salary
I no longer think he has the character or ethic to do this
His position is untenable but have the feeling this will be a unnecessary drawn out and messy parting - it will get worse before we see any improvement
BTW BHOK I think you can see this too but I understand every pantomime needs its villain

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 10:31 - Nov 23 with 3597 viewsKOSBowlCut

Too much black and white on this subject. Riga was beaten by the Oyston's after their stand off, he did his best but after the stand off in September KO was never going to back him .. that said Riga did bring in some absolute crap. He would have been better not bothering and proving a point.

I can only judge Clark on what I've seen so far and he's done well. Had it not been for McMahon's madness, we'd have beaten Fulham, came close to beating Bolton, he's recognised weaknesses and he'd brought in some decent players. Just whether those players can deliver. I've kept talking about 20 points by the halfway stage which still leaves 12 points from 6 games - a tough ask!

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 11:12 - Nov 23 with 3579 viewsOverWired

I've got to go with CSSeasider and some of the others on this.
Come January, we'll see how many manage to secure further contracts and come the end of the season we'll see how many options are taken up.
Next season will just be a repeat of this one.

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 11:35 - Nov 23 with 3558 viewsTheOldKopRoof

Can we let him get his first win before making crass statements such as "Clark has showed Riga up..."

Karl Oyston. All that is bad about human nature.

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 11:52 - Nov 24 with 3436 viewsLala

'Neither you nor I will ever know. '

Oh really, and there was me thinking everything was pure, factual black and white....

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 14:06 - Nov 24 with 3397 viewsdaveclayt

Except we'll be in League 1

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 18:15 - Dec 21 with 3302 viewsSTHolder

That last line in the o/p about Murphy, O'Hara and Eagles - they're OK but nothing better. Eagles shows flashes of what he's capable of but overall isn't great whilst Murphy is probably the most exciting player we've had here for sometime time and O'Hara is solid.

However, Riga brought a few half decent players in and in truth that is all Clark has done in the short period of time he's had. The common denominator is Karl Oyston who just doesn't understand what it takes to get a good squad together - money, contracts, decent facilities.

Anyone thinking of coming in January would be foolish in our position, with our pitch and our facilities and that's before you get to the money side.

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 18:22 - Dec 21 with 3294 viewsOdinsRaven

Comedy gold this thread

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 18:51 - Dec 21 with 3272 viewsTejas

Well I don't remember Riga putting out a team that got thumped 1-6 at home! They have not operated under the same constraints at all - Oyston's pathetic childish stand off with Riga has cost us the season. He was the one that recruited him, declared a revolution then did everything possible to undermine him. I don't see Clark having the same issues to deal with at all. For reasons already quoted he's getting backed - well an Oyston version of backing anyway.

Riga was the best manager we "never" had and can't be compared with Clark in any way. As for the players Clark has brought in and his "style" of play, I can't see a reason to be Glad all over" about anything I've seen so far.

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 11:27 - Jan 3 with 3124 viewsbrassedoff

I know it's not good board etiquette to drag back up old threads but interesting reading this one which I thought had a point at the time and now wonder if Clark's signings were all smoke and mirrors. The fact none of them have stayed (bar Eagles and O'Hara who are desperate for work) does it show that actually none were better than what we had in the first place?

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 18:07 - Jan 3 with 3070 viewsOdinsRaven

And its still comedy gold...

Clark has showed Riga up ... on 19:54 - Jan 3 with 3043 viewscatinstalbans

Does anybody really think this?
I can forgive deluded hope at the start, but does any single poster think Clark can take us forward?
He was a chairman's patsy at B'ham and it's already pretty obvious he's the same here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024