Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Pool FACup game 10:39 - Jan 3 with 1458 viewsPoolman

Wasn't at the 53 cup final and so I'll go for when we played Arsenal away - great night at Highbury and think most fans fell about 5 rows in front of them when Clarkson scored!!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Favourite Pool FACup game on 10:41 - Jan 3 with 1455 viewsterminallytangerine

Tony Green's single handed demolition of West Ham.

Favourite Pool FACup game on 11:16 - Jan 3 with 1443 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

At Highbury Worthington set out to defend for 90 minutes against one of the best sides in Europe at the time. Destined to failure from the off and I was very disappointed in the approach that night. Clarkson's goal exposed the weakness in that Arsenal side, two slow centre backs, which we should have at least tried to exploit instead of hoping against hope for a draw.

The Tony Green show against West Ham was marvellous, but my favourite is a third round replay at home against the Arsenal in our promotion season. 2-0 down at half time (Radford and Sammels), the introduction of Bill Bentley as a substitute changed the game. We got one back, then Bentley played a superb ball to put Suddick through one-on-one with Bob Wilson. The King skipped round him and planted the ball into the empty net for the equaliser. In the last minute Micky Burns outjumped Terry Neill (his last game for Arsenal) at the back post to head the winner from Hutchison's cross.

A glorious game, witnessed by 24,801 souls apparently, and one of my all-time favourites.

Favourite Pool FACup game on 09:58 - Jan 4 with 1419 viewsWronga

Funny following Blyth v Birmingham yesterday - reminded me of when we played them in the late 90's and beat them 4-3 - at the time progressing to the third round of the cup was big news - looks like we'll have to do it the hard way again next seaason.

Poll: Graham Westley or Neil McDonald

Favourite Pool FACup game on 15:07 - Jan 5 with 1406 viewsWizaard

The FA Cup replay against Arsenal at Bloomfield Rd around 1970. We were two down and won 3-2. Vividly remember the atmosphere being electric under the floodlights, and running onto the pitch every time we scored.

Think Mickey Burns might have got the winner.

One of the great nights at Bloomfield Rd.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 15:07]

Favourite Pool FACup game on 15:38 - Jan 5 with 1387 views20togo

Arsenal and WHU home games as previously mentioned. Two great games.

Mut really disagree with HdS about Arsenal away. He talks as if Arsenal centre backs were crap. I think one of them was Adams. And it was John Murphy up against him. We all thought Murphy was very good in the air but ADams had him in his pocket all night. Murphy barely won a header.

Did Henry play for them that night? Had he just signed for them and he played out wide for them? Think Pires played as well.

Waited an age for the special train to pull in.

Favourite Pool FACup game on 15:48 - Jan 5 with 1383 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Again, I'm with Wiz. "You can stick your Marinello up your arse".

Digressing slightly, does anyone remember the League Cup game at Bloomers against the Gooners? One of the wettest nights I can ever remember at our place, and we played in all white, I think.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Favourite Pool FACup game on 17:04 - Jan 5 with 1371 viewsWizaard

bak to the Arsenal game under Worthy, it was level half way through the second half and they brought on Kanu up front.

Oh dear.

Just looked up their team:

Manninger

Dixon Adam Luzhny Silvinho

Ljungberg Grimandi Petit Overmars

Suker Henry

Not a bad side, whereas we started with John Murphy and Adam Nowland up front.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024