Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the FL postpone Saturday's game? 18:06 - Feb 12 with 1591 viewsBigbrother

Just wondering with all the complaints about our pitch whether the FL might consider making us go a month without home games to allow a new pitch to be laid?

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Could the FL postpone Saturday's game? on 21:56 - Feb 12 with 1562 viewsOsbourne

The pitch is bad, but it is not unplayable.

Could the FL postpone Saturday's game? on 22:11 - Feb 12 with 1550 viewsspooner

The pitch would be an embarrassment to a non-league outfit and it will be interesting to see what happens when a visiting manager refuses to jeopardise the safety of his players by keeping them from taking the "field"

Could the FL postpone Saturday's game? on 22:36 - Feb 12 with 1528 viewsOsbourne

spooner,

Blimey, remember what the pitches were like in the 1970's?

If that occurred, a visiting manager refusing to play, Pool would have the 3 points, thank you very much!

It is a bad surface, no doubt, but the groundsman has obviously rolled it well and it is definitely playable. I'm sure the groundsman is doing everything he can. It should act in Pool's favour. If away sides do not fancy it or like it, then pool need to capitalize on this fact. Pool play most of the obviously winnable games at Bloomfield Road - Forest, Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Leeds, Reading, Fulham and Huddersfield.

Let's hope the pitch assists us.
These "Pop concerts" are not doing the surface any good. I was at Bloomfield Road soon after the Rod Stewart concert and the pitch had been completely re - seeded. The concert this year (Double Diamond) is even closer to the new season start. Blackpool FC should be looking after their pitch in the summer break I'm afraid. But there you are. We have got we have got I'm afraid.

Could the FL postpone Saturday's game? on 22:41 - Feb 12 with 1520 viewsspooner

I do, Oz.
In fact, I've just been reminded, on another forum, about a game against Blackburn at Bloomfield Road 37 years ago, when the pitch was awful, but nowhere nearly as bad as the one I witnessed on Tuesday.
Someone's going to get hurt and I think its somewhat embarrassing that we should be looking to the playing surface to bail us out of this mess

Could the FL postpone Saturday's game? on 22:57 - Feb 12 with 1511 viewsOsbourne

spooner,

You are probably right.

I too find it hard to believe that Pool train at Bloomfield Road. Is that really true?

I seem to remember a behind closed doors match v Fleetwood being played at Bloomfield Road, maybe in November? If I remember rightly, it was a very wet week. I noticed the decline in the pitch after that.

The pitch should really be protected as much as it can be. Questions need to be asked. I certainly do not know all the facts. The pitch lasted the course 2013-14 season. So what has happened this season?

It is certainly playable though. The groundsman I am sure is doing his best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024