Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's that then. 08:40 - Feb 13 with 3409 viewsCurryman

I was one of the gullible individuals who fell for the two year ticket deal, for that I should be pilloried. I should have known.

Despite the years of lies, mistruths, broken promises and farce at the club mostly trumpeted by the O's I kept thinking, it will soon be better, it will soon improve. That is what I always believed in the past when things were grim, there was always a feeling that things would improve, and unfortunately old habits die hard.

The last few weeks have truly sickened me. The fans, having been lied to repeatedly, led down the garden path at every opportunity, laughed at, sneered at and belittled by the whole Oyston family either singly or in unison, they then decide to sue anyone who has the bottle to stand up to them, no, those who can't defend themselves are sued, those with clout like the Daily Mail, Channel 4, The Football League Paper, and so on are left alone. Cowardly in my book.

Well, that has put the proverbial lid on the tin box as far as I'm concerned. I have yet to decide about the Forest game, I may just come for the protest and to say hope to see you again to my mates at the club on the other hand I may just protest and then drive back to Yorkshire.

I am not going to Blackburn, but have had a long term train and hotel booking for the Brentford game, so that could be my last game whilst this odious excuse for a family are in charge.

Owen,Karl, you have my money for next season and I know I have more chance of meeting Elvis in a chip shop than getting that back, so please stick it where the sun don't shine. I know money means more to you than morals.

I will send you a cheque for a cheap bottle of sparkling wine which was presented to me as 'Fan of The Season', 10/11 years ago but can't find the other part of the award, the compliment slip. I am doing this because I no longer wish to be associated with such miserable money grabbing excuses for humanity as you two and I feel the title I was given is sullied by your miserly and unwaranted actions against true supporters of the club who have really done no more than try and fight for their beloved club. NOTE: THEIR CLUB.

It with a sad heart that I write this after over 60 years of support for BFC and hopefully one day I will be back before I die, but it will not be whilst you two are at the helm.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2015 23:27]

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

That's that then. on 08:45 - Feb 13 with 3398 viewsSince1967

I was also daft enough to fall for the two year trick. No more from me so add my 40+ years of support to Curryman's 60

That's that then. on 09:08 - Feb 13 with 3386 viewsAllezBlackpool

Very sad Wilf. I would say don't let them drive you out but I know that probably won't make a difference. A sad sad period in our glorious history.

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

That's that then. on 09:12 - Feb 13 with 3384 viewsTejas

Curryman, you have to go with your heart mate, I will certainly miss your company at home games and I sincerely hope this mess is soon sorted out. However, I fear that it will take years to get them to leave. I’m as “revolted” in the way the Oystons are behaving as everyone else but I’ve never thought a boycott effects anyone but those being deprived of supporting their club.

Yes, I know it no longer feels like our Club, Oyston FC and all that, but at the end of the day it is and we were here before the Oystons and will be here once they’ve bled the Club dry and gone. They have our money and don’t care about empty stadiums. They would like nothing more than sitting in a stadium with 5-600 happy clappers in the West with nobody giving them grief inside the stadium. It lets them off lightly and makes their life more comfortable not less. Atmosphere, big crowds and the footballing environment means nothing to them compared with making hassle free easy money.

As you know being temporarily exiled I don’t get to all the games, but I’ve noticed it getting quieter and quieter as more and more protesters decide to boycott. I respect anyone’s view to stay away, and hope to see you soon, but I think it’s the wrong approach. Keep smiling mate, the Club needs supporters like you and always will.

That's that then. on 11:10 - Feb 13 with 3315 viewsterminallytangerine

Sorry to here this Wilf.

The news you gave me that Hoolahan was playing at Leicester is one of my all time best memories of watching the pool.

Fare well.

That's that then. on 12:48 - Feb 13 with 3267 viewsPNENIL

I've missed a lot of games this season and im on the 2 year season ticket deal and I really regret getting one.
Reading the apology that TAM had to sign yesterday and the financial implications that go with it are probably the tipping point for me. It wont be that hard to not go to games as ive not been enjoying it at all. I would have gone to more just to watch a game of football but even that is impossible with the pitch we have. Im sure one nice day in the spring ill wake up on a match day and will have a strong urge to go but im going to try and ignore it because I honestly don't think its the right thing to do at the moment .
Even though they have our season ticket money im sure a ground full of empty seats says more than anything on the FLS or sky sports news reporting the goals. When we drop down to league one we will get much less attention so it would be nice to show fans have had enough while we are still in the championship.
I cant wait to get our club back and I just hope they leave us the ground and the name. That's all I want and if we end up in conference north then so be it. The spirit of togetherness will make me far happier than I am now .
I was talking to someone the other day who took his son to the boro game and is a long standing season ticket holder . They were actually walking down the tunnel out of the ground when we equalised and couldn't even be bothered to turn round and go back in. I respect anyone who still goes , travels and worries about the football because I really don't know how you do it . I don't think it does us any good but each to their own.
To sum it up , I feel that this is that bad that I don't think the actual football warrants discussion anymore . Im completely disinterested in it till they have gone.

That's that then. on 13:28 - Feb 13 with 3244 viewsOsbourne

Curryman,

Will you actively follow and go and watch another team? Which one?

I trust you will continue to post on AVFTT?

Is your post a "rush of blood to the head?"

What if Pool win tomorrow v Forest? You are bound to come in to watch after the protest.

I think that Pool are going to win tomorrow. Then it would be 7/15 wins needed. Virtually impossible, I know. But possible too.

I hear what you are saying.
But..........
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 13:30]

That's that then. on 14:23 - Feb 13 with 3202 viewsscratchingshed

I gave up last season.

4 family members season ticket holders all for about 9 seasons, 3 generations, over 130 years of supporting the pool between us all, father in law was at Wembley in 53 all gone down the toilet now.

And do the Oystons care? of course not, not one bit they don't.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 14:23]

That's that then. on 17:31 - Feb 13 with 3118 viewsCurryman

Osbourne:

Will you actively follow and go and watch another team? Which one?
No I couldn't follow another team.

I trust you will continue to post on AVFTT?
I will still post on both sites, old and new.

Is your post a "rush of blood to the head?"
No, It's been building for some time now, last nights apology just sealed it.

What if Pool win tomorrow v Forest? You are bound to come in to watch after the protest.
I have decided not to go in tomorrow, I'll be home earlier for my tea.

I think that Pool are going to win tomorrow. Then it would be 7/15 wins needed. Virtually impossible, I know. But possible too.
I like your optimism but just face it we're down, no two ways about it.

That's that then. on 18:48 - Feb 13 with 3077 viewsWizaard

Sorry to hear that Wilf. Like tejas says, the one being hurt is you, not them.

I hope you'll be able to come back soon.

That's that then. on 19:17 - Feb 13 with 3060 viewschesterbfc

Great post, I,m stayin as I,m intrigued to see where the Buck Stops. This appears to be Terminal for either BFC or it,s owners. Under normal circumstances you would back the club and it,s wonderful supportl but as one who,s old enough to have seen tumbleweed blowing around Bloomfield Rd in the past I,m wondering if I will live to see it again!!! UTP CAN ANY CLUB ALIENATE all its FAITHFUL SUPPORTERS ???

That's that then. on 19:36 - Feb 13 with 3048 viewsMephistopheles

I remember you posting something similar on REALVFTT in the weeks leading up to the Riga Revolution and two year deal being announced. I recall stating how it was so poignant a fan such as yourself was taking such action and a true indication of how bad things had got.

For reasons that were completely understandable you did choose to renew after all but I still believed that the fact you were driven to post in such a way continued to have significance and boy were you vindicated with the state of things over the past 12 months or so!

Sorry to see this again from such a rational and esteemed poster. I truly hope you find enjoyment in any other ventures you partake in on a Saturday instead.

That's that then. on 20:02 - Feb 13 with 3038 viewsOsbourne

Curryman,

Glad to hear you will be continuing reading, posting and blogging.

You must come into Bloomfield Road tomorrow after the protest. I really think Pool will win tomorrow. You must watch the game, you really must.

I enjoy reading your opinions on here. They are intellectually stimulating. I appreciate them, I'm sure others do too.

1-0 Pool win tomorrow. If Lee clark reads this message board, could Pool win 2-0,3-0 or 3-1? I hope so!

You'll be back to Bloomfield Road, Curryman, surely what is going on at present can't last for ever?

I'm still hoping for 2014-15. But I agree, an unbelievable state of affairs at present.

Blimey! I doubt if Neil Diamond will be worrying about the state of the hollowed turf too much!

That's that then. on 20:54 - Feb 13 with 3005 viewsribble

Curryman

As a supporter since '67 I feel your pain, I really do. But as another 2 year STH (me + kids), I'm buggered if I'm going to let the Oyston's have my cash for nothing, so I'm going to stick with it.

And there's always the chance that things will get better on the pitch next season.......
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 20:55]

That's that then. on 19:50 - Feb 14 with 2873 viewsOsbourne

Curryman,

I hope you did go into Bloomfield Road today. 4-4 v Forest. Mistakes were made but tremendous spirit was shown also.

I was really hoping for 3 points today. 1 point though is better than 0 points.

I hope you saw it Curryman?

That's that then. on 09:21 - Feb 15 with 2816 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Read on the other board that Curryman turned up for the game and drove home after the protest and that is the real sadness here that fans hatred of the Oyston's is denying them the 'pleasure' of seeing their side play.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

That's that then. on 10:36 - Feb 15 with 2808 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

It was a once in 2-decades freak game and he missed it on moral grounds. That's a damm shame. Periods like these are tough for us but what make the good times all the more enjoyable and you still get occassional gems like yesterday popping up.

That's that then. on 11:38 - Feb 15 with 2791 viewsPNENIL

I missed it too and it doesnt bother me. I can think of hundreds of games in the past few years that im glad ive seen more than that one. When we had a proper team and hope.
Yesterday was insignificant because we are already relegated and it doesnt matter one jot.

That's that then. on 12:27 - Feb 15 with 2773 viewsCurryman

Yes i was there for the protest, and went straight home afterwards without going to the game.

It hurt me to do that, the second time I've done it, and will continue to hurt me as Blackpool FC has been, and is still, part of my life. However, I have to make a stand against the tyranical way in which The O's are running this club and particularly the suing of those who can least defend themselves.

i appreciate that my individual protest is probably futile, but it is something I have to do.

[Post edited 15 Feb 2015 23:17]

That's that then. on 13:01 - Feb 15 with 2756 viewsPlumbs

Good on you Curryman and protests are indeed a subjective thing. Not many fans around generally with the moral fibre you have so best of luck to you.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

That's that then. on 18:25 - Feb 15 with 2689 viewsthe_stockport_one

your not on your own Curryman as we have spoken about at Norwich. and we will both be there amongst probably 150 of us at Brentford too.

But we both think it's probably futile and we have to do this as we feel it's morally right. I can point you to at least a dozen that are doing the same all who will be at Brentford.

Cheers, great to know you, a proper fan

DEFEND THE STOCKPORT ONE

That's that then. on 15:43 - Apr 3 with 2365 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Just a little update on this - met a mate the other week who hadn't missed a home game in 22 years - trying to persuade him to come on here and tell us his story as on Tuesday he won't be at Bloomfield Road

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024