Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is to blame? 09:06 - May 3 with 2065 viewsCurryman

The FA and FL are, in my opinion, complicit in what happened yesterday. Fans have been contacting them and warning both organisations of the situation developing at Bloomfield Road and it is time both the FA & FL looked at the broader picture instead of sitting on their hands as they have done so far.

Instead of navel gazing and hand wringing, questions need to be asked, hard questions, which get to the truth of what has and is still going on at Bloomfield Road, on what has driven the fans to use such drastic measures to get their point across.

The signs have been there for some time now and the apologists , yes I admit I was one 18 months ago, have gradually become more and more disenchanted in the way in which the club has been run. The demonstrations have grown in size and fervour to such an extent that yesterday I saw people marching and protesting who I would never have thought would have joined any protest.

The FA and the FL need to take a long look at their part in what happened yesterday not just blankly at a pitch invasion which caused an abandonment. Then they need to make a difference to football in general by looking at the following areas before making any decision. I would at this point say that HTFC should be awarded the full three points for their disrupted season.

They should decide:
Whether or not a person who has been jailed for whatever reason for a major crime should be classed as a fit and proper person to be involved in a football club. If they don’t we may see the likes of Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter and other such disgusting individuals running a club?
Whether a person who has declared themselves bankrupt and then miraculously become solvent who has criminal convictions for other matters should be put in charge of a football club?
How any monies earned in football and awards given to clubs who have had time in the Premier League should be spent and what minimum reinvestment should be made on either the playing staff or the infrastructure;
Why a person accused of using language that is offensive to the disabled is not dealt with by the authorities in the same manner as a player who receives a ban for violent play, i.e. quickly?
Why continual provocation of a fan base is allowed to continue without someone from the parent body stepping in and saying enough is enough?
Why a clubs fans, once classed as the happy clappy devil may care fans, should be forced to descend to such levels to try and make someone listen?

There are many more areas that need to be looked at but these come off the top of my head. It is my opinion that if the two parent bodies simply wring their hands and punish the fans without first of all looking at the root cause of the problems it will be a truly sad day for football.
Think of Wrexham; Darlington; Portsmouth; Coventry; Hereford; Stockport and many others. Today it looks like Blackpool. Who will it be tomorrow?

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Who is to blame? on 20:46 - May 3 with 1801 viewsscratchingshed

Totally agree Wilf.

Just said on another thread the club will be punished long before Oyston gets his punishment for text gate and how long has this been going on 4 months?

Shambolic.

Who is to blame? on 21:26 - May 3 with 1778 viewsBFC_Tim

Great post Curryman - the game is rotten to the core whilst those who have their fingers in the pie are blind to what is going on - mainly because they can't see over their stacks of money. I am thinking of leaving it all behind and watching non league football again.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024