Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? 17:43 - May 8 with 1662 viewsBigbrother

Another story about him today ...

Latvian millionaire Valeri Belokon has reiterated his desire to buy shipwrecked Blackpool off the Oyston family.
Belokon, who first revealed an interest in bidding for the Seasiders to Sportsmail in October, says he remains in talks with mystery local investors.
Blackpool were relegated in disgrace from the Championship last month, with their season overshadowed by bitter off-field disputes.
Supporters united to force the club's last game of the campaign against Huddersfield to be abandoned by holding a sit-in on the Bloomfield Road pitch.
That came in protest at the running of their club by chairman Karl Oyston and his father, owner Owen. The former still has an FA investigation hanging over him after labelling a supporter a 'retard' in December.
And Belokon, who hasn't spoken publicly all year, is attempting to finance a buy-out.

'As I have stated before, I am still interested to buy the club, I am thinking about and working on the options and hope that agreements with potential local investors can be reached,' he told Sportsmail.
'We were viewed as an example of how to get to the Premier League with a small budget, unfortunately now the Oystons have shown the exact opposite — how to drop down out of the league with big money very quickly.'
The news comes on the same day as reports stating Blackpool's Supporters Trust are also planning to make an offer for the club.

Trust chairman Steve Rowland told the Blackpool Gazette: 'We are planning a serious bid which we expect to be treated with the respect it deserves.
'The bid involves people who have serious intentions of buying the club and will be something the Oystons will have to consider.
'We've been talking about this for months now but in the last few weeks the bid has become reality, we are hoping to be in a position to table the offer in June.'

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? on 19:13 - May 8 with 1638 viewsKOSBowlCut

Why has he never made an offer for the club and if he really wants it why isn't he here watching games (as he's entitled to) and breaking down the boardroom door to do a deal. Sorry still don't believe Uncle Val.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? on 19:23 - May 8 with 1635 viewsseasider13

Its quite the high stakes poker game they are playing, i pray that it happens, don't think i could handle another season of dross.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? on 19:43 - May 8 with 1630 viewsscratchingshed

Just wants his money back with interest and then do a runner, anyone blame him?

Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? on 19:46 - May 8 with 1626 viewsjanegallagher

So you don't think he wants to buy the club then?

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? on 19:49 - May 8 with 1625 viewsHarryHorse

Doubt if it will happen overnight .Quite apart from whether the bid is acceptable due diligence et al takes a bit of time .Anyway , it offers a glimmer of hope and for that I'm grateful

Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? on 19:51 - May 8 with 1623 viewsterminallytangerine

A glimmer and we can all live in hope but must have a plan B just in case.

Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? on 19:53 - May 8 with 1619 viewsscratchingshed

Jane I would like to buy the club but in the real world its not going to happen.
[Post edited 8 May 2015 19:54]

Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? on 19:56 - May 8 with 1613 viewsHarryHorse

Can't think of a plan B TT I'm afraid

Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? on 12:07 - May 9 with 1551 viewsBertandErnie

If ever there was a time it would be now - I would say if nothing happens over summer then it never will.

Anyone really think Belokon will ever arrive? on 18:31 - May 10 with 1514 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Anyone else think he's playing the long game and waiting for the fans to go, the revenues to drop and the club to effectively become worthless?

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024