Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is a training ground now going to make a difference? 12:52 - May 17 with 2172 viewsPoolman

I found it quite interesting reading the post below on a forum which says we could be getting a new training ground. I know all previous managers have been involved in 'a new training ground' with many saying they were pleased to be in on the ground floor. Isn't it time though we had someone who oversaw all of this who will actually see it through. If they can nail down Richie Kyle with a long term contract he could be the answer.

Of course the other thing is will the promise of a training ground - be it now or in the future - make a difference in the short term? It's a bit like if Karl announced he was finishing off the East. At one time it would be cause for great excitement but have we now passed that point and any announcement would be greeted as a damp squib?

Last week, Fylde Borough Council officially passed the new plans submitted by the club for a new training ground on the Ballam Road in Lytham.

The plans do include a couple of training pitches and one all weather pitch.

Not too sure why they were passed now....But the plans do not include any land to be used for housing...[rle]

Expect KoKo to be talking about measured progress and getting behind the team on the big season ticket promotion all next week.....

Just too Little, too Late....?
[Post edited 17 May 2015 12:59]

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Is a training ground now going to make a difference? on 12:58 - May 17 with 2166 viewsAVFTTConvert

Strange how so many fans are now looking at life beyond the Oyston's and so everything stops until they go - we should have no football ambition, not move forward off the pitch and basically give up!

There are still thousands who want this club to succeed, with or without the O's, and so of course IF this gets the go ahead and we get a training ground then it should be welcomed. Sadly too many have now become so negative and so obsessed by the O's they no longer can see how destructive it's being to the football club .. not the Oyston's.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Is a training ground now going to make a difference? on 18:25 - May 17 with 2113 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

The training ground question is an interesting one. Instinct says modern standards demand better facilities to attract better players but Charlie Adam trained there and did alright for us so is it all that important?

Jamie Hoyland on Radio Lancs recently said a player wouldn't mind where he trained if the team were winning and the squad had a good bunch of lads in it. He played in all 4 divisions so has perspective.

Can having too nice training facilities breed namby pamby footballers who then are too soft in real games?

Is a training ground now going to make a difference? on 18:47 - May 17 with 2101 viewsWizaard

Better facilities have been promised since Matthews' day so I won't hold my breath.

It's a positive step if it happens but too late to be seen as an Oystons PR move, especially as there's been nothing on the official site.

Is a training ground now going to make a difference? on 18:53 - May 17 with 2097 viewsMr_Brightside

End of the day poor training facilities didn't deter us from getting to the Premier League - the club need a decent pitch to play on during the week but otherwise they have the BFC gym and the changing facilities at the club and so whilst it is needed it's not essential!!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Is a training ground now going to make a difference? on 13:02 - May 18 with 2057 viewsAVFTTConvert

So sad that we even have posts like this. Of course it will make a difference and a huge difference - players look for ambition, improvement and ironically 'Progress' and there has been none of that at Blackpool since the South Stand was completed bar the work to finance other projects. I'd still say that even if we get a training ground we're only playing catch up.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024