Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great opportunity for the new manager 11:43 - May 19 with 4758 viewssteve_g

Few will see it like this but what a great opportunity for a new manager to come in, have no deadwood and build the club up again from scratch. However Karl needs to get his are in gear and appoint this week!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Great opportunity for the new manager on 12:08 - May 19 with 4742 viewsHarryHorse

Just like last close season and The Riga Revolution eh ?

For your "great opportunity" I say poison chalice . Each to their own
[Post edited 19 May 2015 12:11]

Great opportunity for the new manager on 13:24 - May 19 with 4720 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Agree with HarryHorse on this. It's not the fact we've released just about everyone, it's the fact that we've hardly anyone left with any experience of playing professional football, or of the club itself. There are supporters who've spent more time on the pitch than some of our players have.

A new manager has to come in, find 15-20 (maybe more if they don't rate some of the players retained) players under Karl's restrictions, work out a system, get that bunch of strangers working and pulling in the same direction, to hit the ground running for the start of the season, and that's without the usual injuries and half the signings not working out for whatever reason.

This is a 2-3 season rebuilding job at best.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Great opportunity for the new manager on 16:15 - May 19 with 4677 viewsTwelveAngryMen

' There are supporters who've spent more time on the pitch than some of our players have. '

#footballfirst

Great opportunity for the new manager on 16:37 - May 19 with 4666 viewsBigbrother

Quality line BBTRR - I really wish this was a great opportunity but am afraid to say it comes back to you can only move forward with a solid base of players and we don't have any at Blackpool. The kids who will still be on the books aren't what you need to bring together a squad of players who will unite behind a manager, push forward together and die for the cause. We have too many journeymen and not enough players who are Blackpool through and through. If last Saturday's dinner proved one thing it's that they are out there, they just need to be found.

I see what you mean Steve but we're not even back to Square One - we're off the board and the chances of any new manager having a list of 16 players ready to come in and want to play for the club is practically impossible.

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Great opportunity for the new manager on 17:54 - May 19 with 4640 viewsseasider13

Team full of strangers,

We'll have a team full of strangers,

Team full of straaaaaaangeeerrrsss,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Great opportunity for the new manager on 19:10 - May 19 with 4609 viewsscu70

Very Few will see it that way Steve because it's a load of rubbish.it really is not a great opportunity for a new manager to come into at all.he will not be backed in the transfer market it's really as simple as that Steve to be perfectly honest it's really not hard to work out that prediction now is it.
Jose Riga wasn't when he came into the club with 7 or 8 players on the books having been promised the chance to rebuild his own squad.the chairmans disastrous record getting transfers over the line speaks for itself really.its quite clear his sole intention along with Owen is to spend as little if anything on Football side of the club.

Being someone who tries to be positive on all things in life I actually found myself fearing for the club's future last night.

Great opportunity for the new manager on 06:02 - May 20 with 4566 viewsOrmerod89

Playing Devil's Advocate - clearly it's a very,very poor reflection of how the club has been run however what an opportunity for a new manager to bring in his own players and form his own squad. Personally I see it more of a positive than a negative for a new man.

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

Great opportunity for the new manager on 12:55 - May 20 with 4541 viewsscu70

How is it a positive for the new man if he's not going to be backed in the transfer market? Which he won't be.
Now if it was at any other club with a chairman willing to back and let the manager build his own squad from scratch then absolutely agree with your comments Ormerod.if I was given a pound everytime "failed to agree personal terms" was mentioned while the chairman was in talks with a player I'd be rich and I'd be quite confident it isn't the player being the greedy one it's the owners who seem to refuse to pay the going rate.

Great opportunity for the new manager on 17:11 - May 20 with 4525 viewsseasider13

Exactly right scu,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Great opportunity for the new manager on 18:10 - May 20 with 4506 viewsWizaard

Great line indeed.

In any other club it might be an opportunity, but let's just see what happens here.

Great opportunity for the new manager on 19:54 - May 20 with 4482 viewsHodderSeasider

I am sorry, this is not the way to run a football club.

You should not, at the end of each season, have to totally rebuild a team. In order to have a successful team you have to have a stable core to your squad, with just a few additions being made each season to enhance the quality.

This will never happen at Blackpool where players are only offered one year contracts with an option of another year in the club's favour! Consequently all the contracts expire at the same time which leaves you back at square one.

Great opportunity for the new manager on 20:47 - May 20 with 4471 viewsHertsseasider

I give up.
Last year was a great opportunity.
So was the year before
And the year before that.
And next year
And the year after that.

It
Will
Not
Change
OO.

"Schools Out London"

Great opportunity for the new manager on 11:01 - May 21 with 4418 viewsPoolman

Herts - few will disagree and that is why this year the manager who does take this job really does have a thankless task. His signing will be crap, his player signing will be on the cheap and if a player is linked and doesn't come it's because he's in Karl's pocket!!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Great opportunity for the new manager on 13:24 - May 21 with 4402 viewsTwelveAngryMen

A good team is better than the sum of its parts
Good management and team spirit play a massive part in a result driven industry
We saw an unbelievable bond that still knitted 15 players together after 5 years on Saturday night
You don't build that in the August transfer window

#footballfirst

Great opportunity for the new manager on 18:54 - May 21 with 4376 viewsclarkestattoo

TAM - very well said - anyone expecting next season will be anything other than a bonding session between 16 unknown players is kidding themselves. Clubs that have got in the play offs, missed out on them or been promoted are already knitted and ready to go. We're already miles behind even at this stage. All we can hope for a is decent Aug/Sep and hope that whoever comes in creates some bond between the players which we can push on from.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

Great opportunity for the new manager on 17:04 - May 22 with 4338 viewstangerinedom

Maybe the task in hand is actually what is putting managers off who don't quite see it like the o/p does!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024