Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would Richie Kyle make a good manager? 06:38 - May 22 with 6642 viewswe_are_Superior

Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Would Richie Kyle make a good manager? on 06:39 - May 22 with 6637 viewswe_are_Superior

Seems he's thrown his hat in the ring .....

Youth team boss Richie Kyle has emerged as the frontrunner to become Blackpool’s new manager after being persuaded to apply for the post.
The former Everton and Blackburn academy coach has been credited with an upturn in fortunes of the club’s teenage sides since moving to Bloomfield Road two years ago.
Sportsmail understands that Kyle had reservations about throwing his name into the ring but was talked into applying, having an interview with chairman Karl Oyston.

He is highly thought of at Bloomfield Road and has held first-term responsibilities. Kyle has been influential in bringing through two talents, Dom Telford and Mark Waddington, who look set to join Premier League Stoke City this summer.
Other prospects Henry Cameron and Harrison McGahey made senior debuts after working with Kyle. McGahey opted for a move to Sheffield United this time last year.
It is a sign of how much the club wanted to keep Kyle that he remained despite a flurry of managerial change on the Fylde Coast over the last two-and-a-half seasons.
Since Ian Holloway departed for Crystal Palace in November 2012, Blackpool have been through Michael Appleton, Paul Ince, Barry Ferguson, Jose Riga and Lee Clark.
The latter tendered his resignation after a humiliating relegation to League One this season.

Blackpool were rock bottom of the Championship for the entire campaign, finishing on a measly 25 points - the joint worst in the division’s history.
Their final game of the season was abandoned after tens of supporters flooded the pitch and stage a sit-in protest at the ownership of the Oyston family - something the club has been charged for.
Clark lifted the lid on his time at the club in an interview with the Guardian on Thursday.
‘The atmosphere that day just showed the disconnect that existed between everyone at the football club: the main stakeholders, the team, the fans, the directors,’ he said.
‘It was tougher than I had seen looking in. A lot of little things that would normally make a club run smoothly made things very, very tough for us. We lost a kit man and he wasn’t replaced.

Lee Clark resigned at Blackpool after guiding the club to a measly 25 points this term in the Championship
‘There were issues with player registrations, travel, accommodation. It is just about getting things done in a proper manner. There always seemed to be something happening that could be prevented, something that would create a negative. As a football manager, they were things I didn’t expect to have to deal with.
‘I wanted recruitment put in place early. What happened at the club was making things even harder — I was going the length and breadth of the UK trying to convince players because they saw negative stories.’
Kyle was a PE teacher at Liverpool’s Archbishop Beck Catholic High School until 2013 after graduating from John Moores University in the city six years before.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Would Richie Kyle make a good manager? on 06:40 - May 22 with 6635 viewsPoolman

I said the other day Kyle with involvement from Ollie would be my choice.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Would Richie Kyle make a good manager? on 07:35 - May 22 with 6621 viewsscratchingshed

He'd be the cheapest option that's for sure.

So based on that alone he will get the job.

Would Richie Kyle make a good manager? on 08:35 - May 22 with 6605 viewsBFC_Tim

Two words - Simon Grayson .. end of the day Ince, Riga and Clark all had management experience and were rubbish .. can't be any worse!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Would Richie Kyle make a good manager? on 11:22 - May 22 with 6592 viewsOrmerod89

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

Would Richie Kyle make a good manager? on 12:44 - May 22 with 6583 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Jeremy Kyle sorts out disfunctional families so maybe Richie can sort out a disfunctional football club!

Strong similarities to Simon Grayson's appointment after he did well with the reserves. Also, all the top foreign managers weren't players... Venger, Murinhio etc so that doesn't bother me.

Would Richie Kyle make a good manager? on 14:21 - May 22 with 6558 viewsBertandErnie

There is so much negativity around at the moment and I think Richie would do a decent job as long as he had the right people around him. Deserves to be rewarded for the work he's done although having seen some of his brightest young things walk out of the door am amazed he's not followed suit!

Would Richie Kyle make a good manager? on 18:57 - May 22 with 6529 viewsBenJen

Interesting how the forums are divided by this - go on the old AVFTT and his name is muck whereas on here there seems a bit more acceptance

Poll: Will PNE win on Sunday - a Head not Heart Poll!

Would Richie Kyle make a good manager? on 07:32 - May 23 with 6496 viewsOrioltwins

Actually the answer to the question is both - I think he'd do a decent job but would be the cheap option!!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024