Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any theories on how we could have avoided going down? 10:10 - May 23 with 4245 viewsPoolman

Everyone must have thought of this over the years since our relegation from the Prem if there was anything we could have done differently? What's everyone's thoughts on it on the day we went down four years ago

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Any theories on how we could have avoided going down? on 10:21 - May 23 with 4241 viewswespens

Always said we needed a better keeper than Richard Kingson and that was part our downfall

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Any theories on how we could have avoided going down? on 11:08 - May 23 with 4230 viewsMr_Brightside

I think sadly individual errors and the fact that Ollie had no Plan B when Prem teams sussed us out in the second half of the season were largely to blame. Turn one draw in to a win and we would have been fine but we had a tendency to panic in the last 10 minutes of games.

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Any theories on how we could have avoided going down? on 12:15 - May 23 with 4216 viewslemongreentea

Ollie not picking the first team at Villa away, who were there for the taking, is one that sticks in my mind.

Any theories on how we could have avoided going down? on 13:58 - May 23 with 4209 viewsWindyMiller

Tend to agree with all the posts on this one .. I actually think by the time we beat Liverpool for the second time everyone just became a little bit complacent and the general feeling was 'we'd done enough'. Beattie and Reid were a disaster (and was it Kornilenko) and so rather than build for the next season and bring in players who would strengthen us, we dealt and just added numbers. Just one more attacking option (or a better goalkeeper) and we'd have got the couple of points we'd have needed.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Any theories on how we could have avoided going down? on 17:32 - May 23 with 4192 viewsgiro

Your best chance was not going up in the first place!

Any theories on how we could have avoided going down? on 17:46 - May 23 with 4190 viewshopinandwishin

We'll remind you of that comment tomorrow night Giro!

How we could have avoided the drop? To my mind the simple answer is that in January we just lost the games we needed to get something from at home .. at Bloomfield Road we lost to Birmingham, Sunderland, West Ham and Wigan - four games where had we have just drawn them we would have comfortably stayed up.

Any theories on how we could have avoided going down? on 10:35 - May 24 with 4177 viewsKOSBowlCut

Was just watching the Hull preview for today and how they need a result against Man United to avoid the drop and ironically at Old Trafford it was in our hands but if there was ever proof of that gap and how the big boys can just turn up to win games it was that one. When you look back at their goals and how we were actually in charge of that game for long periods it was just another example of we never had enough in that team to get us over the line.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024