Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? 16:21 - May 26 with 5117 viewsDevonWhite

http://www.dezeen.com/2015/05/21/herzog-de-meuron-bordeaux-stadium-slender-white

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 17:25 - May 26 with 4986 viewsSterlingArcher

Inside it's basically MK Dons' ground.

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 17:28 - May 26 with 4977 viewsGloucs_R

Or Readings

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 17:38 - May 26 with 4946 viewsBasingstokeR

Not as rectangular as much as I'd like inside!

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 17:42 - May 26 with 4933 viewsTacticalR

At least it's rectangular. It reminds me of the John F. Kennedy Center in Washington
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/10791565

The Bordelais seem to have no constraints on their stadium location and design, whereas we need a stadium that fits in with the urban landscape.

Air hostess clique

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 17:48 - May 26 with 4914 viewsBasingstokeR

I'd prefer not to have a ground where they can describe the inside seating as a "bowl"

"The building's structure is not visible from inside the bowl — the intention was to avoid distracting the spectators' attention. Instead, a layer of acoustic panels help to improve the quality of sound."

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 17:54 - May 26 with 4899 viewsBklynRanger

White's not practical, we'll be washing it all the time. Better to have it in black, like our souls.

By the time we're ready for a new stadium it'll be all hover-seats and holo-beers anyway.

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 18:22 - May 26 with 4832 viewsswitchingcode

Far too big

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 19:52 - May 26 with 4743 viewsWeaverQPR

life in the doldrums does not require a new ground

@WeavQPR

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 20:01 - May 26 with 4719 viewsHayesender

The way our club is being run by the worst chairman in living memory (even Paladini) we won't need a new ground as there won't be a club to fill it

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 20:06 - May 26 with 4701 viewsQPR_John

For the sake of argument suppose FFP stays in its current form then without a new ground the doldrums might be wishful thinking

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 21:34 - May 26 with 4531 viewsbosh67

If we took the roof off Loftus Road and put a new one on that houses the boxes we could have more seats and safe standing - and get 22,000+ in which would and will be probably all we ever need.

Basically we don't need to leave Loftus Road. We once crammed 36,000 in the space the ground occupies. Obviously not safely but we could get 20,000+ with some serious refurbishment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 22:28 - May 26 with 4408 viewsPunteR

I like it. That design looks like it could work at Loftus rd, keeping the same footprint. The columns design would keep the access clear around the stadium but support more seats higher up.
Will never happen though sadly.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 22:35 - May 26 with 4383 viewsHadders

Stunning! Imagine walking towards that for a night game. Speaking of beauty, this tiny one in Hungary is not too hideous either. I am not sure we want to emulate either of these in particular, but to have something equally stylish and unique would be wonderful. Though in truth, I would prefer us to stay in our lovely dump...

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=small+new+stadium+hungary&view=detailv2&&&id
[Post edited 26 May 2015 22:37]

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 23:28 - May 26 with 4309 viewsderbyhoop

I'm looking to go to Bordeaux for one of the Group games at Euro 2016. Looks impressive.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 08:36 - May 27 with 4139 viewsblacky200

But the infrastructure around the stadium is awful. I remember the days of standing and it would take over an hour just to get 3 miles away.
Loftus road is not feasible and not in line with what we need. 40,000 might seem too much but remember that the plan is to have it as a concert venue too. We can't have a ground that is only used for football if we are serious about QPR becoming a proper Premier league team. We will need that extra revenue (and it will probably bring in more money than football supporters) if we are to move on and thrive.

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 14:39 - May 27 with 4034 viewsthemodfather

dont like that bordeaux design, not for me
def been better pics of euro grounds put up....still if £175m in debt and i ask, where will we get £300m?? to buy a new ground...???never happening.

Can we copy Bordeaux's new ground? on 17:49 - May 27 with 3969 viewsolderR

No No.

We are not going to have a football stadium.

It's a convention centre/hotel/music venue/business centre with a 3G mat we roll out on the dance floor every other Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024