Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Konchesky signs 20:02 - Aug 4 with 20960 viewsDevonWhite

[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 20:03]

Konchesky signs on 20:08 - Aug 4 with 11188 viewsfreddieeddie

Fantastic signing, well done QPR. Can't be soft in this league. Green, Konchesky, Perch, Onohua, Hill......I like it, I like it a lot.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Konchesky signs on 20:08 - Aug 4 with 11179 viewsqueensparker

Phew. Decent loan that, that's the end of Hill at left back hopefully

Would rather have Yun there as first choice though.

Konchesky signs on 20:10 - Aug 4 with 11063 viewsRANGERS4EVER

My defensive nerves are starting to ease....

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Konchesky signs on 20:12 - Aug 4 with 11015 viewswgchoop

Yep happy with that
In Chris and Les we trust 😜

Konchesky signs on 20:12 - Aug 4 with 11011 viewsDevonWhite

Really? I think he's rubbish. Inconsistent and loves a hospital backpass. I suppose he's experienced, and it's an area we're short in, but still...

Just told two Fulham and Leicester supporting mates and they both think he's dreadful as well.

Konchesky signs on 20:15 - Aug 4 with 10958 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I look at more as a loan move, not a waste of money, another back up which we need, and possibly a good bit of influence of Kwepkwa and Yun when/if needed. Sensible.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Konchesky signs on 20:15 - Aug 4 with 10952 viewsBklynRanger

Seems like a sensible loan option.

Konchesky signs on 20:24 - Aug 4 with 10803 viewsvegasranger

Horrible signing. 34 years old, very tired old iron in the fire.

Konchesky signs on 20:24 - Aug 4 with 10795 viewsDorse

He'll give us an option at LB until Robinson is back in the picture and that's no bad thing. Might mean Kpekewa is going to play in the middle. Still like to see a first choice CB too but pleased with this signing.

Hardly recognised him with hair.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Konchesky signs on 20:24 - Aug 4 with 10796 viewskingsburyR

Looks fu(kin evil on the offy pictures!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Konchesky signs on 20:27 - Aug 4 with 10733 viewsHAYESBOY

Waste of a loan in my opinion.

We have Yun, Traore and Koepkwa(?) with Hill as back up.
I have liked the look of Koepkwa at left back. Thought we were going to give the kids a chance?
We need centre backs.

I can only think that Traore is off and Yun is a long way off fitness.
Would still have started Koepkwa at left back Saturday.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Konchesky signs on 20:29 - Aug 4 with 10692 viewsMarc

Yun will be off I reckon

Not one of Ramseys favourites and I think he prefers defenders that will be able to communicate in English

Konchesky signs on 20:29 - Aug 4 with 10687 viewsDougal_RBlock

This is a good signing.....
Why???? For starters, the experience alone will help the younger defenders in the squad
He still keeps himself fit..... and he takes no prisoners!!!!!
Has a cracking shot on him and a decent cross.

It's only a loan, so havent spent a fortune and doubt hes on huge wages.

For the ones moaning already, who were you expecting us to get in???
Leighton Baines????

Konchesky signs on 20:33 - Aug 4 with 10605 viewsDevonWhite

I'd prefer we played one of the kids than someone like Konchesky. I'm not saying we should be going out and spunking a load on a top quality left back - just that signing a decrepit thing like Konchesky seems pointless (and very Redknapp era-QPR). Let's pray that Robinson is back sooner rather than later.

Konchesky signs on 20:34 - Aug 4 with 10600 viewsrunningman75

I am happy think he will play for the shirt.

Konchesky signs on 20:35 - Aug 4 with 10573 viewsMarc

He's out until the new year, and even then will need plenty of time to get back to full fitness

Konchesky signs on 20:38 - Aug 4 with 10531 viewsBklynRanger

Yun's been out all summer. Even if he got better tomorrow he'd be weeks away from being fit.

Traore is a lazy basket case.

So that leaves this experience left back who can slot in and do a job, and Kepekwa (?) who can compete with him for a place and learn a bit from him in training, hopefully.

Konchesky signs on 20:40 - Aug 4 with 10501 viewsMaggsinho

Robinson is out until April, Yun is injured and Traore will leave I think.

Think of Konchesky as a place filler for the season until Robinson returns rather than relying on a youngster playing his first games.

Can wave goodbye at the end of the season and start 2016 with Robinson and Kpekawa as our left backs.

Konchesky signs on 20:41 - Aug 4 with 10470 viewsWilloW4

"Waste of a loan in my opinion, we have traore..."what the feck are you on about..? This is a good shout for us... What is your reasoning for even mentioning traore?.. A terrible player and maybe, just maybe, he's not up to playing a couple of games a week on the grounds that he doesn't fancy it....Traore stinks of everything that's been wrong with Rangers... I'd have Paul all day long before Traore.

Konchesky signs on 20:44 - Aug 4 with 10421 viewsgigiisourgod

I think it is important we bleed kids in the team but crucially it must be in the right environment. Green, Perch, Onouha and Konchesky add that experienced base I feel is important for the younger players to blossom. I think it is a good loan signing although agree it is against the general direction of our summer transfer policy, but will add some necessary grit and determination to the team.

Konchesky signs on 20:54 - Aug 4 with 10286 viewsadhoc_qpr

Agree with this, ideally we don't want Furlong and kpekawa to play more than 10 games next season to bed them in slowly and see if they look likely to make the step up.

Konchesky on loan is ideal so we can be solid enough now and not have to throw youth teamers to the wolves.

Konchesky signs on 20:56 - Aug 4 with 10267 viewsdistortR

Kk is very young and has little to no league experience. Certainly a good prospect, but chucking him in with no plan b would be very risky, and if it went tits up ramsey would be crucified. Happy with this bit of business.

Konchesky signs on 20:56 - Aug 4 with 10256 viewsqpr1976

I'm guessing -.

Konchesky will be the 1st choice LB, even when all other are fit.
Yun & Robinson will be considered once fully fit. (one possibly to go on a short term loan to prove fitness)
Traore will likely be shipped out perm or on loan once (if ever) fit.
Hill will no longer be asked to cover LB, but will cover CB's instead.
Kpekawa is not ready yet (another loan out ? Like Harriman)

I think Konchesky will do us proud for a season, whilst Yun, Robinson & Kpekawa find the natural order for the future.

Konchesky signs on 20:58 - Aug 4 with 10226 viewsNorthernr

Not impressed, but better than nothing which is what the injuries have left us with I guess.

Konchesky signs on 20:59 - Aug 4 with 10211 viewsBklynRanger

Just watched his interview:

He said he talked to Danny Simpson before he signed and he had nothing but good things to say.

Mentioned his experience a couple of times, how he's played over 500 games .

Said he wants to play every week (obviously he's not Traore).

Talked about how he and QPR both want to get straight back into the Premier League and that's what he thinks the club should be targetting.

Seemed genuinely excited about Saturday's match - "Can't wait, will bring back a few memories" .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024