Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
early ko's...humbug! 12:11 - Jan 22 with 3544 viewsthemodfather

always seems to kill any atmosphere ( not hard these days) .....usually a tough game v wolves.

early ko's...humbug! on 12:42 - Jan 22 with 2999 viewsstowmarketrange

It's even worse if you don't finish work until 6am tomorrow morning.A couple of hours kip at most and down on the train to watch a game with zero atmosphere and not a lot riding on it.

I thought it would be a 3pm kick off,a couple of beers and a nice stroll to see the big yin at hammersmith tomorrow night.Now there is a whole 4 hours drinking with my beer monster brother before probably falling asleep and missing the punch lines.
Thanks Sky.cnts.

early ko's...humbug! on 13:18 - Jan 22 with 2931 viewsRangersw12

The only positive is you get the rubbish(football) out of the way early and then you have longer drinking time in the afternoon

early ko's...humbug! on 13:32 - Jan 22 with 2908 viewsPinnerPaul

Get home in the light for the first time in ages!

For saddos like me who still like to watch MOTD without knowing scores its a bonus as well!

No time in the morning to do any chores around the house

List is endless!

early ko's...humbug! on 14:17 - Jan 22 with 2861 viewsPigbag

I saw him the other night, he won't disappoint. Legend.

early ko's...humbug! on 14:50 - Jan 22 with 2819 viewsthemodfather

straight to work after game so no beers for me...doh, sober footy is not good....

early ko's...humbug! on 15:01 - Jan 22 with 2800 viewsisawqpratwcity

Apologies to all you 'Old Worlders', but us antipodeans (WA excepted) happen to like the 12.30 kick-offs. 11.30 pm AEST (10.30 pm in Brizzy, 9.30 pm in NZ) kick-offs are as close to civilised as we get. Those damn 5.30 pm (your time) ko's are a real bitch: either finally go to bed at 6.30 am Sunday, or else set the alarm for 4.30 am Sunday morning.

Ok, you can all resume fulminating. My unwelcome observation of appreciation is finished.

(Nb. previously posted on wrong thread)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

early ko's...humbug! on 15:26 - Jan 22 with 2778 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Well,l every cloud I suppose!

early ko's...humbug! on 17:25 - Jan 22 with 2713 viewsrichranger

Can't go because I work Saturday mornings Humbug indeed!

early ko's...humbug! on 18:05 - Jan 22 with 2672 viewsrongould

One time there was an early ko that I really loved
K.O 11 am
QPR 6 Scum 0
Loved that one.

early ko's...humbug! on 18:20 - Jan 22 with 2654 viewsDorse

Stowmarket's brother? Really?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

early ko's...humbug! on 19:30 - Jan 22 with 2606 viewsPinnerPaul

Wasn't the "John Terry" 1-0 also early?

early ko's...humbug! on 21:19 - Jan 22 with 2522 viewsHayesender

Likewise. As a postie I'm gonna have to rush round like a blue arse fly tomorrow just to see the 2nd half on the box.

So that's tomorrow and the Fulham game fcked up thanks to sky

Poll: Shamima Beghum

early ko's...humbug! on 21:59 - Jan 22 with 2492 viewspaulparker

Do what I'm doing Hayesender
I'm recording the game, will not watch any football or listen to the radio do I can avoid the result
I will then watch the game around 6pm as if I'm watching it live so I can have a beer and shout at the telly

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

early ko's...humbug! on 22:12 - Jan 22 with 2476 viewsTacticalR

This means I'll have to go bed early and if there is one thing I detest it is going to bed early.

Air hostess clique

early ko's...humbug! on 23:20 - Jan 22 with 2432 viewsdistortR

No chance of any pubs round my way showing it when the mickeys are on as well.

early ko's...humbug! on 02:54 - Jan 23 with 2379 viewsstowmarketrange

That was a 4pm kick off.

early ko's...humbug! on 05:07 - Jan 23 with 2357 viewsMatch82

Those of us based in the U.S. don't!
630am start in Chicago so that's a 530am train to get down to the one pub showing it. Drunk by 9am, lovely jubbly.

early ko's...humbug! on 05:49 - Jan 23 with 2341 viewsisawqpratwcity

Q. "Why are you drunk at 9 am?"
A. "I support QPR."

Fair enough.

early ko's...humbug! on 06:13 - Jan 23 with 2330 viewsozranger

Don't know where the Kiwis are, probably asleep. It would be 1:30am in Kiwiland, not 9:30. 8:30pm in WA must be great! Anyway, there are a cupla pubs showing it here - Turf in Melbourne, Royal Exhibition in Sydney and Pig'n'whistle in Brissie. Where I am there is nothing so hoping for a good feed on the internet - cricfree.tv has it for those interested.

early ko's...humbug! on 06:25 - Jan 23 with 2324 viewsisawqpratwcity

Lol, I am f*cking hopeless on tjme zones! I have to post to a thread, then compare my watch with what time LFW says it arrived to know how long kick-off is away!

Of course, it's all Queensland's fault. They reckon they've got so much daylight, they don't have to save it.

early ko's...humbug! on 07:00 - Jan 23 with 2308 viewsJonDoeman

Agree Modfather . they are shit . Why aren't we getting any of the Friday nights at home ? They'll probably leave us alone now anyway.

It Is What It Is !!

early ko's...humbug! on 09:31 - Jan 23 with 2220 viewsBrianMcCarthy

As a kid back in the 80's before mobiles and all that high-falutin' jazz my routine was to dash from the Loft as soon as the final whistle went and before the scores came up, put in the earphones, avoid all contact with humanity on the train home and watch MOTD in blissful ignorance of the day's other scores.

That was fine until my Mother - in an endearing attempt to join in the sporty camaraderie - would start commenting on scores she heard on the radio. No matter how many times I tried to explain it, she'd keep doing it, bless her. it came to a head one evening when I returned after a good Rangers result. Whether Arsenal won, drew or lost that day was important for Rangers and I'd warned her that morning that on no account should she blab a word of the score. She got the hump. Did I think she was stupid or what?

She met me at the door on my return:-

'Mom, not a peep!!!'

She took off in a huff towards the kitchen...

'Honest to God, I think sometimes that ye think I'm an imbecile, that I haven't a spark of sense in my head, how I got to this age without yeer help I don't know...this is the thanks I get...treated like a fool in my own house.......(about thirty seconds later)...it's not as if there was any goals in the stupid match anyway....'!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

early ko's...humbug! on 09:32 - Jan 23 with 2216 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I shouldn't ask, but...mickeys?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

early ko's...humbug! on 09:34 - Jan 23 with 2214 viewsTacticalR

Parents can be very hard to control.

Air hostess clique

early ko's...humbug! on 09:45 - Jan 23 with 2197 viewsisawqpratwcity

The other match at that time is Norwich-Liverpool. At risk of getting you upset, which team do you think he is referring to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024