Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice needed 15:50 - Mar 17 with 2468 viewsHordleHoop

My 16 yr old son came off his scooter last week and in doing so his bike slid into an oncoming Land Rover, quite slowly, the Land Rover had come to a stop.
My son was a bit shaken up so the guy dropped him at the nearby farm where he wAs doing work experience, but they didn't exchange details as there didn't appear to be any damage.
He has since then fracked my son down and is claiming damages for a new bumper assembly (underneath bit) approx £600
My sons insurance policy states any accident should be reported within 24 hours.
If I now phone up to report now, would my insurance be invalid (9 days ago now)?
Any advice please?

Advice needed on 15:54 - Mar 17 with 2447 viewsJeff

Your insurance will still be valid, Yes.

without seeing your insurance documents, the 24 hour thing relates to reporting to the police the accident, if any police reporting is required (failing to stop, injury etc.)

Statute of limitation on claims is 3 years from 'date of knowledge of accident' - so you can absolutely claim on / go through your insurance.

Can we not knock it?

Advice needed on 16:04 - Mar 17 with 2424 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is how my policy works, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Advice needed on 16:11 - Mar 17 with 2389 viewsHordleHoop

Thank you!

Advice needed on 16:55 - Mar 17 with 2308 viewsJuzzie

Yes, agree with the above too.

In any event, even if the other party said "nah, don't worry about it" I would still contact my insurance company anyway, not to make a claim but just to make them aware just in case the other party wanted to try something shifty later on.

This happened to a work colleague a few months ago. A slight coming together and the other person said "nothing to worry about, no need to exchange details" etc.
She mentioned it to me the next day and I said "tell your insurance company so at least your side of the events is immediately on record and you have shown openess by contacting them".

Good job too as the dodgy fuker then tried to make a claim a week or so later making up all sorts of bull$hit thinking she hadn't done anything.

[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 17:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024