Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... 10:45 - Aug 5 with 3519 viewsJeff

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-michael-doughty-swindon-town-loan-

The guy's now 24. Just release the poor sod and let him sign for them permanently like Max Ehmer did at Gillingham. if we're not going to play him this season, we're never going to play him.

this does also mean that we only have four central midfielders in Borysiuk, Cousins, Luongo and Henry - maybe some game time for Sandro after all :)

Can we not knock it?

Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 3498 viewsAntti_Heinola

or does it mean a new signing is imminent?

Bare bones.

Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... on 10:52 - Aug 5 with 3480 viewsDorse

Ah bloody hell. I thought he was going to get a go this year.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 3456 viewsLblock

How odd.

I agree though...if he has no future here then lets play fair. I was hoping he'd kick on and feature but at 23 years old it seems the exit looms

Good luck at Swindle Micky

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... on 11:02 - Aug 5 with 3434 viewsdannyblue

I've always quite liked what I've seen of him, and thought he could definitely hold his own as one of four central midfielders in a championship squad.

Sadly Les and JFH think otherwise, although of course they're in a much better place to judge...

Good luck to him.

Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... on 11:23 - Aug 5 with 3362 viewsdaveB

Probably harsh to judge him on a training session but watched him on Tuesday at the open day and when they did the pressing drill he was very slow and never won the ball back and his shooting was powder puff.

I think he's probably a very good player in league one but 4th or 5th in line here at a stage when he is going to want to play every week so I think best for him to move on.

Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... on 16:31 - Aug 5 with 3134 viewsderbyhoop

Probably a recognition that he is never going to be better than L1 standard.

Also, IMHO, points to another incoming.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... on 18:11 - Aug 5 with 3061 viewsWatford_Ranger

Deja vu. Still don't see what Henry offers that he can't do.

Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... on 12:44 - Aug 6 with 2893 viewsRoller

I think the writing was on the wall when he didn't get his chance last season. I thought he brought a lot of energy to the team when he did play and was always talking to those around him.

Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... on 12:52 - Aug 6 with 2879 viewsdaveB

loan rules have changed this season as well so it's harder to do short term loans

Doughty Back at Swindon on Season Long Loan... on 13:24 - Aug 6 with 2848 viewsDorse

Henry can belch the alphabet whilst doing the lambada.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024