Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandro 16:25 - Aug 31 with 5245 viewsbrewers_hoop

No-one come in for him yet if you believe this publication and its supposed quote from his agent. http://sportwitness.co.uk/exclusive-qpr-player-no-offers-leave-championship-hard

What if he's still here after the window closes? Does Jimmy play him or let him train with the kids?

My personal view is there's a shed-load of games in the Championship, not to mention our cup run, so I'd be inclined to use him when needed providing his attitude is right. If he puts in a few decent displays like the one against Rochdale he may attract a few suitors in January.

Sandro on 16:30 - Aug 31 with 5218 viewsTacticalR

Keep him in his original packaging and only bring him out to score in cup ties.

Air hostess clique

Sandro on 16:42 - Aug 31 with 5141 viewsadhoc_qpr

If no one buys him, then just treat him like any other squad player - let him train with everyone else and Jimmy can pick him if he wants too.

We're paying his wages regardless, we might as well try and get something out of him.

You never know, he claims his knee is now fine so he might even contribute on the pitch.

Sandro on 16:43 - Aug 31 with 5135 viewsNorthernr

In theory you play him. In practice I'm not convinced it would work.

1 - Because whatever he says, whatever that doctor reckons, he's not fit to play. He wasn't fit to play at Spurs, and he's never been fit to play here.

He signed for Spurs at the start of 2010/11 and since then these are the number of appearances (some of which will have been as a sub) he's managed each season since then.

2010/11 - 27 out of 53 Spurs games played
2011/12 - 27 out of 53
2012/13 - 27 out of 54
2013/14 - 25 out of 54 (leaves Spurs at this point, 24 of the apps since 2010 are as sub)
2014/15 - 18 out of 40
2015/16 - 24 out of 48 (of which 6 lasted less than four minutes)
2016/17 - 1 out of 7

So since he arrived in this country he has been unavailable to play in 160 of the 309 games his teams have been involved in. Almost exactly half. If his knees are like brand shiny new knees and everybody else is wrong and how dare they doubt him and his fitness... then what the fck is wrong with him then?

Either he suddenly, eight years and two major knee injuries plus God knows what besides, is able to play a 46 game Championship season for us, despite never managing to make it to 30 games in a season since he came to the country.... or we're going to be swapping the team around a lot to accommodate him. Sorry Karl, Jordan, Massimo or whoever it is, Sandro's up off his death bed this week so off to the bench you go. Doesn't work, disrupts the team, pisses people off - Magilton did with Fitz Hall, disaster.

2 - Everything Kenny Jackett says in Living on The Volcano.

You can't have these players around the squad when you're in the situation we're in now. You can't have people earning 10 times as much as other people doing the same job, you can't have people who are desperate to move away, you can't have people with history. You have to remove them from the group, or the group doesn't function. We saw this last year with Sandro, Fer, Green etc. It doesn't work. Looks great on paper, who wouldn't want Sandro in the Championship? But doesn't work, generally speaking.

And even if it did, if he was playing he'd have no incentive to leave, and we can't afford him.

Hopefully this is the usual LFW precursor to him winning the Player of the Year award.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Sandro on 16:48 - Aug 31 with 5086 viewspaulparker

to this day im convinced Levy & Arry worked out a deal so they both got something out of this terrible transfer , everyone knew on this MB it was a crazy/poor piece of business at the time so why didn't TF , he well and truly got done over by them two

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sandro on 16:55 - Aug 31 with 5048 viewsadhoc_qpr

I agree with all of that and you'r e probably spot on.

But if you wanted to be wildly optimistic, i'd say we don't need him to play 46 games with Borysiuk, Cousins, Henry, Luongo ahead of him. We just need him as cover/rotation/a bench option.

Also, going by the players reactions to Sandro on twitter after he scored those 2 goals in the cup game, he isn't unpopular with his squad mates (quite the opposite) so there might not be the huge resentment/split.

Sandro on 16:57 - Aug 31 with 5034 viewsbrewers_hoop

Well, when you put it like that...

I did put in the caveat about his attitude being right and only when needed (i.e. to give someone a breather or coming off the bench for a goal-scoring cameo) but take your point about it being bad for morale.

I just think if we're paying him all that dosh we might as well get a bit back here and there rather than him just sitting on his 'arris.

Sandro on 17:30 - Aug 31 with 4910 viewsNW10Hoop

Bomb him out. Some of our fans jizzing themselves over his performance against Rochdale. Rochdale FFS - He earns more per week than their entire squad. A player like him should absolutely tear up the Championship, but at best he'll play 60 minutes of 20 games. Can we just put him somewhere out of the way until his contract runs out?

Sandro on 17:34 - Aug 31 with 4885 viewsjohncharles

How a about a landfill ?
It's funny how some rubbish costs you more to get rid of than you paid for it originally.

Strong and stable my arse.

Sandro on 22:01 - Aug 31 with 4543 viewsMarylandR

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/31/report-bologna-set-to-sign-qpr-midfielder-s

We'll see shortly if any truth to this I suppose...

Sandro on 22:11 - Aug 31 with 4467 viewsted_hendrix

He'll get injured on the way over there, or forget his passport or visa or one of his bloody fcking knees.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sandro on 22:57 - Aug 31 with 4240 viewsjonno

Take him to the nearest vet and have him put down as a mercy killing. Then claim on the insurance. What do you mean, we don't have any?

Sandro on 07:32 - Sep 1 with 3857 viewsbosh67

Did anything happen? Surely best to terminate his contract by mutual agreement leaving him a free agent to find a team. That's 2-3 transfer windows and no one actually wants to buy the guy. I like him when he plays so he either has to get in with playing for us or simply leave and find another club on a free.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sandro on 08:28 - Sep 1 with 3731 viewsLblock

So let's say he's on around the £50k a week mark -- one of Bungles finest hours.
That's £2.6MILLION a year and I understand he's got around another 2 years to run on his "deal". It's therefore a cash flow thang as you can be sure he'll want paying for every contracted hour so finding £5.2mill as a one hit won't be in the forward plan.
It's painful but I can see the club wiping their face and continuing with him in the forlorn hope some lunatic will offer us two bob and a conker for him. I'm all for the Kenny Jackett approach and hope to push him out of the club whilst keeping him away from polluting the squad BUT he may for some reason be a popular figure so that risks discord

It's a hideous state of affairs and it's another large nail in the coffin of the sickly Sky world of modern day football for me

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sandro on 09:30 - Sep 1 with 3629 viewsQPR_Jim

I'd be tempted to offer him half his wages (say 25k a week) to leave, freeing up wages for a couple of players and getting him off our books and away from the club. I'd pay it weekly as well, not lump sum so in effect he can find another club to make up the short fall and he may even get some game time, knees allowing.

Basically he just needs to FO and if we can half our liability whilst he does it then that's a bonus, if not we should Kenny Jackett the hell out of him until he wants to leave.

Sandro on 09:37 - Sep 1 with 3613 viewsNorthernr

And he'd accept that because?

Sandro on 09:38 - Sep 1 with 3610 viewsElHoop

Looks as if we might have been trying to unload him to Bologna last night but presumably we failed.

Sandro on 10:05 - Sep 1 with 3554 viewsstevec

I applaud everything we've done in the transfer market this summer.

Bidwell, Lynch and Cousins have shown they can cut it at this level, the more recent signings are certainly at a decent price and the right way to go.

However, perhaps it's time we stepped back from slaughtering anyone who's been on a huge wage packet. Can't argue with the fact it's been justified but we are down to the solitary footballer left in that bracket, Sandro, and maybe it's time we put an arm round him and encouraged him to fill that centre midfield like the player he should be, that is the finest central midfielder in the Championship. The man is a class act, albeit a damaged one. If he's here then he should be in the team. Give him a chance and hope he takes it.

Sandro on 10:32 - Sep 1 with 3517 viewsDWQPR

I find it mystifying that everyone knows how much a footballer is earning, whether there is a relegation clause or not etc. At this moment, Sandro is fit and although his injury record is appalling from whenever I have seen him he has never put in a performance that mirrored the likes of Boswinga or SWP. And I don't believe for one instance that he is another Daniel Sturridge in crying of whenever he has broken a finger nail. Ultimately it is not his fault that whatever he is being paid, he is being paid, blame TF, Candleface and Beard for that. Many might remember that his injury problems really started from a game down at HQ when he done his knee. But despite his injury record we still signed him, typically a lazy option by Redknapp rather than scouring the leagues and listening to people like Kevin Hitchcock who gave him the tip off for Deli Alli.

And it is not Sandro's fault that he still remains at QPR. My view for what it is worth is that if he improves the team then play him, watching the Rochdale game he certainly did not seem to effect the dynamic of the team and based on the reaction of the players when he scored he certainly seems a very popular person in the squad. Let's hope he remains fit and if so let's hope the club can benefit either on the field or his eventual transfer/departure.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sandro on 10:49 - Sep 1 with 3487 viewshoof_hearted

If we had a few ex PL prima donnas they could create a problem clique. Not one man on his own. That would make him a cnt of Bogarde-like standards.

He seems to be a popular bloke and I've always been an apologist for the one man health crisis so I will choose to be optimistic and expect him to be our star man until January when he is sold for £10m.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 10:56]

Sandro on 10:54 - Sep 1 with 3475 viewsPlanetHonneywood

This is a fair assessment DW.

We're - and be 'we're' I really mean me - slowly moving on from the fact that Tony Pony was an awful, clueless chairman at times, and to that end, maybe Les has been the reality check he needed.

But I don't know of one QPR fan who thought signing Sandro was a good idea at the time. All that has happened, is that the overwhelming collective prediction of the Rfosi has merely proved correct. It shows what a total novice TF was and how appallingly naive the club were under Saggy Chops.

But I don't think we're going to make such mistakes again. An expensive lesson learned. Hopefully!

Not sure how long Sandro's contract runs for, but if we want to offload him, then I think we need to have him playing some or, ask Traore's agent to help out. Sandro is clearly a decent enough player, but in medical terms, he's f....d, but if he is out of sight, then he is out of mind and we'll be stuck with him until the end of his contract.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sandro on 11:00 - Sep 1 with 3452 viewsQPR_Jim

All depends on how confident he is of getting a new contract somewhere on a decent wage and or wanting to play football. So given that it's Sandro he probably wouldn't.

I suppose I see it from a fans point of view where I'd love to be paid to play football and would probably move to be able to play every week. He might be more worried about retiring without arthritis in his knees and a healthy bank balance.

Sandro on 13:48 - Sep 1 with 3304 viewsingeminate

I struggle to see the argument against having him as reserve for when midfield either suffers injuries or loss of form.

If we don't play him then the chances of selling him surely reduce. If he plays here and there then there is at least a chance of off-loading in January.

Not sure I understand your suggestion that if he is playing regularly he will have no incentive for moving on. Id have thought he'd prefer to play top flight football if at all possible.

Re Kenny jacket's theory, I'd agree if you could then get him out the club like he did with Henry/O'Hara. But we have had no such luck with Sandro. He'll never take a pay off so we must be able to find a better way than just letting him rot in the reserves.

FitzHall is a good example, only thing there is for me Fitz Hall routinely played badly. If and its a big if Sandro could play well then I think other players would be more accepting of his injury woes.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024