Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? 11:03 - Sep 20 with 24453 viewsDiscodroids

Could be our First County Championship Title Since 1993. Im Watching the Winner take all decider Vs Yorkshire over the next 4 days Like a crazed Alex in his eye clamps @Clockwork Orange .
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 11:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 11:12 - Sep 20 with 11226 viewsozexile

About time. I grew up with us winning every year. Gatting, Emburey, Edmonds, Downton, cowans. Quality.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 11:18 - Sep 20 with 11223 viewsDiscodroids

What a side that was. Roland Butcher, Grahame Barlow , Wayne Daniel..
Even though im an Essex Boy ive always supported Middle since the Days of Mike Brearley.

Not a great start two wickets down already.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 11:25 - Sep 20 with 11214 viewsozexile

Then young Fraser came in just as the spinners were retiring. Very very underrated bowler.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 12:12 - Sep 20 with 11180 viewsMrSheen

I'd be at Lord's five or six times a season in my summer holidays, six stops down the line from Dollis Hill, about a £1.50 for a day of county championship. Though I supported Middlesex, I would always try and get to see Gloucestershire, to watch Mike Proctor off his ridiculous run-up and Zaheer bat. Not sure I would have let my own son to spend all day with a few hundred single old men when he was 12 though.

Clive Radley, the king of grind!

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 12:29 - Sep 20 with 11155 viewsDiscodroids

Must have been wonderful to see Proctor play. Ive always wondered How the Likes Of Clive Rice, Vincent van der bilj, Garth Le roux , Ken Mckewan and Proctor Wouls have fared if they had played Test Cricket in their prime.

Good memories of Clive Radley..

I must get off this sofa and do some work , the cricket has rendered me incapacitated drinking coffee and eating custard creams.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:23 - Sep 20 with 11098 viewsplasmahoop

Yes, hopefully Middlesex can do it. Not so sure they will though. Think they may come to regret being a bit defensive in the last game at Lancashire, but I hope I'm wrong. Definitely time for some silverware, won the 20/20 a few years back but not a lot else

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:05 - Sep 20 with 11061 viewsDiscodroids

Good to see a few other Middle supporters on here.

As long as young Gubbins hangs on in there to get us to a 250 total , i'll be happy with that.

111-4 .

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:24 - Sep 20 with 11021 viewsCamberleyR

Barry Richards was the biggest miss to Test Cricket in the 70s I reckon. Played just the four tests against Australia in early 1970 before the isolation began but averaged 72 with two 100s and two 50s. He was a great player for Hampshire in the first half of the 1970s but it probably came too easy to him facing county attacks and it wasn't enough of a challenge.

I did actally see him play live once in a John Player Sunday league game at Basingstoke in 1975 against Warwickshire. He didn't get many runs as Hampshire were skittled out for about 90 and Warwicks wrapped the game up pretty quick losing about four wickets.

There were certainly a lot of overseas stars at Basingstoke that day though. Richards, Gordon Greenidge and Andy Roberts for Hants and Alvin Kallicharran, Deryck Murray and Rohan Kanhai for Warwicks. I managed to get most of their autographs on my recently purchased pride and joy Gray-Nicolls bat after the game bar Richards and Kanhai.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:30 - Sep 20 with 11008 viewsDWQPR

Shafted a couple of times early in the summer by the weather in games that we would have won. Would be great to see Middlesex win the county championship. They have gradually been building the team over the last few years.

Remember back to the late seventies when we dominated the competition with Brearley as captain and the likes of Graham Barlow, Clive Radley, the spin twins of Emburey and Edmonds, Gatts, who wasn't so fat, Paul Downton, Mike Selvey, Wayne Daniel, Roland Butcher and the now departed Wilf Slack, who is laid to rest in Greenford Cemetery. They would even wheel dear old Fred Titmus out on the odd occasion when numbers got thin due to international call-ups.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:34 - Sep 20 with 11002 viewsColombiR

One here.
Woke up at 5am to follow.
So very tempted to fly back for the four days.
Reasonably happy with the start but it can go awry very quickly.
Very aggressive line-up from Yorkshire; could go one of two ways.
Glad for the absence of Bairstow, Rashid, Lehman and Plunkett.
I think we've done enough to deserve it...fantastic advert for county cricket!
Come on the Sex!

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:55 - Sep 20 with 10980 viewsBoston

Did you blow whistles and bang empty coke cans together?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 15:02 - Sep 20 with 10971 viewsDiscodroids

Neil williams the fast bowler was another from those great days. Sadly died very young.

edit bollox lost another wicket

154 -5

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 15:05 - Sep 20 with 10965 viewsjohnhoop

Never seen Gubbins bat before but on the evidence of this innings he's looked a really class opener against a very strong Yorkshire pace attack.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:15 - Sep 20 with 10900 viewsAndyB

Another here - watching on BBC updates.
Was hoping for four day wash-out in both games to settle the nerves.

Just as worrying is Somerset - playing crap team and are 280-2.

Anyone know the points situation given that Somerset will win?
Doesn't that mean that a no result at Lords gives them the title?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:27 - Sep 20 with 10886 viewseasthertsr

Disco! I knew there had to be ONE thing that I agree with you. I'm a big Middlesex cricket man going back a hell of a long way! Fingers crossed for the boys , am going to try and get to the game later in the week. Somerset scoring runs for fun at Taunton, means we probably have to win to get the title!

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:31 - Sep 20 with 10882 viewsCamberleyR

Somerset look well on the way to maximum bonus batting points and if they go on to win the game they're looking at 22-23 points minimum which would give them 225-226 total points. As it stands currently I'd say that Middx have to win.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:57 - Sep 20 with 10860 viewsOldOakHoop

Fond memories of Gus in his pomp, backed up by that alleged advocate of exotic herbs and spices, young Master Tufnell.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:03 - Sep 20 with 10846 viewsDiscodroids

i dont believe it!

brothers in arms!. I think we both like the Cure as well if i recall correctly .

Cant help but feel we have been a bit timid / safety first in our approach in the last Match and this one . Got this creeping horrible feeling that Somerset might do it .

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:03 - Sep 20 with 10845 viewsbob566

208-5 play stopped due to darkness.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:03 - Sep 20 with 10844 viewsSonofNorfolt

Bad light.
They way it is going I'd make Somerset favourites to take the title.
I used to go a lot with the late Steve Edwards, but the change to two divisions and the one day formats it doesn't seem the same anymore.

Middle Middle Middle Sex Sex Sex

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:09 - Sep 20 with 10828 viewsHunterhoop

Am here. Umps have just taken them off for light, which is ridiculous as it was far gloomy and lower cloud this morning.

Yorks have packed their side with bowlers and bowled well, but Gubbins has been excellent. Compton was unlucky with his decision. Malan was loose. Simpson got stuck.

Somerset will win. Notts showing no professional pride.

The pitch has definitely seamed and it's swung a lot, even still swinging in the 70th over. Having been 57-3, we've fought back well. IF, and it's a big, they can get to 300, I think we'll be weep placed. It's difficult wicket to bat on, especially early in your innings and if there's cloud cover...which there should be for most of the match.

This light decision is madness and sets the precedent for the remainder of the game, which is a massive sh*tter. It's perfectly playable and both sides wanted to stay out...

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:16 - Sep 20 with 10813 viewsMrSheen

Gubbins...not a word you hear much these days. "Where's the Gubbins?", quite the mot juste, what?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:22 - Sep 20 with 10802 viewsjohann28

Another fan from birth, and actually played for Middlesex 2nds a few times in early 80s before I realised I was crap. Would be great to see them take the title, but Somerset could well nick it. Gubbins is a wonderful player.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:30 - Sep 20 with 10793 viewsNorthLondonR

We'll win this I can feel it.... Roland-Jones to steam roller them...

Hope to be there to witness it Thurs and Friday

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:35 - Sep 20 with 10786 viewsdanehoop

Zumerzet are doing their best to remove up, but agree that they should win at a canter. Also a Middlesex supporter since a young age. Hooked when i got to watch them play at Uxbridge when I was waiting for my mum to finish playing tennis there. Actually had a few nets at lords when I as older when I accidentally ended up playing for a few seasons again about 12 years ago. Great experience getting coaching off some of the Middlesex coaches.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024