Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing 11:27 - Sep 25 with 2290 viewsDiscodroids

Any thoughts?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 11:29]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 11:31 - Sep 25 with 2274 viewsjohncharles

I've left out Caulker even though he has looked very good recently. The problem is that the better he gets the more likely he is to leave in January.

Strong and stable my arse.

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 11:38 - Sep 25 with 2262 viewsDiscodroids

I can only go on the wise opinions of others and the snippets ive seen on the box ( my first game of the season wont be until wolves at home), But it would be nifty squire if we nail down the pairing asap .stick with it and allow it to develop .

easier said than done as shakatak once said.

a bit like me working out how to put up a poll on lfw..it took me two months to learn how to download an avatar on twitter and soundcloud.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 13:19]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 11:45 - Sep 25 with 2248 viewsSimonJames

Sods Law says that if we nail down the pairing, one of them will immediately get crocked for 6 weeks. So it's lucky we have all three.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 12:39 - Sep 25 with 2179 viewssevenhoop

Hall and Clint Hill (oh sorry we ridiculously got rid of him). But never Caulker who will always be weak in the challenge and a liability

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 13:08 - Sep 25 with 2147 viewskensalriser

Great showing for Lynch so far considering hardly anyone has seen him play.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 13:16 - Sep 25 with 2135 viewsDiscodroids

Clint Hill currently doing his best impression of an 8ft Kraken at the heart of the Rangers defence Vs Aberdeen at Pittodrie .

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 15:08 - Sep 25 with 2065 viewsJigsore

Lynch has a lot more experience at this level & in general and has looked good in his cameos. Hall has been dithering recently and might benefit from being dropped imo

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 15:28 - Sep 25 with 2045 viewsstevec

Best centre half pairings are nearly always one attack dog and one who picks up the loose balls.

Lynch and Caulker for me.

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 16:21 - Sep 25 with 2011 viewsPetros

My memory is shot - who were the centre backs when we had that brilliant run of clean sheets at the beginning of last promotion season? Dunne and who?

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 16:37 - Sep 25 with 1989 viewsLblock

I've gone Caulker and Lynch which is bizarre as I'm on record as to my criticism of Caulker and I've only seen Lynch twice

I've based it on Ned in terrible form and Hall was awful yesterday, probably his worst performance for us and very ponderous / weak at times

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 17:21 - Sep 25 with 1954 views1BobbyHazell

Shame to see a 24 year old centre back who is the reigning player of the year and still 5 years off his peak getting the minority vote.

Not sure what that says about our expectations, patience or commitment to building a team.

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 17:50 - Sep 25 with 1930 viewsHunterhoop

The centre back pairing for our Redknapp season were Dunne and Onouha. Dunne was the big, slow, commanding, talkative one, Onouha the quick one who mopped up well anything over the top/in behind.

Based on this logic, I think Lynch and Onouha are worth a try and the closest match.

Caulker has been very shaky in the last few matches for me. Falls asleep, leaves a huge gap between him and the other CB at times, and switches off. This Sat there was no need for him to go out half heartedly to close down the bloke who delivered the cross. You're a centre half...stay in the middle of the box to deal with the cross....oh, look, their centre forward is unmarked. Awful decision making. We had another player going out to close the winger down.

Hall also got bullied all day by their 15. Lynch looks slow, but big, strong, commanding and appears to read the game well. Onouha is the one with actual pace. Worth a go.

To be honest, you can make a case for all the combinations, but i do think Lynch should be in there.

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 20:02 - Sep 25 with 1896 viewsconnell10

Hall and lynch because I really think that shade of blue would bring out my eyes!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 20:06 - Sep 25 with 1886 viewsrsonist

No Hall & Oates option. Disappointing.

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 22:07 - Sep 25 with 1819 viewsLblock

Grant Hall will go on to captain this club and if he progresses could be an England player

He's learning but may need a step back to step up

Mad?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 22:27 - Sep 25 with 1796 viewscaliforniahoop

Hall will improve for sure, but I think he needs sometime out of the firing line, Caulker and Lynch for me.

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 22:35 - Sep 25 with 1788 viewsPunteR

Bold prediction Lblock.
There is healthy competition for the CB position now it seems. Hall has been given games but hasn't really taken his opportunities this season.
He needs to step up.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Your 1st Choice Centre Back Pairing on 22:48 - Sep 25 with 1783 viewsLythamR

I guess Caulker and Lynch is popular because they havent had a real chance to screw up yet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024