Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An historic day 22:44 - Oct 9 with 3150 viewsqueensparker

For the first time, AFC Wimbledon are above MK Dons in the league.

Superb achievement

An historic day on 22:56 - Oct 9 with 3132 viewsBoston

Well noted.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

An historic day on 23:00 - Oct 9 with 3125 viewssixnil

Well done Wombles

An historic day on 23:00 - Oct 9 with 3121 viewsdannyblue

Heart warming

An historic day on 23:06 - Oct 9 with 3098 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Justice.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

An historic day on 23:31 - Oct 9 with 3072 viewsjohncharles

Love it

Strong and stable my arse.

An historic day on 23:41 - Oct 9 with 3057 viewsCamberleyR

Neal Ardley is doing a brilliant job there.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

An historic day on 23:46 - Oct 9 with 3052 viewsPunteR

Proves how important fans are. Clubs are nothing without them.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

An historic day on 06:38 - Oct 10 with 2923 viewsRs_Holy

Well done Wimbledon... Lets hope they can finish the season above the franchise...
For any younger viewers out there it might be worth noting that MKDons might just as easily have been MKRangers... QPR were in financial doo doo when Winkleman was sniffing around for a Championship club to hijack... I seem to remember him coming down to Shepherds Bush to have meetings with supporters groups... There by the grace of God and all that!

An historic day on 07:24 - Oct 10 with 2878 viewsTGRRRSSS

He arranged a meeting at the Adelaide. I wasn't there but if I remember rightly from reports at the time it didn't last long before the Landlord fearing for what might happen asked him and his delegation to leave.

An historic day on 13:04 - Oct 10 with 2680 viewsenfieldargh

is that why his hair is always a mess....did someone stick a broom up his jacksy and use him to mop up the bog floor

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

An historic day on 13:15 - Oct 10 with 2655 viewsHayesender

Good. Now hopefully MK will go the same way as Rushden and Diamonds

Poll: Shamima Beghum

An historic day on 13:21 - Oct 10 with 2642 viewstimcocking

Cool

An historic day on 14:41 - Oct 10 with 2563 viewsFredManRave

Looking forward to the day when FC United of Manchester are above Man Utd...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

An historic day on 15:19 - Oct 10 with 2520 viewskensalriser

Is it OK to hate Wimbledon again now? Cos I really do hate them from back in the day with their shit football and two bit fans who revelled in it.

The apogee of this was when they beat us 2-1 at home. Les scored early on after which they proceeded to unceremoniously kick him out of the game and he went off after half an hour. Ref did absolutely nothing. Worse, I was in a box that day and there were a couple of smirking Wimbledon fans present.

Just looked it up, 1993 and the ref's name was Philip Don. No wonder!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

An historic day on 16:44 - Oct 10 with 2464 viewsRs_Holy

No it's not alright... That was then and this is now.
There was a lot to dislike back in the day... Vinnie Jones, Dennis Wise, John Fashanu (AWOOGA?), Plough Lane and that bleed'n away terrace, the long ball tactics, kicking oppo teams off the park, Sam Hamman, the media love of all things "Crazy Gang" etc etc
But having said all that the supporters had there club stolen from them.
It's an incredible story how they've risen from the depths in such a short space of time! I have only seen AFC play a couple times and that was in the playoffs last season... And I thought they were a really good entertaining team... a million miles away from the Crazy Gang.

An historic day on 17:01 - Oct 10 with 2430 viewsbrewers_hoop

Rushden & Diamonds slightly different. Two local clubs a mile apart merged by Dr Marten owner Max Griggs, who spent a few quid to get them in the league. When he eventually got bored, the club plummeted back down the leagues before going out of existence.

One of my most enjoyable away days at their Lego-like ground - 3-3 draw with Gareth Ainsworth scoring two corkers that were named No 1 and No 3 in ITV's goals of the season.

[Post edited 10 Oct 2016 17:11]

An historic day on 19:27 - Oct 10 with 2309 viewsstevec

Yeah, really pleased for them.

And they've got a bloke called Dean Parrett playing for them who seemed half decent. Now where we supposed to find a midfielder like that?

An historic day on 21:06 - Oct 10 with 2250 viewsYorkRanger

Well said. What AFC have achieved in nothing short of a miracle. The film rights have apparently been secured...

An historic day on 21:44 - Oct 10 with 2204 viewsPunteR

I don't even see MK Dons as having anything to do with Wimbledon anymore. They're just Milton Keynes now. AFC Wimbledon are the proper Wimbledon.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

An historic day on 22:36 - Oct 10 with 2159 viewsCamberleyR

AFC Wimbledon have always been the proper Wimbledon. Those thieving bastards just stole an identity (and the honours although they were handed back some time ago). They might as well drop the Dons part of their name and just become Milton Keynes City or United.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024