Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tricky one for Gareth 10:01 - Nov 15 with 6943 viewsjohncharles

England v Spain tonight. A win will land him the England job, defeat will probably put him out of the running and yet it's a nothing match which could easily go either way and will mean nothing at all.
The tabloids will be screaming tomorrow morning whichever way it goes.

Strong and stable my arse.

Tricky one for Gareth on 10:02 - Nov 15 with 5175 viewsdaveB

He'll get the job whichever way it goes. No other candidates for it

Tricky one for Gareth on 10:08 - Nov 15 with 5159 viewsjohncharles

Dave, I'm not sure Southgate wants it.

Tricky one for Gareth on 10:41 - Nov 15 with 5124 viewspaulparker

I actually hope we get trounced 8-0 ,
gareth fcuking southgate, we would be better off with chris ramsey

same sh1t squad, same sh1t formation , same boring negative sideways football
this bloke was the U21 manager so why aren't we blooding some of our kids
ill tell you why its because he falls in the trap of other crap managers like woy of not wanting to lose or take a risk , only the other month he recalled glen Johnson for a game against malta ffs !!! and this man is going to take us to the next level , do me a favour
tonight is a friendly and we are playing Henderson & Dier in the midfield playing the ever exciting 4-2-3-1 which doesn't work , and as for jesse lingard if he played for sunderland he wouldn't get a sniff , why not play the likes of Redmond, ward -prowse, Austin, Antonio , Keane, Gibson give townsend a game, its a friendly how will we ever know what these lads can do if we never play them , where's the incentive
people slate stuart pearce but at least when he was given the job for one game he made
changes and gave some youngsters in form a go
southgate is a Fa yes man who will pick who the FA tell him to

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tricky one for Gareth on 10:41 - Nov 15 with 5124 viewsTheChef

I think he does - why wouldn't he?

No shame in losing to Spain anyway.

And as Dave says who else is in the running who is already embedded in the FA, will keep their nose clean and tow the party line?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tricky one for Gareth on 10:46 - Nov 15 with 5111 viewsRangersDave

Cant agree more. Top post mate!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Tricky one for Gareth on 11:03 - Nov 15 with 5084 viewsjohncharles

I think Southgate is wary of being set up to be knocked down. Spain are notorious for nt turning up for these friendlies so it could be a convincing win for England. Southgate carried shoulder high from the arena, hailed as a national hero in the press gets the job and then gets shit on by everybody and his brother when he loses the next match. He's well aware that the FA want him to take the job because no one else wants it.

Tricky one for Gareth on 11:06 - Nov 15 with 5074 viewskensalriser

I don't disagree with all of that by any means, but it seems to me that we make the same mistake as we do with QPR - there's always someone just around the corner waiting with a magic wand, if only the powers that be could see it, and if we just did x, y and z we'd we worldbeaters.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tricky one for Gareth on 11:15 - Nov 15 with 5059 viewsstowmarketrange

It's got to the stage where I really couldn't give a toss about anything to do with the England football team anymore.Same old garbage and the same old hype from the media,while all the time they really want him and his team to f@ck up because a picture of a turnip sells more papers than a player scoring a winning goal.

Get this rubbish over with so that we can all get back to proper meaningful football again.Extra matches and team get togethers so that we can lose to facking Iceland.Bah humbug.

Tricky one for Gareth on 11:40 - Nov 15 with 5021 viewsbob566

http://talksport.com/football/pathetic-state-affairs-listen-adrian-durhams-engla

Tricky one for Gareth on 13:16 - Nov 15 with 4948 viewsPinnerPaul

Doesn't matter - we 're good at beating poor teams and/or when it doesn't matter, actually something on it and/or we are playing anyone half decent - we're not good enough - end of.

Tricky one for Gareth on 14:33 - Nov 15 with 4864 viewsbob566

but if you the fans have that mentality how can you drum it out of the players. You're beaten before you even take to the pitch.

Talent sure counts for a lot but so does morale and spirit. Leicester proved that it can happen. Iceland went far. Ireland pushed the hosts France all the way with well average players.

Englands players aren't complete flops. They're a lot better than what a lot of other teams have to offer. Its getting them mentally prepared for the bigger matches.

Can southgate deliver that though where all the others have failed before him.

Tricky one for Gareth on 17:00 - Nov 15 with 4806 viewsAntti_Heinola

paulparker, ladies and gentlemen.
Fantastic rant!

Bare bones.

Tricky one for Gareth on 17:08 - Nov 15 with 4794 viewsElHoop

I quite like the look of tonight's team actually. I might even sit and watch it properly!

There's some pace and movement in that side and at times in the past we've looked capable of moving the ball around, particularly when Rooney isn't playing. I'd like to see Cahill and Dier holding the fort and everyone else pushing up when we have the ball.

Tricky one for Gareth on 17:14 - Nov 15 with 4787 viewsstevec

I had an 8 game accumulator on the weekend World Cup qualifiers, the odds ranged from 1/5 to 1/19 on, what a farce International football has become, all set up for the big teams to canter through.

Tricky one for Gareth on 21:24 - Nov 15 with 4653 viewsFredManRave

Looks like it'll be Gareth then?!

Not watching the game, however, 2-0 is to be applauded though not sure about the "Mannequin Challenge" goal celebration for the second goal. I had to look it up on wiki to find out what it's all about. iIve definitely not been missing anything!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Tricky one for Gareth on 21:38 - Nov 15 with 4627 viewsmikeygunn

A few QPR connections in the squad, Walker, Townsend, Heaton, Sterling and er....Will Keanes brother!

Tricky one for Gareth on 21:59 - Nov 15 with 4579 viewspaulparker

Gareth Southgate , Gareth fcuking Southgate yes 4 years of this no mark ,
Cannot even beat spains C team , dreadful
In fact Spain should and could of walloped us , they were head and shoulders above us in midfield
They didn't get out of 2nd gear all night
When will we ever realise that 4-2-3-1 doesn't work when your midfield two is Henderson and dier
As for Jesé lingard well words fail me , we have so many better players like redmond or Barkley
Thank gawd we are back to normal football on Saturday

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tricky one for Gareth on 22:49 - Nov 15 with 4469 viewsdistortR

can't agree at all mate. He was always going to be quite conservative in this game, try something new and get dicked, well, wouldn't have left him in a great position, would it?
So you know spain are going to have the lion's share of possession, 2 holding midfielders and then forwards who can break quickly sounds like a plan to me, and for the first 70 minutes the best chances fell to us. Good performances all over the pitch, Lingard looked good imho. The only player who didn't show was Walcott, again.
Enjoyed the match.

Tricky one for Gareth on 22:59 - Nov 15 with 4452 viewsted_hendrix

Isn't it exciting? the era of a new dawn is upon us or it might be the dawn of a new earwig is upon us, I cant remember.

Anyway

Confucius say; "beware of Men in grey suits"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Tricky one for Gareth on 23:02 - Nov 15 with 4442 viewsdistortR

Not saying he would be my choice as manager, not saying England are going to be anything other than same-old same-old, but thought he got it right tonight.

Tricky one for Gareth on 23:19 - Nov 15 with 4407 viewsted_hendrix

I didn't see the game, for my own sins I've massively lost interest now, he'll get the job and ultimately get sacked when the National press insult and murder him personally.

It's a merry go round and an expensive one at that, I'd like to see his future employers get ripped apart, they are never held accountable or don't seem to be.

I don't hold the current crop of England players in high esteem either.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Tricky one for Gareth on 23:22 - Nov 15 with 4401 viewsdaveB

I'm at the couldn't care less stage with England, I should be as angry as Paul Parker on here about the state of it all and I agree with him but really I don't care anymore.

Tricky one for Gareth on 23:32 - Nov 15 with 4383 viewsPunteR

Yep, same.

I do think we have talent in the team but football in this country is so geared towards foreign players, managers, owners that the English lads seem a bit lost without them.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tricky one for Gareth on 06:03 - Nov 16 with 4281 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I dunno, seems like 20 years ago the squad would go out for a good laugh and a few beers and have a bit of fun, bonding time. Now it comes across as though they sit in their hotel rooms sipping bottled water, listening to crap music and tweeting shit about how nice life is.

It must be a generational thing. Blood, sweat and tears...

Tricky one for Gareth on 07:43 - Nov 16 with 4226 viewsElHoop

Yeah having waded through the usual debris from people who can only be bothered to be bothered about not being bothered, you actually watched the game!

It was good to see some decent passing and movement and pace. I can see why Southgate released Kane and probably wasn't bothered about Rooney being injured as it enabled him to pick a side which plays more like Liverpool are playing at the moment, and the scosers probably have the most English players who can play like that. It was promising. If we play like that then Vardy is a much better fit than Kane - he looked happy and comfortable tonight playing for England, which didn't seem the case before. A very good night for him. I like Clyne - I prefer him to Walker. Stones looked better at the back. The ability to defend as a team fell away at the end - the likes of Rashford and Sterling were giving the ball away in front of the defenders instead of behind them, which can be disastrous when you are defending a lead against fast-breaking decent opposition, and so it proved. But a good night for England overall and some lessons learned, hopefully.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024