Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great ball from Ned 23:17 - Jan 2 with 4083 viewsDejR_vu

.......for the winner.

He's taken plenty of stick, lots of it justified IMO, but credit where it's due, that was a great ball

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Great ball from Ned on 23:25 - Jan 2 with 4053 viewsbosh67

It was a great pass. His first attempt went straight to the centre back but when their centre back returned the favour and the second time Ned completely f*cked up giving it straight back to the Ipswich centre back he had previously given the ball too. But credit where it's due. It was a great pass back to their keeper that Wszolek got in the way of and scored.

Am I getting cynical in my old age? No, but okay, it was a good pass. Moments before I had said, for crying out loud, their back four are all nine foot tall but slow as slugs on the ground. Stop booting it up in the air. Then Ned did exactly that and we scored.

By the way is it me or is Wszolek a bit good at getting behind the last defender and slotting the ball home. Fortunately no one knows how to say his name so there won't be any bids for him.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 23:28]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Great ball from Ned on 00:03 - Jan 3 with 3984 viewsHunterhoop

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/186449/captain-ned

Great ball from Ned on 00:17 - Jan 3 with 3965 viewswombat

He would make a decent option as a number 10 as well , good brain , dosnt shirk tackles either
The polish lad not Ned obviously

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Great ball from Ned on 00:28 - Jan 3 with 3949 viewsDylanP

When Olly brought Ned on I couldn't understand why he was bringing him on. We were 1-1 and another defender seemed a weird move. Turns out Olly was right and it just goes to show that its not always obvious what the plan is.

Well done Ned and Olly.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Great ball from Ned on 00:51 - Jan 3 with 3920 viewsessextaxiboy

Washington puts the Ipswich guy under pressure so he scuffs it back to Ned . He gets critiscised but works really hard when we are not in possession...

Great ball from Ned on 08:22 - Jan 3 with 3779 viewsCanadaRanger

In minor hockey that play of passing up to a central forward on the blue line (furthest forward he can be without being offside) is called cherry-picking... It works until teams become wise to it. After that, it ensures a defender has to man mark the forward, potentially leaving the wings more open. Now waiting to see if Oliie capitalises on that as Chapter 2...

Great ball from Ned on 08:33 - Jan 3 with 3749 viewsrsonist

To quote queensparker on the other thread, "nice to finally see Ned's 173648th chip up front of the season finally pay off ".
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 8:33]

Great ball from Ned on 09:23 - Jan 3 with 3675 views1MoreBrightonR

My Polish gf, who i dragged along yesterday, gave me a lesson in how to say his name....it's basically Voshouwek. kind of. Nightmare bloody language ;)

Great ball from Ned on 10:24 - Jan 3 with 3578 viewsPinnerPaul

It was obvious to me, I was shouting for him to do it before that midfield 3 all had poor games I thought - Hall was the obvious call to me.

Great ball from Ned on 10:30 - Jan 3 with 3570 viewsfrancisbowles

Our team is a bit of a nightmare for the PA guys when we go away. I was particularly impressed by the guy at Wolves where most of our foreign players were in the line up Idriss Sylla, Yeni Ngbakoto, Pavel Wlosek along with Ariel Borysiuk, Osman Kakay, Nico Hamalainen and EL Kayate and E...... Eze (whatever their first names are)

Apologies for spelling.

Great ball from Ned on 10:37 - Jan 3 with 3550 viewsTacticalR

Exactly. Ned does the same thing all game, every game.

Air hostess clique

Great ball from Ned on 10:37 - Jan 3 with 3544 viewsLblock

I thought he was cracking entertainment when he came on....... the way he kicked the ball into his face to control it was great stuff for his first contribution

Credit due though - an assist is an assist.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Great ball from Ned on 11:33 - Jan 3 with 3479 viewsHunterhoop

His first contribution was to win an important header against their centre half...something he continued to do for the rest of the game. The bloke played well at centre half, ignoring the assist.

But easier to focus on his limited ability on the ball and ridicule him. I mean, Stones is obviously the type of centre half we all want.

If a player plays well, we are allowed to credit him for that, even if he's been playing badly recently. The same works the other way.

We don't need to stick to narratives that suit the preconceived opinions we have.

Great ball from Ned on 12:10 - Jan 3 with 3422 viewsAgedR

It was a decent pass, but, if you're their centre half I think you'd have sought out a quiet seat on the coach home. If Ned had been defending this he'd have been slaughtered.

Ned kicks it and heads it. Franco Baressi he isn't. Come to think of it Grant Hall he isn't.

However, he's been royally messed about by all the managers he's played under at Rangers. Yet he's continued to be a first class ambassador for QPR off the pitch and is club captain. Despite the salary he's probably on, in my book that deserves respect.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Great ball from Ned on 12:31 - Jan 3 with 3381 viewskensalriser

Not sure Kakay counts as foreign, unless foreign includes all players not born in H&F and adjoining boroughs (born in Westminster and has been with us since he was 6).

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Great ball from Ned on 12:50 - Jan 3 with 3357 viewsrsonist

If Ned kicked and headed everything away every game playing at CB I don't think many would be carping at his other deficiencies. Unfortunately he's often quite fallible in those departments.

No argument about his ambassadorial virtues. First class chap.

Great ball from Ned on 15:22 - Jan 3 with 3257 views18StoneOfHoop

Click on the triangle:
https://forvo.com/word/pawe%C5%82_wszo%C5%82ek/

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Great ball from Ned on 15:31 - Jan 3 with 3228 viewsLongsufferingR

I thought it was just pronounced "Ned" wherever you come from?

Great ball from Ned on 15:37 - Jan 3 with 3216 viewsfrancisbowles

Sorry, didn't mean that, it was the 'foreigb sounding" names that I was emphasising. I think I should have included our Irishman, Olamide Shodipo as well

Great ball from Ned on 22:50 - Jan 3 with 3082 viewsDylanP

But Ned isn't playing CB this season.

To be fair, there were very few complaints (there are always one or two, but very few overall) about Ned when he was playing as a CB. Most of the complaints have been this year when he has been playing as a RB. Nowadays (as you know) wingbacks are all the rage and wingbacks are supposed to be watered down versions of wingers -- small and speedy. Unsurprisingly (considering he is a CB) Ned is neither small nor speedy -- and hence he gets all the sh!t for not supplying much as a wingback.

To be honest, I am always surprised at how smooth on the ball he can be. Generally, CBs don't run with the ball at their feet, they do short straight passes to midfielders or they thump it up for field or into touch. As a CB, Ned has some moves.

And Saturday's pass was sublime. Tony Currie would have been proud of that one. Maybe he has missed more than he has hits, Who cares? He still deserves credit when he knocks a beautiful pass forward like that one. It isn't like our midfield has been providing that many inch-perfect 40-yard passes this season, is it?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Great ball from Ned on 23:29 - Jan 3 with 3059 viewsBurnleyhoop

Don't get it. It was no more than one of his usual punts up field. Centre half missed it, Pawel pulled it down and executed a great finish. I'll eat my shoe before believing it was an inch perfect pass.

Great ball from Ned on 23:38 - Jan 3 with 3049 viewsTacticalR

The root of all superstition is that men observe when a thing hits, but not when it misses

Francis Bacon (1561 — 1626)

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024