Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham 22:57 - Jan 5 with 12798 viewsqueensparker

I know we've had our run-ins over the years, but this is a disgusting story of council corruption and the modern world in which we unfortunately live. More power to their struggle. Could well happen to us

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/05/millwall-admit-council-scheme-l

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 23:31 - Jan 5 with 7689 viewsQPR_Jim

Well that seems like a textbook case of corruption.

I'd be interested to know where exactly in North Kent they plan on building a football stadium, can't think of too many places. Certainly expect they'd get resistance from other councils and could end up homeless and needing a ground share. A shocking decision all round, can't their fans protect it by registering the stadium as a community asset or something?

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 23:38 - Jan 5 with 7672 viewsconnell10

Most other clubs id feel sorry for but not those bastards, let them crash and burn!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 23:54 - Jan 5 with 7635 viewsDannyPaddox

Millwall moving to North Kent would have an impact on Gillingham's crowds as well as Ebbsfleet United. Couldn't they move a little more north. Burravoe In the Shetland Islands would be a winner.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 23:55 - Jan 5 with 7631 viewsFredManRave

And what about the effect that would have on Karl and his team?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 23:57 - Jan 5 with 7620 viewsDannyPaddox

The effect on Orkney would be 2 more games and 6 points.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 0:01]

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 00:00 - Jan 6 with 7611 viewsFredManRave

Good points well made.

Plus it would give their fans the chance to sing, "If yee kanee talk proper, sheet yer mooth" at the Millwall scum fans.

I've got the Power.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 00:15 - Jan 6 with 7574 viewsDannyPaddox

Is there a fire drill? Is there a fire drill?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 0:18]

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 00:24 - Jan 6 with 7554 viewskensalriser

Shocking stuff. So corrupt it's hard to believe. Surely the mayor needs to get involved.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 00:37 - Jan 6 with 7538 viewsTrom

Trouble is this has nothing to do with the supporters. We've all been to Millwall over the years and it's up there with Stoke as the places I'm most pleased to have gone home without an injury. Important thing is that is irrelevant.

This is a club not much smaller than ourselves being screwed over because land values have gone up. London has the most absurd property prices and unless the young inherit the chance of home ownership is next to zero. Land around Shepherds Bush is equally desirable more so I'd think by some margin.

So what's that stopping that happening to us. Lets face it the borough has Chelsea and Fulham. Millwall is a community asset and has many outreach projects just like QPR.

If you loose clubs like Millwall, Charlton, Orient... the list goes on - then the fabric of being a supporter of a smaller club is lost and we all may as well go and support a generic premiership club for the glory.

That's not really what these clubs mean to their community.

So I'll support them against this.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 01:01 - Jan 6 with 7497 viewsBluce_Ree

Hahahahahahahaahaaaaaa! Fk Millwall!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 03:08 - Jan 6 with 7430 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hear, hear.

There, but for the grace of God, go we.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 03:18 - Jan 6 with 7426 viewsFredManRave

Well said.

I've got the Power.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 04:28 - Jan 6 with 7398 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

''Fck them all, fck them all, Orkney, Caithness, Ullapool'

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 08:49 - Jan 6 with 7084 viewsElHoop

For sure they have my support. A shocking scenario. And people wonder why there's support for UKIP? The tone of the Guardian piece seems rather devoid of the sort of political blame which one might have expected to see had a Tory/UKIP regime been involved, but admittedly I don't know enough about the background to be sure about that. Anyway, it's not acceptable and it cannot be allowed to happen.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 08:51 - Jan 6 with 7084 viewstoboboly

No club should go this way.

Petition;

https://www.change.org/p/lewisham-council-defend-our-den-stop-millwall-land-sale

Mayor of London contact details;

https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/contacting-city-hall-and-mayor?utm_expid=1212

I know it is Millwall but this needs to be stopped. The football community and local communities in general need to step up and not let developers destroy what makes this city, culture and country great. Too many pubs, music venues, environmental areas and sports are under threat due to developers.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 09:14 - Jan 6 with 7002 viewsClive_Anderson

Fcking hell what a bunch of cnts the council are.

Shows what happens when you don't own your ground properly. West Ham were mental to sell their old home off to rent their new one.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 09:30 - Jan 6 with 6958 viewspaulparker

Funny I thought it was all the greedy tories who are to blame for this type of thing
what a kick in the teeth to those working class people who used to vote Labour all there lives, I wonder what moves Mr khan makes to help them if the worse happens
I don't mind Millwall they are what they are & I cant see them going down without a fight over this one

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 09:34 - Jan 6 with 6952 viewsrsonist

Yeah right.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/25/millwall-goal-ultimate-home-win

More broadly the involvement of an offshore company in the New Bermondsey development is an awkward turn for Sadiq Khan, who during the London mayoral race spoke about his opposition to the ownership of London property by “those using anonymous offshore tax havens”.

Khan said in April: “It’s high time all property ownership in London was made transparent so we can see exactly who owns what.”

Asked by the Guardian if he intends to seek transparency in the current case, Khan appeared to have shifted to a more lenient stance. “Sadiq is clear that London is open and encourages investment from all over the world to build new and genuinely affordable homes,” a spokesman for the mayor said. “City Hall will follow its standard processes for due diligence and the development will be treated as business carried out in the UK, meaning the developer will be required to disclose and pay tax on profits it makes from it.”

This in reality is an assurance that only goes so far. The details of tax and profits will have to be taken on trust due to the absence of filed UK accounts.

This was acknowledged by PricewaterhouseCoopers in the council’s own due diligence report, itself an object of exasperation at the scrutiny meeting as council officers were, to their own clear annoyance, legally barred from actually discussing anything they had read in the reports.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 09:34 - Jan 6 with 6948 views2Thomas2Bowles

Signed

I wonder if they could move in with wet spam , not so far away across the river
[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 9:35]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 10:16 - Jan 6 with 6842 viewsizlingtonhoop

The only reason I'd agree we shouldn't lose Millwall is there'd be several thousand filth merchants to be accommodated elsewhere. At least we know where they are now.

Dulwich Hamlet should take them. They'll look nice in pink.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 10:19 - Jan 6 with 6826 viewstoboboly

Dulwich are supported by hipsters atm. Would be a bloodbath.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 10:30 - Jan 6 with 6790 viewsDannyPaddox

"Shall we knit. Shall we knit.
Shall we knit a fish for you!"
[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 10:32]

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 10:56 - Jan 6 with 6717 viewsbob566

politician in post election change of face shocker!

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 11:21 - Jan 6 with 6665 viewsthemodfather

the lesson is , OWN the land you are on are at least 51% ....coventry are donald ducked too.
the demand for housing is one thing but an established sports field/stadium should have some protection surely?
who knows how close qpr came to any default with the ABC loan, i can't recall then too many hoping we'd be ok.

Millwall may be forced out of Lewisham on 12:44 - Jan 6 with 6546 viewsizlingtonhoop

That's pretty much why I suggest it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024