Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Thomas legend 08:03 - Apr 8 with 4127 viewsHarbour

What a moment last night brought tear to my eye well done Rangers for honouring one of our greatest players. Sad to see him with his guide dog but the reception we gave him was something else and could see what it meant to him. Andy Sinton and forever rs club doing the club proud

Dave Thomas legend on 08:11 - Apr 8 with 4113 viewsBlue_Castello

Spot on we felt exactly the same way, it was great to be there and see him again, what a player and it was a privilege to see all his home games at Loftus Road.

As you say Andy Sinton is doing a superb job with the ForeverRs club, since Les and Andy have come back they have recreated our family club and managed to wipe away all of that Briatore shit era...........

Dave Thomas legend on 08:25 - Apr 8 with 4085 viewsbosh67

Yes, a very emotional moment and a wonderful player. Good to see the vocal Brighton fans clapping him as well. That was a nice touch. Wonderful reception for him.

Just on a more humorous base, would love to have seen his dog wearing rolled down white socks.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dave Thomas legend on 10:02 - Apr 8 with 3982 viewsjohnhoop

I think it's easy to misuse the word "legend " but for me Dave Thomas really is one. Had the privilege of watching him in the hoops and he truly was a wonderful player. More than that though,the way he is facing up to the devastating blow of losing his eyesight is really humbling-loads of praise for all those who are helping him, a truly moving bond with his guide dog,and a real determination to carry on making the most of his life and living it to the full.

Dave Thomas legend on 10:34 - Apr 8 with 3942 viewsRosieG

Along with Stanley, my all time favourite player.

I remember his debut against Sunderland in October 72.

What a player he was.

Dave Thomas legend on 11:08 - Apr 8 with 3872 viewsted_hendrix

Said it before on here so I'll say it again we christened our first son Dave Thomas for a reason, I've seen Marsh and Bowles play in the flesh and a few other Rangers legends all fabulous players of course but DT had the edge for me, can you imagine having to defend against him?
Sadly missed last night, bastard Friday night kick offs are a bleeding slag, bring back Saturday 3.00pm kick offs please, just like it used to be and should be.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dave Thomas legend on 12:14 - Apr 8 with 3791 viewsCamberleyR

One of the main reasons I started supporting QPR.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dave Thomas legend on 12:48 - Apr 8 with 3731 viewsBlackCrowe

Amazing spontaneous response - emotional. What's happened to DT to lose his eyesight?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dave Thomas legend on 15:53 - Apr 8 with 3606 viewsCamberleyR

Glaucoma I think.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dave Thomas legend on 16:22 - Apr 8 with 3557 viewsbosh67

Yup degenerative.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dave Thomas legend on 17:02 - Apr 8 with 3525 viewsHantsR

Yes an emotional moment last night indeed. I saw his first game for us when he came from Burnley, amazed we could buy one of their great stars of the time.

The idea of the dog with rolled down socks made me lol coupled with tears welling in eyes.

Dave Thomas legend on 18:34 - Apr 9 with 3236 viewsonlyrinmoray

Never been more excited when I heard we had signed a player all those years ago. Ive got an old DVD of him racing away down the wing on a breakaway against Wolves and he provided a perfect cross for our forward (cant rememember who ) to score

Class player

Dave Thomas legend on 18:50 - Apr 9 with 3210 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Absolute legend. As a young fella, I adored that man. Still do.

This is great. Love what Andy Sinton et all are doing with Forever R's and delighted that DT's turn came. Thanks to him for all memories and to the club for making us all so proud.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dave Thomas legend on 19:03 - Apr 9 with 3190 viewsngbqpr

about 5.40 in....;)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dave Thomas legend on 19:06 - Apr 9 with 3190 viewsDWQPR

In over forty years of watching football I have never seen a better winger, fast, skilful, brace, a great shot and could hit a great cross at pace. None have this fannying around with stopovers just came up the defenders and chose his time to get that half a yard and the ball was crossed with accuracy. Dave Thomas was a player that would not have looked out of place today, come to think of it none of THAT team would have done.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Dave Thomas legend on 19:44 - Apr 9 with 3149 viewsHarbour

Yes agree saw him as 14 year old kid standing in the loft down the front where the wall was he was a brilliant winger and never forgot the impact he made ..... was my favourite player by a mile

Dave Thomas legend on 20:22 - Apr 9 with 3107 viewsM40R

There's an old thread on here about Dave's fundraising for Guide Dogs. At the time we helped him hit his own target but looks like we can still help out for others: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/DavidThomas7

Dave Thomas legend on 20:54 - Apr 9 with 3069 viewsonlyrinmoray

Ah yeah I remember the player who scored it was er... Stan Bowles I remember him. Good to see the original QPR boo boy Mick Leach playing useless again only scored one and getting a penalty.. waste of time ( I couldn't be the only fan who thought he was a real QPR hero can I ?)
Stretchers?? who needs them real men in those days. Venables bossing the referee...happy Derek Dougan Happy days

Dave Thomas legend on 22:20 - Apr 9 with 2994 viewsBrightonhoop

My all time favourite Legend. Saw him play for QPR and England. Always with no shin pads. Like he had a second brain to deal with chopper Harris with no shin pads, stepped over him like a gazelle every time.
The very best. Sorry Stan.

Dave Thomas legend on 13:34 - Apr 10 with 2792 viewsHarbour

Thanks for putting up I will be donating to this very worthy cause
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024