Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you sell Manning 07:34 - Apr 30 with 10351 viewsDixie_CT

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bournemouth-crystal-palace-

Would look to make a profit on the boy from Galway who we signed for £50k and must have cost us less than £100k in wages and bonuses? How much would he be worth?

Or do you see him as an integral part of a promotion chasing team that could return millions??

For me, I'd cash in at £4/5m and invest in a war horse of a centre back that could be captain or a time machine to go and get a 27 year old version of Clint Hill

Would you sell Manning on 18:12 - Apr 30 with 2535 viewsNorthernr

From his point of view I'd stay put. Likely to be a regular starter which means he'll get 100 games under his belt by the time he's 23. Much better off doing that than moving quickly and going back to playing reserve team football.

From the club's POV it of course depends how much is offered, but this seems like lazy tabloid paper talk.

Would you sell Manning on 11:28 - May 1 with 2367 viewsqpr1976

Agree but if there is any truth in it, I suspect a bid of £2m would be accepted.
I also suspect after how we nearly released him before playing him, he may not feel obliged to show too much loyalty to us.

Would you sell Manning on 11:39 - May 1 with 2355 viewsCiderwithRsie

This.

All day and every day, this.

Never mind Manning's potential or value or any other things which are speculation. We just need to bloody settle down, keep a manager for a couple of seasons, keep some key players, build some sort of structure. We need more players like Manning, not fewer - I don't mean guys who play like him or in his position, I mean players you expect to be on the team sheet most weeks. Give us a core midfield trio, central defensive pairing, goalkeeper and first choice striker; then we can start wheeler-dealing in the transfer market.

Would you sell Manning on 11:45 - May 1 with 2351 viewsTGRRRSSS

I'd rather not in part becuyase if he does well next season we might realise a far higher value next summer, in any event he's not played much at this level yet and I suspect the PL sides would try to use this as a bargain, however money (and PP) might well play a part.

Would you sell Manning on 13:08 - May 1 with 2286 viewsQPR_John

You cannot sell without a plan. At least some of he money needs to be used to replace a player going out. 4/5 million at least and you can gamble on finding a couple of up and coming replacements. £2M and we lose a player with no replacement.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 14:24]

Would you sell Manning on 13:57 - May 1 with 2237 viewsTacticalR

I really don't think this is a question of pounds, shillings and pence.

We have a team that has repeatedly looked short of ideas and intelligence. The kind of intelligence Manning showed in his assist for Mackie at Reading.

Air hostess clique

Would you sell Manning on 14:59 - May 1 with 2206 viewsJigsore

Speaking of Manning, do you remember the outrage it generated from Irish twitter when our fans sung 'he's one of our own' agaisnt Fulham. Such a strange thing to get angry about. Absolute weirdos

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Would you sell Manning on 15:00 - May 1 with 2198 viewsLongsufferingR

They've got a point though!

Would you sell Manning on 15:05 - May 1 with 2194 viewsJigsore

Have they? he's been at QPR longer than any other club and he's only 20

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Would you sell Manning on 15:49 - May 1 with 2142 viewsLongsufferingR

Just always struck me as a strange thing to sing about someone we bought from another club. Could understand it if we'd had him as a kid and brought him up through the youth ranks. Anyway, no biggie as the youngsters say these days.

Would you sell Manning on 16:19 - May 1 with 2109 viewsDejR_vu

He signed at 18 (in fact he was closer to his 19th birthday than his 18th), so certainly hasn't come through our youth system which, I would say, is synonymous with the 'one of our own' chant

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Would you sell Manning on 17:00 - May 1 with 2074 viewsNorthernr

A fan base that sing's "your mum's your dad, your dad's your mum, you're interbred, you northern scum" is not one that gives a lot of thought to its chants.

Would you sell Manning on 22:24 - May 1 with 1936 viewsbaz_qpr

God no, it would be utter lunacy to sell him. Build the bloody team around him and Freeman. The two best things about this horrid season

Would you sell Manning on 22:39 - May 1 with 1917 viewsbosh67

Would be madness. You build teams around players like this.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Would you sell Manning on 22:53 - May 1 with 1898 viewsTacticalR

#NorthernLivesMatter

Air hostess clique

Would you sell Manning on 01:21 - May 2 with 1856 viewsLazyFan

No from his point of view he should take the money. Especially as he nearly got sent back with nothing to show for his time here. A nasty shock for anyone. He needs to make sure we are not his last pay day (injury, bad management, personal issues). If you have a chance to be a millionaire, you take it. If he bombs out, we shall always take him back. He is already a success here.

In this game it is a ruthless Business and that could have been the end of his career. Hollerway deserves credit for saving it. And Manning deserves credit for taking the chance and going for it as so, many fail to do.

From our fans point of view we should only sell for £15m. If you think that is crazy money, you are correct. But personally that is what I think he is worth and how good I think he could become. We have his contract and now they can go flip unless they want to pay the big monies.

I know you will call me crazy lazy, but I can see this kid playing for United or Liverpool easy. And slotting in with no trouble. He will only get better as he plays and even more so, if he plays with better players.

From the clubs point of view, they will sell for £6m in a flash.
So, we now know what will happen :(

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Would you sell Manning on 09:04 - May 2 with 1810 viewsqpr1976

There is no way anyone, Premiership or Real Madrid, would pay £4/5M for Manning IMO

He's not THAT good (yet). He got great potential, I really hope he gets to fulfil that with us. But, if the club get a £2m+ bid for him, it will be accepted. It has to be for FFP reasons and in the interest of improving the squad. (Therein lies 'The Plan'), as I say IMO.

Would you sell Manning on 09:22 - May 2 with 1803 viewsLunarJetman

Thanks for your input Rolaaand...

Would you sell Manning on 12:16 - May 2 with 1754 viewsdaveB

strikes me as a completely made up story designed to get people to click on the link from 3 different sets of supporters and drive advertising revenue.

Would you sell Manning on 12:59 - May 2 with 1727 viewsDorse

It's like that rumour John Terry is coming to us as the QPR In The Community Trust Diversity Officer.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Would you sell Manning on 14:58 - May 2 with 1666 viewsTheJudge

I'd like to keep him. I think he'll get better and hopefully then, (for a change) we could sell and get really good money for him

Would you sell Manning on 15:15 - May 2 with 1654 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'd like to keep him too if possible.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Would you sell Manning on 19:09 - May 2 with 1574 viewsLongsufferingR

I think you misread that one Dorse. It was John Terry's mum coming to us as an oral massage therapist.

Would you sell Manning on 22:28 - May 2 with 1486 viewsQPR_John

"But, if the club get a £2m+ bid for him, it will be accepted. It has to be for FFP reasons and in the interest of improving the squad"

I don't see selling a player for £2M would allow the squad to be improved.

Of topic does not your statement sum up the inequality of FFP

Would you sell Manning on 21:28 - May 3 with 1342 viewsFredManRave

Or in Match Thread terminology;

SAD.

The Croydon Advertiser doesn't think he's ready yet either;

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/all-you-need-to-know-about-crystal-palace-tar

Digital Football Writer for Trinity Mirror South East, Mark Ritson, was our Crystal Palace correspondent for five seasons previously and has since reported on a number of other clubs inside the media group. One of them has been Queens Park Rangers for our sister title, Get West London. And with the Eagles linked with a move for Rangers starlet Ryan Manning this week, who better to get the lowdown and opinion from?Below, Mark has his say on Manning and whether he's good enough for Palace yet, amid rumours of a summer move. Just a little more than four months ago, no one had really heard of Ryan Manning. Well, apart from if you're a Queens Park Rangers fan.
But even to some Hoops supporters back in December, they may not have known too much about him.

Manning has been linked with a summer move to Crystal Palace or AFC Bournemouth this week. It's far, far too early for him, I have to say. He was in QPR's development squad until Ian Holloway returned to the club as manager in November. A month and a half later, the boss was impressed by what he saw in a few reserve games and gave him a crack at the first team picture on New Year's Eve, against Wolverhampton Wanderers.From there on, Manning has become a first team regular, making a further 16 appearances in the Championship and scoring one goal, which was in his fourth outing at home to Fulham.
Fast-forward to mid-March and the diminutive midfielder was given his first call-up to the Republic of Ireland U21 squad.

It has been an up and down experience for him at Rangers inside 17 games. He's been on winning runs and losing ones, too.

Holloway has utilised him out wide for a few games, although he's not really your typical out-and-out winger.

Do you see a comparison here with a certain crowd favourite at Selhurst Park, in Jonny Williams?Manning is a player where you can utilise him anywhere across the midfield. But he does need to add goals to his game, and a few more assists.For me, Manning has a very long way to go before we start touting him for the Premier League. He is certainly not ready or good enough yet for the top flight — he needs to learn his trade in the Championship a lot more. And physicality-wise, he'd have to bulk up a little more perhaps.He's only 20, has plenty of time on his side, of course, but what we need to see is a player develop his game further and fully at this level.
There have been other talents from the Football League who have been snapped up by the bigger Premier League in the past, but Manning is not strong enough yet for that.

QPR is a solid ground for him to continue developing his game under Holloway, a former midfielder himself as we all know.

Get a full season under your belt, impress, and who knows where they may lead. But he needs to be a first team regular, grabbing goals and assists before anyone can say he's good enough for a top flight club. We have seen so many young players impress in such a short period of time, that a bigger club come in for them, they see the flashing lights and get caught up in the hype — that they then become a smaller fish in a big pond, see their careers stagnate and end up back out on loan at a lower level. One prime example of that is Diego Poyet. Starred for Charlton Athletic's development side, burst into the first team in 2014 and even won the fans' player of the year award inside just three and a half months.
Then what happened? Went to West Ham, didn't live up to expectations and went out on loan to Huddersfield Town, Milton Keynes Dons and Charlton. Since then? Released by West Ham last summer and no one had seen or heard of him since, until recently when he signed for Argentinian side Godoy Cruz. Who? These youngsters need to learn their trade and build up a proper experience before heading for the big time.
Palace fans will talk to you all day long about John Bostock…
And I guess that takes me back to Jonny Williams at Palace. Is Manning any better than him? No. Does it look like Jonny is going to in Palace's first team any time soon? No. You also have to compare him to the other midfielders at the club.

Manning has a lot more to do before the likes of Bournemouth or Palace come calling.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024