Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan players. 22:18 - May 16 with 2485 viewsSnipper

if we want to try and challenge for a play-off place next season, do we need to use the loan market? If so, how many?

Loan players. on 22:24 - May 16 with 2473 viewsLblock

I'd say six maybe seven.

Not sure they'd all go to Swindon, we may need to find a few other clubs to take 'em.

Hopefully we can get a back 4 in then.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Loan players. on 22:32 - May 16 with 2443 viewseghamranger

Be nice to get a decent striker in, like Bristol city did with Abraham, but they are few and far between and would they want to come.

IH says he wants 3 or 4, but there must be at least 6 going at the end of the month.

Loan players. on 22:32 - May 16 with 2442 viewsdaveB

the good loan players cost a load of money and if they do well you have to spend even more to replace them.

We've had some good ones like Walker, Adel, Routledge and Morrison (1st time) over the years but plenty of awful ones who cost the club a fortune and stopped our own players getting a chance.

Signing loads of loan players was one of the main complaints people seemed to have against Redknapp so not sure going back to that is the answer

Loan players. on 23:29 - May 16 with 2379 viewsozexile

We need a centre back, striker and Mooy from man city and we'll be minimum play off bound.

Loan players. on 06:43 - May 17 with 2277 viewsozranger

I reckon if Mooy and Luongo melded, we'd get Ale back.

Loan players. on 07:44 - May 17 with 2210 viewsNorthernr

Short answer, yeh a couple, and obviously you'd be hoping for the quality of Mooy or Abraham.

Flippant answer, remember just before Warnock arrived and we were all saying (as was he) that the problem was we had too many loan players?

Loan players. on 08:09 - May 17 with 2174 viewspaulparker

Been banging on for 2 years now but if we could get Lewis Baker here on a seasons loan then we could be very decent next year
like the look of young Sancho at City but I don't think they would loan him to us
ojo at Liverpool who when he was at MK dons was considered to be better than Ali again could be another , all 3 of these players can play behind the striker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Loan players. on 10:10 - May 17 with 2107 viewsrichranger

Ah - but then Warnock brought in Kyle Walker and Routledge. But with a specific purpose - Walker for the injured Orr, and Routledge for Mackie.

So yes, 1 or 2 quality loans would be good, but only 1 or 2 covering positions we are short in.

Loan players. on 10:21 - May 17 with 2084 viewsNorthernr

Yeh agreed.
Though as Dave B says it's a common misconception that loans are free. Bristol City will have paid plenty to borrow Abraham for a year, and it's basically dead money because they've no chance of ever signing him permanently. So you have to ask, do we want to hand what little money we have over to a rich Premier League team in return for developing their player for a few months, obstructing the path of our own juniors to the first team in the process?

Loan players. on 10:24 - May 17 with 2080 viewseghamranger

Everyone hopes that you get a decent loan player, that won't get into a premier league team and then he stays on when your promoted.

But it doesn't and won't happen.

Loan players. on 10:28 - May 17 with 2071 viewsWadR

Due to rule changes and the way big clubs hoard players, the nature of loaning has definitely changed in the last 5 or so years. I actually think there's a bit more value in the market than when Warnock made those comments. Just the sheer quantity of players hoarded by the top clubs, means there's players available on loan for relatively cheap (compared to the way transfer fees have inflated in the last few years) of a really high quality.

Important thing is using connections like Ramsey and Ferdinand at Spurs to find who the next big star should be. Finding an equivalent to Abraham and Mooy this season, Pritchard when he was at Brentford and Bamford when he was Boro initially rather than pining over the already established stars who probably aren't realistic.

Agree with PP, Lewis Baker would be brilliant - two footed, excellent set pieices, creative midfielder. There's tons of Chelsea players that we ought to be looking at, Ike Ugbo is the year younger equivalent of Abraham - scored a lot of goals in the FA youth cup winning side. Trevoh Chalobah, Nathan's younger brother, captained that side and looks a quality centreback (although only turns 18 this summer).

Loan players. on 13:19 - May 17 with 1975 viewsWeaverQPR

I'd take Delaney back from Palce and play in as a CB. Easily good enough for a year

@WeavQPR

Loan players. on 13:38 - May 17 with 1945 viewsdaveB

I'm sure we are looking at them but they don't come for free, you have to pay a loan fee for them and wages so it's effectively buying a player for a year and not being able to sell him.

Loan players. on 15:40 - May 17 with 1882 viewssimmo

It's a measured decision though, Huddersfield probably wouldn't be in the play-offs without their loans, similarly Bristol may well have been relegated if they didn't pay the fee to have Abraham. If we think the best we can do is mid-table anyway, then there's no point blocking a youth player to develop someone else.

Then again we don't have any young players knocking on the door at CB or up front and they are positions we are light on, the latter especially is a very pricey position to fill, it might make sense to take the comparitavely cheaper option of a temporary loan and put investment into other areas to keep in Lee Hoos's frugal masterplan.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Loan players. on 15:58 - May 17 with 1853 viewspaulparker

Looks like we are still looking at the Academy and following the Bilbao model rather than the quick fix loan system

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10880323/athletic-bilbaos-methods-p

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Loan players. on 17:26 - May 17 with 1765 viewsSnipper

Very interesting story and they should be applauded for it.

But where are we going to find Basque players around Shepherds Bush? :-).

Loan players. on 17:39 - May 17 with 1742 viewsted_hendrix

I was under the impression that when QPR loaned players to other clubs, we paid the players wages and carried on giving the player luncheon vouchers and free cinema tickets and we also paid the club a fee to take the useless bastard off our hands for a season.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Loan players. on 17:46 - May 17 with 1729 viewsNorthernr

That's the difference between having players other people want, and having players you're desperate to get rid of and they know it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024