Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Scowen 17:58 - Jun 22 with 21948 viewsWadR

Strong rumours from, relatively, reliable sources saying we've signed Josh Scowen the Barnsley midfielder on a free.

Would be very pleased with that. Had a great season last year, seems very popular with Barnsley fans and although we're well stocked for midfielders, I thought we were lacking a more defensive option to play alongside a box-to-box type in Luongo/Manning/Cousins.

Josh Scowen on 18:17 - Jun 22 with 12383 viewskingo

Originally from Cheshunt so makes sense for him to come back nearer home. Good player at this level.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Josh Scowen on 18:21 - Jun 22 with 12366 viewsDannytheR

Might be something in the idea we're looking to move Luongo on in that case. We're surely going to have to operate a one-in, one-out policy this summer (mercifully), and we're overstocked in central midfield as it is.

Financially at least, it makes all the sense in the world to get a few quid for Luongo and replace him with Scowen on a free.

Josh Scowen on 18:33 - Jun 22 with 12325 viewsWadR

Depends on what set-up we're playing and whether Holloway is classing Hall as a midfielder or not.

I think if we're planning to play a 3 including a DM, we don't really have anyone other than Hall. Goss likes to drop deep but he's certainly not a defensive midfielder and I don't think Cousins or Luongo are either really.

Assuming Borysiuk and Doughty leave this summer and we keep everyone else (don't buy the Luongo rumours) - that leaves us with Manning, Cousins, Luongo, Freeman, Goss, Hall. Freeman has often played wide or more advanced, likewise Hall in defence, Cousins is just coming back from a serious injury and Goss looks like he'll need a bit of time getting up to Championship quality.

Interestingly**, would reunite Scowen with Matt Ingram - both played in the Wycombe side that lost the Play off final in 2015 along with Alfie Mawson and Hogan Ephraim.

** - warning! Fact is not interesting

Josh Scowen on 18:55 - Jun 22 with 12254 viewsrsonist

Yikes I forgot all about Cousins. The difference a year makes...

Can't say Scowen really stuck in my memory last season but judging by the reactions of other teams we've a(nother) very decent, busy hard-running box to box / defensive midfielder on our hands.

I'm not really sure how to react to be honest. I don't feel like we're short of capable options in the squad - it's how they're all being used. I'd have thought fewer players would bring the clarity we need not more.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 18:56]

Josh Scowen on 20:22 - Jun 22 with 11973 viewsichbinnaughty

I really think that IF Cousins can get fit and IF cousins can STAY fit, he will have a big impact on our season.
The old cliche of being like a new signing, but if he can get back to his best for a prolonged period of time then he'll influence our season.

Josh Scowen on 20:46 - Jun 22 with 11864 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Encouraging rumour. I know very little about him but I trust the opinions on here.

On a free as well, which will mean more wages available out of our budget as we've saved a fee.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Josh Scowen on 12:55 - Jun 23 with 11504 viewsTW_R

According to Wiki he's already a QPR player!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Scowen

Must be another one from Les' Spursiosi - I can guarantee this guy has heard of Spurs in some way! Les and Ramsey out!!

Josh Scowen on 13:06 - Jun 23 with 11463 viewsFredManRave

Until I see a picture of him putting a cheap bic pen to paper, I won't believe it...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Josh Scowen on 13:09 - Jun 23 with 11428 viewsstevec

No idea who he is but if he's coming in from a side above us AND replacing Luongo then he's welcome anytime.

Incidentally thought Rangers were getting a new website. Looks like the same old shít to me.

Josh Scowen on 13:28 - Jun 23 with 11309 viewssimmo

What a ray of sunshine you are Steve!

With the caveat that he's not yet official, be pleased if this comes to pass. Lovely little player and after Hourihane was a stand out performer from a good footballing team. For free is also great news.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Josh Scowen on 13:34 - Jun 23 with 11267 viewsBklynRanger

He scowen to be amaaaaazing for us!

Josh Scowen on 13:41 - Jun 23 with 11220 viewsdaveB

I know we have quite a few midfielders but we don't have many good ones so he'd be a good addition.

I'm looking forward to seeing Cousins this season, I think he's going to do well

Josh Scowen on 13:54 - Jun 23 with 11164 viewstoboboly

Boo. Booooooooooooo.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Josh Scowen on 14:06 - Jun 23 with 11107 viewsFredManRave

He'll be playing in a higher state of consciousness.

Josh

I've got the Power.

Josh Scowen on 14:11 - Jun 23 with 11080 viewsstevec

Yep, can't argue with that.

Also, thanks for the heads up on alt gr, fúcking loving it.

Josh Scowen on 14:14 - Jun 23 with 11065 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Well I got it mate

Josh Scowen on 14:32 - Jun 23 with 11007 viewsTW_R

I like it. Getting in early with the booing - good to know we are keeping up with traditions.

Josh Scowen on 14:36 - Jun 23 with 10983 viewstoboboly

Pre-season training started today. I can't tell you how important it is to have a good pre-season. Sets you up for the whole season.

Josh Scowen on 14:44 - Jun 23 with 10937 viewsTW_R

I'm impressed with your immaculate preparation! Don't forget to throw in a few "Oh FFSs" when he has the audacity to misplace a pass and a "Go back to f*cking Barnsley" when he misses a 25 yarder.

Josh Scowen on 14:54 - Jun 23 with 10877 viewstoboboly

I was more booing Brooklyn tbh. If he misplaces a pass i'll be c@nting apoplectic!

Josh Scowen on 14:55 - Jun 23 with 10872 viewsFredManRave

We'd better be careful mate or we'll be accused of houseicising threads!

I've got the Power.

Josh Scowen on 15:02 - Jun 23 with 10841 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It is Friday though mate ;)

Josh Scowen on 15:32 - Jun 23 with 10703 viewsvegasranger

If he joins I would hope that would allow Grant Hall to go back to his proper position. Scowen seems to be a good pick up and for a vey good price. I read wages of $9,000 a week.

Josh Scowen on 16:12 - Jun 23 with 10545 viewsterryb

I have my doubts that the contract would specify dollars!

Josh Scowen on 16:40 - Jun 23 with 10477 viewsNorthernr

Non dom innit. Bright lad is Josh. Pity the fool who pays full tax on his earnings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024