Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ABBA penalties 12:05 - Aug 7 with 9215 viewsBluce_Ree

The f**k is this shit?

Apparently the filth lost in the Charity Shield or whatever it's called yesterday. After 90 mins they went straight to penalties where they employed the ABBA system.

Team A goes first.
Team B goes second and third
Team A goes fourth and fifth

and so on until some footballing exec gets beaten about the head and neck.

1. LOL at Chelsea anyway.
2. What is this bullshit?

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

ABBA penalties on 12:12 - Aug 7 with 8093 viewspaulparker

is that what that sh1t was about, I was in the pub and thought I was half cut as I could of swore that Chelsea took 2 penalties in a row, the fella next to me was going "nah mate arsenal scored the last one " so god knows what he was drinking or even watching
who the hell thought this up and thought it was a good idea
still I suppose the winner takes it all

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

ABBA penalties on 12:12 - Aug 7 with 8093 viewsichbinnaughty

I quite like the concept - it effectively dilutes any advantage over a team 'choosing' to go first (to put the pressure on the opponent in having to follow) or second (to put the pressure on the opponent in having to go first).
So, no one team goes first or is second throughout the shootout. Both get the pressure of both.

ABBA penalties on 12:13 - Aug 7 with 8089 viewsdaveB

not sure why they had to change it, took all the tension out of it as soon as Chelsea missed it was pretty much over

ABBA penalties on 12:27 - Aug 7 with 8048 viewsdaveB

It also kills the tension as soon as anyone misses as the other team will have 2 penalties to move clear and basically win it, I really don't see the point in changing it

It's the same in tennis, if you serve first in a tie breaker and lose the point you have basically lost as the other player will likely be 3-0 before you get another go

ABBA penalties on 12:30 - Aug 7 with 8022 viewsSimonJames

Maybe if they do the penalties before the game starts, then at least one team knows that it needs to go all out to win.

100% of people who drink water will die.

ABBA penalties on 12:39 - Aug 7 with 7986 viewsBluce_Ree

Regular penalties are fine and always have been.

Also, everyone knows that the team that misses first goes on to win 99% of the time anyway.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

ABBA penalties on 13:33 - Aug 7 with 7882 viewsstowmarketrange

The official stats say that the team that takes the first penalty wins 60% of all penalty shootouts under the old system.I don't see how changing to the Anna system will even things out at all.And if the figures go the other way will they change it back again?
Still at least the scum lost.

ABBA penalties on 13:45 - Aug 7 with 7850 viewsWestonsuperR

I'm a traditionalist and don't like change but do see this as a positive as it takes the disadvantage out of going second in the shootout. Going first is clearly an advantage (win 60%) and is only gained by winning the toss of a coin. Certainly worth trying.

ABBA penalties on 14:15 - Aug 7 with 7775 viewsstowmarketrange

Where do you draw the line on the advantage in a penalty shootout?Does the team who decides which end to take the penalties gain an advantage that lasts throughout the duration of the shootout?
The 60% swing might be partially explained by the team going 2nd know that they might have to score to stay in it?There will always be added pressure on the player who needs to score to keep his team in it and I don't see how abba pentalties will change that much.

ABBA penalties on 14:46 - Aug 7 with 7712 viewsfrancisbowles

It seems like a cosmetic change.

I would far rather they went for the old NASL shoot out. Which was put the ball down 35 yards from goal and have five seconds (I think) to beat the keeper, who can come of his line to meet you.

They did have extra lines (35 yards from goal) on the pitch which they used for offside, instead of the half way line, as well.

ABBA penalties on 17:14 - Aug 7 with 7583 viewsbosh67

Knowing me, knowing Giroud.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

ABBA penalties on 17:30 - Aug 7 with 7551 viewsrsonist

Seemed to me that if the first B misses the second taker is placed under disproportionately intense pressure. Alright when it's the scum obviously but I don't like the concept otherwise.

ABBA penalties on 20:27 - Aug 7 with 7405 viewsloftboy

I thought it was callled the ABBA system because "the winner takes it all".
I'll get my coat

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

ABBA penalties on 20:32 - Aug 7 with 7397 viewsBluce_Ree

Let it be known the band ABBA were straight shit as well.

ABBA penalties on 20:37 - Aug 7 with 7389 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whatever system they deploy, you can bet England will lose on penalties.

ABBA penalties on 20:46 - Aug 7 with 7376 viewsDannyPaddox

Next Arsenal Sheffield Utd penalty shoot out will be interesting.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 20:49]

ABBA penalties on 21:04 - Aug 7 with 7346 viewsBenny_the_Ball

You know that. Thank you for the music? Not bloody likely.

One time in the pub a friend of mine said how much they hated ABBA's music. A passer-by who overheard quipped "You may as well say you hate gay people".

ABBA penalties on 22:27 - Aug 7 with 7265 viewsqprjeff1882

Cue pending court case by "ABBA" on using/stealing their name without asking.

ABBA penalties on 23:04 - Aug 7 with 7211 viewsted_hendrix

They should call it the Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention penalties.

Should there be a draw at full time both teams would gather in the centre circle and on the referees whistle each player has to sing Franks mind blowing song "The Voice Of Cheese".

The referee would then blow his whistle and point to one player and his team would win the cup.
"Hello, teenage America.
My name is Suzy Creemcheese."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

ABBA penalties on 23:20 - Aug 7 with 7195 viewsmarkrtid

I always thought I had a large one but maybe it was just "disproportionately" sized?
What an amazing word!
I'm not knocking you but I am going to use that every day for a week starting with my Morning coffee in Starbucks tomorrow morn when I demand a disproportionately flavoured coffee taste with my caramel.

Here is one. for Wednesday morning.
It was a "disproportionately bad day at the office". We never learn.

Peace

ABBA penalties on 00:53 - Aug 8 with 7150 viewsisawqpratwcity

I hope the pitch is muddy.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

ABBA penalties on 01:10 - Aug 8 with 7135 viewsmarkrtid

Can they actually do that? Or are you just Promentalshitbackwashpsychosisenema me?

I so wish I had some disproportionately'ness within me now. Damn you QPR. Why? Why? Why?

ABBA penalties on 07:43 - Aug 8 with 7007 viewsMick_S

That's the name of the game.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

ABBA penalties on 14:17 - Aug 8 with 6889 viewssmegma

If it aint broke, dont even attempt at fixing it.

ABBA penalties on 16:54 - Aug 8 with 6787 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024